Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    There's about 0.5% chance of 16 non-crits in a row at his ilvl...that's pretty bad, but not at all astronomical bad luck. It's also very, very bad game design. I don't understand why they wouldn't make a stacking crit buff for a spec like this, maybe 5-10% crit chance for each non-crit, until you do indeed get a crit. So his gear he starts 30% crit, he would be guaranteed a crit in 7-14 casts at most, if he managed to get non-crits at 95%, 90%, etc. This way, with far worse luck than even he had you'd still be able to get back on track within a limited time frame.

The thing is, I think most people including myself really love fire gameplay when it's working. It almost feels like an actual inferno, with things exploding and bursting into flames without warning. I'd love to keep the spec that way, only without such punishing bad luck stretches. You can't really justify a spot to a raid leader because your preferred spec 'feels cool'!
    Stacking crit buff? Olol, old-school combustion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    There's about 0.5% chance of 16 non-crits in a row at his ilvl...that's pretty bad, but not at all astronomical bad luck. It's also very, very bad game design. I don't understand why they wouldn't make a stacking crit buff for a spec like this, maybe 5-10% crit chance for each non-crit, until you do indeed get a crit. So his gear he starts 30% crit, he would be guaranteed a crit in 7-14 casts at most, if he managed to get non-crits at 95%, 90%, etc. This way, with far worse luck than even he had you'd still be able to get back on track within a limited time frame.

The thing is, I think most people including myself really love fire gameplay when it's working. It almost feels like an actual inferno, with things exploding and bursting into flames without warning. I'd love to keep the spec that way, only without such punishing bad luck stretches. You can't really justify a spot to a raid leader because your preferred spec 'feels cool'!
    Pretty much dead on - it's rare, but possible (Wish I would have 0.5% chances on other things happen to me instead - such as mount drops >_>)

*When* fire gets rolling - it's so much fun. You're basically launching an inferno of pain.

I'm honestly not sure what could possible fix fire at lower gear without either being less effective at higher gear (As that just seems weird), but doesn't cause the massive disparity either.

They really need to move it from crit somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Stacking crit buff? Olol, old-school combustion.
    Haha yeah I thought of that too. Still, it's the best way I can think of to keep the current flavor of fire without it being so obnoxiously gear-dependent and/or making it OP at high gear levels. As I recall they made that change because it wasn't really worth much when crit levels were getting over 50%; maybe now that it'd be valuable again they might bring it back in some way?

Deleted
    Sounds like a really fun idea. Its they did this but decreased damage (if need be) to even out our dps, it could actually make the spec lot more fun.