View Poll Results: Should Thrall die in 5.3/5.4?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should die to enrage the horde

    173 49.57%
  • He should not die, horde needs him as leader

    176 50.43%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    I love thrall from wc3, i loved the original thrall in wow aswell. Thralloclysm destroyed everything for me, killing my night elf hero Staghelm, as well as benedictus. For me wow lore "died" at that point. Soon Mop came out and i realized i was right.



    This I don't understand. New lore =/= dead lore.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  2. #122
    Possible spoiler warning!!!!

    I suppose that he'll go to Orgrimmar alone (like the new sound files from upcoming patch indicates). There he'll be captured and everyone will think he died. Garrosh will even announce that he's been killed after swift interrogation. That will piss off Vol'Jin (who was waiting for him in a zeppelin parked nearby). He will rally all that are opposed to Garrosh and will launch a great attack on the Orgrimmar. Unfortunately, to have the strength to deal with the Warchief, he'll have to turn to the Sha (the 7th unnamed one) to aid him.
    He and his sha-infused trolls pour through the Orgrimmar killing all orcs on sight, Blood Elves and Taurens aid them - though both Baine and Lorthemar don't really feel safe around 'new' Vol'jin. Going through the city Vol'jin encounters Saurfang who stands in his way, because simply killing Garrosh in a blood crazed revange is not right to him. He believes Garrosh should be brought to justice instead before all leaders, thrown into the prison, but spared his life. He tries to stop Vol'jin but is defeated. He's gravely wounded and about to die.

    'Vol'jin.. you listen to me. I have 3 zeppelins full of refugee orcs too injured to pose a threat to you. Husbands.. Fathers.. You listen. Let those zeppelins go. You hear me..'..
    We hear orc yelling in the background 'WE"RE SURROUNDED.. THERE"S NO WAY OUT!".. Vol'jin looks with cold eyes, not saying anything.

    'YOU BASTARD! You're not even a troll anymore! you betrayed us all.. For what? Petty revange? How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die? What if Thrall could see you right now?'.. Vol'jin kills him with just his mind, without a word. Saurfangs axe fells from his dead hand. Orc in the background yell:
    'OVERLORD! WE'RE SURROUNDED! WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!'.. Vol'jin closes his eyes connecting mentally to other sha-touched trolls. 'OVERLORD! THE TROLLS PULLED BACK! IT'S A MIRACLE! WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT! OVERLORD? OVERLORD?

    In Orgrimmar, Vol'jin finds Thrall trapped in Ragefire Chasm. He's shocked to see his friend fall into the sha-infusion turning himself into troll-like abomination.

    'No'.. he weeps.
    'I had to get ya out, mon' - Vol'jin is clearly sad, knowing he let Thrall down.
    'What have you done?'
    'What I had to..'
    'Tell that to Saurfang! Tell that to all those you've butchered!'
    'Ya sworn to kill all the sha' - he hands Thrall a blade - 'Ya were the only one who stood by my, do ya still believe in me?"..
    Thrall closes his eyes and throws the knife on the ground.. He's shocked at what Vol'Jin did to himself.. He leaves the room saying short 'we're done' and leaving sad troll behind. The siege continues and Vol'Jin eventually gets to Garrosh. He enters the room, Garrosh sits on his Throne

    'Oh, Hello Vol'Jin. I've been waiting for you'.
    'Ima surprised ya didn't try to escape Mon.' He replies approaching Warchief,
    'Escape? Ooh, hahaha, old friend, I'm afraid you have it all wrongd..' And then, Warchief shows him his secret weapon - a Mogu device that allows him to control those that are possesed by Sha. He uses it allowing him to take control over Vol'Jin. Vol'Jin falls to the ground in pain, electricyty shoots from the device incapacitating him.
    'Really, Did you think I'd keep a savage like you close to me without some kind of insurance policy' - he electrocutes the troll once again.
    'Clearly you are my greatest failure. Now.. At long last.. you.. will.. DIE!.."

    Suddenly Thrall appears behind Garrosh throwing him away from the device.

    'CHANGE OF PLANS' - soothing but pissed Metzen's voice trembles in our ears.

    He then smacks his hammer onto the ground and throws it at Garrosh.. He misses but manages to hit and destroy the Mogu device. Vol'Jin, free from Garrosh stabs him with his daggers pinning him to the wall.

