Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    112
    I solo them with 470-480 ilvl dps gear. be careful of spirits and spec for the fears and you'll be fine.

  2. #22
    Will give it some tries, thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-04-04 at 03:23 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  3. #23
    ....... I'm bedazzled!

    Thought I was about to spend 14 days hunting these down for the mounts. 6 kills later I have all 3 (check my armory). I did all LFR (+ coin on all boss') for 2 weeks and got to i488 on my DK and killing them in dps gear as blood spec was as easy as you said it would be. Dps was bit low ~40k, but it felt really safe, never near death.

    This was the DK I used (I never play my alts like this one, they are just for mount-farming): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ellenax/simple
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-04-08 at 01:30 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    ....... I'm bedazzled!

    Thought I was about to spend 14 days hunting these down for the mounts. 6 kills later I have all 3 (check my armory). I did all LFR (+ coin on all boss') for 2 weeks and got to i488 on my DK and killing them in dps gear as blood spec was as easy as you said it would be. Dps was bit low ~40k, but it felt really safe, never near death.

    This was the DK I used (I never play my alts like this one, they are just for mount-farming): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ellenax/simple
    Danm you
    DANM YOUUUUU
    I got maybe 75+ kills under my belt and I only got 1 mount x.x

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Danm you
    DANM YOUUUUU
    I got maybe 75+ kills under my belt and I only got 1 mount x.x
    Same... as in, 6th kill, amber mount, 29th kill, slate mount, 68th kill or so, amber mount while 2-manning with a dps, 153rd kill, still wondering why no drops in 85 kills (from #68 to #153).

    Started with like 495 item level dps gear, now 506, initially 8 mins, now record 4 mins 12 sec.

    Having 3 mounts drop within the first 60 kills or so was quite normal for a 5% (should drop 1 in 20 kills), now no mounts in 85 kills seriously... I may suspect a bug as well, the chance of a 5% NOT dropping even once in 85 kills is 1%.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Having 3 mounts drop within the first 60 kills or so was quite normal for a 5% (should drop 1 in 20 kills), now no mounts in 85 kills seriously... I may suspect a bug as well, the chance of a 5% NOT dropping even once in 85 kills is 1%.
    It is actually very simple, the fact that I got ALL the 3 mounts in 6 kills is the reason some of you have to spend 100+ attempts to get them. Else the universe would go out of balance and collapse!

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  7. #27
    I been trying to solo these guys for a while but I always seem to get around 50% and make mistakes that get me killed. I am in i477 tank gear that is gear towards dodge and parry rather than hit and expertise. Should I reforge to gain more hit and exp? I am not having a problem with the abilities (spirit, thunder crush, asteroids) it seems just his main melee attack is what is getting me. How do u guys just eat it? Maybe I am not hitting death strike at the right time? Thanks in advance for any help.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorgt View Post
    I been trying to solo these guys for a while but I always seem to get around 50% and make mistakes that get me killed. I am in i477 tank gear that is gear towards dodge and parry rather than hit and expertise. Should I reforge to gain more hit and exp? I am not having a problem with the abilities (spirit, thunder crush, asteroids) it seems just his main melee attack is what is getting me. How do u guys just eat it? Maybe I am not hitting death strike at the right time? Thanks in advance for any help.
    I'd say you have too low mastery if the normal melee's are killing you, my blood shield keeps me from taking any physical damage ever from him.

  9. #29
    Mastery is 113%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •