Shadow t15 2p Bug or intended?

Earlier today while clearing horridon hc, I noticed suddenly my dots had spiked to 2-3 min durations, as I thought this was very wierd, I decided to start fraps.
    After watching the footage for a bit, I cant seem to understand what could've caused this to happen, it also seems to stop randomly after a certain ammount of time, this is also not a visual bug.
    The only recreation I managed to do was the try thereafter, where my dots shot up to 1m and then stopped there, only to drop off later in the fight.

/watch?v=yRLPYH4Oefs youtube

I recently got ahold of the 2p, this is the first horridon kill since then.

Character is Icy on Silvermoon-EU and no, I did not use the lei shen trinket with 100% crit.

So, now my question is: Bug or intended?

-Icy

PS: not allowed to post links as I created an mmo account to post about this.
    Last edited by ISIcy; 2013-03-28 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Intended. That's how the RNG works with our two piece set bonus.

I've had Primordius kills where I had to to recast my VT and SW:P second time at around 50%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, Volitar shared the same experience a few days ago in the Shadow DPS Guide thread stickied at the top. I tried to calculate the odds of it occurring and got something in the 1 in many millions range - it could be a bug however, his DoTs leapt to about 3:12 seconds on a trash pull. I'd love to see someone get this during a boss fight though

So, just because the odds are very very low doesn't make them impossible, millions of us play WoW - of which a fraction of that play Shadow - of which each of us Spriests kills hundreds of things a week - so even a low chance of 1 in many millions (per fight) might not be that rare given how often we are in combat in WoW. With that said, that they both jumped to 3 minute durations is a tad odd - it could very well be a bug. Did the dots suddenly vanish before your timers suggested they would expire, or did the mob die to early to tell?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The dots remained for the duration of the fight, ticking til the very end, we whiped at around 20 ish %, I applied them at 60-70 ish% which was right after we killed war-god with hero up, and different haste procs, what baffles me the most tho is that they spiked 4-7 procs every second til they had 3m duration, then they slowed down significantly, also looking at my crits, I can tell 100% that I didnt crit 4-7 times every sec.
    Last edited by ISIcy; 2013-03-27 at 11:36 PM.

GC mentioned that SA do requeue if their original target dies.

On Horridon this means that all SA spawned on adds, but have these adds die before they can be spawned, will be requeued on either another add or horridon. After the final gate you'll have a pretty long queue to be unloaded on Horridon. Horridons hitbox is huge, SA won't have a travel time, the queued SA will be spawned instantly, resulting in a lot of DoT extensions happen at the same time.

For Volitar - They chainpulled trash right after fighting Primordius. Unless he was meleeing Primordius, the SA queue should be very long due to fighting primordius.

That makes alot of sense, thank you for explaining!

I posted a thread on h2p about a bug I saw with SA spawning out of control even without SWP crits at /viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3494

Maybe you could check it out and see if something similar happened to you? In our failed attempt I had 12 SWP tick crits and 2 mastery crits and had over 100 SA spawns. You can see easily in the log browser that I am proccing multiple SA without even getting crits on my SWP.

It's recreateable, also very much abuseable, here's a link of me doing just that on prim 10 hc.

Essentially what happens is as Kaesebrezen explains, SA's that are queued for other mobs when the mob dies enters a queue of SA's, and if you somehow can make the traveltime of the SA's low, or nonexistent you can VERY fast stack up your buffed dots (hero, trinket procs, pot etc) to last the entire remainder of the fight

My positioning is NOT random at all that entire fight.

.youtube.com/watch?v=BkCu5WPAH1g

-Icy