    'ya can neva suffer enough Mon, for all the lives ya ruined, Warchief'
    'I've.. Made you into the monster Vol'Jin,..'
    'Ya've made us all into monsters' - then he puts his hand on the Warchief's face and infuses him with sha energy which explodes killing Garrosh and half of the room.
    Vol'jin stands at the edge of the exploded room staring into the distance.. Sha essence pours from him formin a wing-like things on his back.. Thrall joins him, stands beside and looks into nothingness..
    'Thank ya, Thrall' - Vol'jin slowly looks at Thrall - 'For everything'. Then he flies on his sha wings into the air looking sadly at Thrall
    'My pleasure, old friend'. - We see Vol'jin ascending into the air - 'Always was' Thrall speaks to himself still looking at the troll.
    A dramatic overview of the destroyed Orgrimmar from behind Thrall's back. Everything around is destroyed.
    In the meantime Vol'jin flies through the air speaking to himself
    'I now see ma true enemy. He waits for me in Twisting Nether. Wielding powers I cannot imagine. I go to face him, having lost everything. Ma humanity (Trollnity? Trollness?), ma identity, the orc I love, but I will not face this enemy alone. I.. AM.. THE SHA! SARGERAS I'M COMING FOR YA!"

    Completely new idea, never seen before!!
    Alliance version just substitutes Vol'jin with Jaina.. Everything else stays the same :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  3. #123
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    271
    At the end of MoP, I want to see Thrall in Org or Durotar, teaching the orc & troll children and new shaman--accessible, but not in power.

    It'd be fine if he had some major battle scars (i.e., missing a limb or two), but it is too early to kill him off now: the temptation to resurrect him somehow (see also: the Elemental Bonds questline) would be too great. The "Green Jesus" epithet gets thrown around enough as it is. Don't make it worse.

  4. #124
    Ooo, close run thing. Yes, I would like to see him fall - not out of dislike for his character, but because it would make for a great event.

  5. #125
    thrall should not die. he has the balls lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  6. #126
    I love Thrall, but I want him to die. It'll be the perfect motivator for both characters in game AND players. Even some staunch factionists (or whatever you'd call them) horde players would be like "WTF, NOT THRALL!". Hell, even some Alliance players would be like that :x People like Thrall!

  7. #127
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,894
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    By definition, a Mary Sue is an original character inserted into a fan fiction for an existing universe that has powers and exhibits feats that do not mesh well with the nature of that universe and typically they romance a lead, known character of that universe.
    Actually, it's not. The definition you are using has been inflated by people like yourself, not those you are complaining about.

    The original term "Mary Sue" meant nothing more than an author inserting a character that represented them personally.

    He isn't a Mary Sue. He doesn't meet the requirements of those terms.
    What definition are you using again? Because it sounds like you, and people who are yelling Thrall isn't one, are making up their own.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-28 at 10:08 PM.

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I love Thrall, but I want him to die. It'll be the perfect motivator for both characters in game AND players. Even some staunch factionists (or whatever you'd call them) horde players would be like "WTF, NOT THRALL!". Hell, even some Alliance players would be like that :x People like Thrall!
    That's a horrible reason to want someone to die. Do you want your friends to die because you like them?

  9. #129
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,894
    Its a game.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He isn't a Mary Sue. He doesn't meet the requirements of those terms. He has flaws thus he is not a Mary Sue as you imply. That's the end of it. We don't really need to derail this into another Thrall is bad thread. He is not a Mary Sue GET OVER IT.



    Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean it's a Mary Sue and meets it's definitions in your own biased mind.
    Again: I believe you're right, but not because of your argument. Thrall indeed has very little flaws. If any flaws at all. His only mistake ever was putting Garrosh in charge, and being neglectful towards the Warsong Clan. That's pretty much it. His personality is pretty much flawless.

    However, that is NOT what a Mary Sue is about. A Mary Sue is about self-actualization. It's about the author describing their perfect self. The author injecting themselves into the story as a character, and making themselves perfect. That is a Mary Sue. I don't think Metzen intended Thrall to be a self-actualization fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    *SNIP*
    Wow; that's original! I don't think I've ever seen that before!
    Ahem.

    Anyway; I giggled.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-03-28 at 09:17 PM.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Possible spoiler warning!!!!

    I suppose that he'll go to Orgrimmar alone (like the new sound files from upcoming patch indicates). There he'll be captured and everyone will think he died. Garrosh will even announce that he's been killed after swift interrogation. That will piss off Vol'Jin (who was waiting for him in a zeppelin parked nearby). He will rally all that are opposed to Garrosh and will launch a great attack on the Orgrimmar. Unfortunately, to have the strength to deal with the Warchief, he'll have to turn to the Sha (the 7th unnamed one) to aid him.
    He and his sha-infused trolls pour through the Orgrimmar killing all orcs on sight, Blood Elves and Taurens aid them - though both Baine and Lorthemar don't really feel safe around 'new' Vol'jin. Going through the city Vol'jin encounters Saurfang who stands in his way, because simply killing Garrosh in a blood crazed revange is not right to him. He believes Garrosh should be brought to justice instead before all leaders, thrown into the prison, but spared his life. He tries to stop Vol'jin but is defeated. He's gravely wounded and about to die.

