10+ Year Old Account

Had Enough! What card from Ati / Nvidia is like my old GTX 570?

Well after being close to smashing my keyboard many times i have decided to check out another card that maybe can stop the issues i keep having.

Seems Blizzard / Nvidia have no solution to the ifamous ''Driver have stopped responding and recovered issue'' I have tested everything i have found but nothing seems to work!

Been having this issue for 2 years atleast and rarely before with my old GTS8800. Not fun when your doing dailys and try to do a ''leeerooy'' when done and run past every mob only to crash when you least need it and then your dead when returning.

I have done carefull installs from 260 to the latest 214.22 drivers but no result yet so think i give up.

What card can i get thats the modern counterpart to my old Asus GTX570 DCii card? Heard ATI cards dont have this issue?
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your card overclocked? Driver crashes can be a result of an unstable overclock

And to answer your main question, a GTX 670 would be the direct successor to yours.

Have you tried reducing the clock speeds? Overclocks, at all (even if stable everywhere else) have a tendency to cause Wow to have nervous breakdowns in my personal experience.

Are you sure you would not like something better than the GTX 570 while you're spending money anyway? HD7870 should be a bit better, as should the GTX 660 non-Ti

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to make a jump to the "Red" team I would look at the 7950 or 7970 also if you mainly playing Blizzard games the 7870 should be enough. If you are wanting to stay with the "Green" team get the 660ti it's enough to run any blizzard game fairly easy and the 670 is the step up and the 680 is overkill IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i have upped voltage and lowered clock nothing works mixed with fan settings to...not working.

Maybe i was unclear sorry, ofc i looking for something new in the same class, not same as the old in performance, like a 670 or ati counterpart.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 11:31 PM ----------

i run other games to like BF3, GW2, Skyrim but mostly WoW and i want wow on max setting without issues! exept these crashes i was able to easily max setting before but lowering them reduced crashing a little bit.

HD7970 or GTX 670 performance wise. If you want to steal a lot of performance for less, HD7950 (from Gigabyte would be my preferrence.) is amazing value and overclocks like a champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a look at the ''Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 Windforce 3X HDMI Dual-DisplayPort 3GB'' seems like a nice card, loads of memory to, great for multi monitor setup?

Think it handles wow maxed for a long time to come?

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 12:05 AM ----------

Edit: read some about the card and it seems to be loved and i have also heard that that cooler is awesome, anything elde i should know?
    Placing my order soon otherwise.

''Driver have stopped responding and recovered issue'' RMA the card it's faulty. I had a 5770 that had the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Took a look at the ''Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 Windforce 3X HDMI Dual-DisplayPort 3GB'' seems like a nice card, loads of memory to, great for multi monitor setup?

Think it handles wow maxed for a long time to come?

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 12:05 AM ----------

Edit: read some about the card and it seems to be loved and i have also heard that that cooler is awesome, anything elde i should know?
    Placing my order soon otherwise.
    gigabyte lately have been shipping cards that are voltage locked bare this in mind when you buy as you may need a bios flash another alternative is the vapor-x model from sapphire its on par with the windforce when it comes to cooling and when it comes to customer service from my own experience sapphire are far better than gigabyte if you need to rma for any reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Shortly after my last post i ordered 1 ''Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 Windforce 3X HDMI Dual-DisplayPort 3GB'', seems a friend of mine had one and he also recomended it so now it is on the mail and i have it today or next day.

BTW Shall i remove the nvidia drivers and stuff before i shut down comp to swap card?
    Shall i get new bios and drivers ready for the new card to save time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Shortly after my last post i ordered 1 ''Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 Windforce 3X HDMI Dual-DisplayPort 3GB'', seems a friend of mine had one and he also recomended it so now it is on the mail and i have it today or next day.

BTW Shall i remove the nvidia drivers and stuff before i shut down comp to swap card?
    Shall i get new bios and drivers ready for the new card to save time?
    yes, remove all nvidia drivers and do a driver sweep before you install the new card. feel free to download the latest drivers, but i wouldnt install them until you get the card.