    'Vol'jin.. you listen to me. I have 3 zeppelins full of refugee orcs too injured to pose a threat to you. Husbands.. Fathers.. You listen. Let those zeppelins go. You hear me..'..
    We hear orc yelling in the background 'WE"RE SURROUNDED.. THERE"S NO WAY OUT!".. Vol'jin looks with cold eyes, not saying anything.

    'YOU BASTARD! You're not even a troll anymore! you betrayed us all.. For what? Petty revange? How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die? What if Thrall could see you right now?'.. Vol'jin kills him with just his mind, without a word. Saurfangs axe fells from his dead hand. Orc in the background yell:
    'OVERLORD! WE'RE SURROUNDED! WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!'.. Vol'jin closes his eyes connecting mentally to other sha-touched trolls. 'OVERLORD! THE TROLLS PULLED BACK! IT'S A MIRACLE! WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT! OVERLORD? OVERLORD?

    In Orgrimmar, Vol'jin finds Thrall trapped in Ragefire Chasm. He's shocked to see his friend fall into the sha-infusion turning himself into troll-like abomination.

    'No'.. he weeps.
    'I had to get ya out, mon' - Vol'jin is clearly sad, knowing he let Thrall down.
    'What have you done?'
    'What I had to..'
    'Tell that to Saurfang! Tell that to all those you've butchered!'
    'Ya sworn to kill all the sha' - he hands Thrall a blade - 'Ya were the only one who stood by my, do ya still believe in me?"..
    Thrall closes his eyes and throws the knife on the ground.. He's shocked at what Vol'Jin did to himself.. He leaves the room saying short 'we're done' and leaving sad troll behind. The siege continues and Vol'Jin eventually gets to Garrosh. He enters the room, Garrosh sits on his Throne

    'Oh, Hello Vol'Jin. I've been waiting for you'.
    'Ima surprised ya didn't try to escape Mon.' He replies approaching Warchief,
    'Escape? Ooh, hahaha, old friend, I'm afraid you have it all wrongd..' And then, Warchief shows him his secret weapon - a Mogu device that allows him to control those that are possesed by Sha. He uses it allowing him to take control over Vol'Jin. Vol'Jin falls to the ground in pain, electricyty shoots from the device incapacitating him.
    'Really, Did you think I'd keep a savage like you close to me without some kind of insurance policy' - he electrocutes the troll once again.
    'Clearly you are my greatest failure. Now.. At long last.. you.. will.. DIE!.."

    Suddenly Thrall appears behind Garrosh throwing him away from the device.

    'CHANGE OF PLANS' - soothing but pissed Metzen's voice trembles in our ears.

    He then smacks his hammer onto the ground and throws it at Garrosh.. He misses but manages to hit and destroy the Mogu device. Vol'Jin, free from Garrosh stabs him with his daggers pinning him to the wall.

    'ya can neva suffer enough Mon, for all the lives ya ruined, Warchief'
    'I've.. Made you into the monster Vol'Jin,..'
    'Ya've made us all into monsters' - then he puts his hand on the Warchief's face and infuses him with sha energy which explodes killing Garrosh and half of the room.
    Vol'jin stands at the edge of the exploded room staring into the distance.. Sha essence pours from him formin a wing-like things on his back.. Thrall joins him, stands beside and looks into nothingness..
    'Thank ya, Thrall' - Vol'jin slowly looks at Thrall - 'For everything'. Then he flies on his sha wings into the air looking sadly at Thrall
    'My pleasure, old friend'. - We see Vol'jin ascending into the air - 'Always was' Thrall speaks to himself still looking at the troll.
    A dramatic overview of the destroyed Orgrimmar from behind Thrall's back. Everything around is destroyed.
    In the meantime Vol'jin flies through the air speaking to himself
    'I now see ma true enemy. He waits for me in Twisting Nether. Wielding powers I cannot imagine. I go to face him, having lost everything. Ma humanity (Trollnity? Trollness?), ma identity, the orc I love, but I will not face this enemy alone. I.. AM.. THE SHA! SARGERAS I'M COMING FOR YA!"

    Completely new idea, never seen before!!
    Alliance version just substitutes Vol'jin with Jaina.. Everything else stays the same :P
    That was AMAZINGGG!!!11 Dude ! I really like your thinking, I mean you should go and write a book or something because that was awesome! and I had fun reading it all!

  12. #132
    I don't particuraly 'want' him to die but do think that good things could come of him sacrificing himself for the greater good in 5.4
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  13. #133
    Here's what I personally prefer..

    Helping us getting rid of Garrosh, and then admit his mistakes in front all the other leaders (I feel he should take some of the blame). After that it's probably better for him to give leadership to Vol'jin, leaving only to take care of Aggra and his son, while offering guidance to any Horde that seeks it.

    I really hope he won't die.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •