Poll: Should Thrall die in 5.3/5.4?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like thrall, I admit story wise would open up lots of possibilities were he to die, but I'd like to see him live out his days happily into old age =)

Baby thrall needs a daddy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Incoming Thrassk about why we're all wrong and stupid for wanting Thrall to go away.

I wouldn't want him dead to "enrage" the Horde. But perhaps to show how far Garrosh has fallen. How far down the rabbit hole he was willing to go to prove he was a "good" leader.
    This. And because, as a previous poster said, a new, non-Thrall leader would give the orcs a chance to prove they don't need a babysitter raised by humans to keep them from being evil and destructive.

Plus, I think it's possible that if the Horde ends up led by someone who is neither an orc nor Forsaken, there's a greater chance at some intelligent conflict in the future and not 'hey, the world is about to end, but instead of worrying about that, KILL TEH ALLIANCE!'
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder at how little literature.. or, hell, even movies people have read/seen when a hero saying "Carry on, Even if I do not come back, Old Friend!" is taken as "I go to die, definetly and with no other option available but death.".

Thrall is just being dramatic, chill. He isn't going to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Dont want him to die as he is my favourite character since Wacraft III (even I played alliance side for 4 years up to wotlk).
    This is kinda my feeling, Thrall remains my favorite character since WC3 and Lord of the Clans. Now if he is exiled or something like that I wouldn't mind it, he most certainly should not become Warchief again. Maybe we should ship him off to Draenor so he can try and fix that shit that the Legion messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stupid poll forced me to vote for B)

Why would I want a good character to die, when not only is he a good character, but he should be the Warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's not a Mary Sue. Med'an is.
    The most basic definition of a Mary Sue is an idealized author representative character.

That would be Metzen.

I could go into how Thrall can do no wrong and how amazing he is in everything he is, and how he breaks every single mold of Orcs before Warcraft 3, but I dont even need to go that far or that much of the extended definition of a Mary Sue. Just to tickle my fancy, though, I will add in one more criteria for the extended definition of a Mary Sue: idealism or naivete because of idealism.

OT: Thrall doesn't really take that much spotlight as people implied. At least not in the MoP things so far.
    I guess we're just ignoring Thrallaclysm where he literally kamehamehas Deathwing.

Stormrage: Malfurion single handedly fights the Nightmare off and becomes a literal god.
    Wolfheart: Varian becomes a super saiyan.
    Night of the Dragon: Krasus commands a raptor army.
    Did...did you actually read Wolfheart? That doesn't happen to Varian.

Wolfheart: Malfurion is kind of the damsel in distress in this book. Ass kicked by Maiev a few times.
    War of the Ancients: Krasus is relegated to little more than a narrator.
    Stormrage: Most characters fall to the Nightmare without a hint of their awesome powers.
    Thrall TotA: Thrall is a total wimp in this book. Even at the end he's little more than motivational speaker. He's not even a very good Shaman.
    Malfurion being captured is for the sole purpose that at this point in the lore, he is so powerful that he needs to be incapacitated or somehow severely weakened (Like Krasus is in Night of the Dragon), or they break the story with how absurdly powerful they are.

And you're really going to try and argue that Thrall is a "total wimp?" He literally saves, what, at least 2 of the Aspects and leads them into doing their Captain Planet spell to become super amazing. He's not a good Shaman? What are you using to argue this? The beginning chapter where he falters because of the plot device when he is channeling the Maelstrom? The fact is, until us as the players complete the Deepholm zone, Thrall is only one of 3-4 Shaman who are preventing the world from collapsing.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-28 at 02:28 PM.

I guess we're just ignoring Thrallaclysm where he literally kamehamehas Deathwing.
    Yeah he was almost as annoying as Super Saiyan Tirion Fordring. Still no real reason to want him dead, at least his misjudgement of Garrosh led to some pretty interesting developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah he was almost as annoying as Super Saiyan Tirion Fordring.
    I'd say more, Tirion didn'thave a quest dedicated to fixing him because he's "The Chosen One!"
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'd say more, Tirion didn'thave a quest dedicated to fixing him because he's "The Chosen One!"
    Tirion had this morally superior attitude to cover for that, for me that makes him worse, but each has their own preferences I guess.

I want him to die because I'm sick of Chris Metzen's voice already...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really that which bothers me so much. As I mentioned earlier it's how he shifted those around him to benefit his story with Fandral being the best example of this.
    A guy who has for essentially a thousand years held a special loathing for the Dragonflights and also Malfurion. Having spent the last few of these poisoning Malfurion as well and then finally allying with Ragnaros out of rage for Malfurion after the loss of more of his family.

So with all of his most loathed characters in one spot and with the power to enact his vengeance he decides to attack.......Thrall.

But to reaffirm my position, I'm impartial to whether he lives or dies. So long as he's not Warchief.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-28 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It's not really that which bothers me so much. As I mentioned earlier it's how he shifted those around him to benefit his story with Fandral being the best example of this.
    A guy who has for essentially a thousand years held a special loathing for the Dragonflights and also Malfurion. Having spent the last few of these poisoning Malfurion as well and then finally allying with Ragnaros out of rage for Malfurion after the loss of more of his family.

So with all of his most loathed characters in one spot and with the power to enact his vengeance he decides to attack.......Thrall.

But to reaffirm my position, I'm impartial to whether he lives or dies. So long as he's not Warchief.
    The reason he attacks Thrall is from commands from Ragnaros, Ragnaros served under Deathwing and Deathwing knew of some kind of prophecy that said that Thrall would kill him. Fandral was at this point nothing more than a tool for Ragnaros, and if Fandral acted otherwise than Ragnaros commanded him to, he'd probably have his head blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Tirion had this morally superior attitude to cover for that, for me that makes him worse, but each has their own preferences I guess.
    Yeah, Tirion was a lot worse than Thrall, because while Thrall needed to be cured of doubt, rage, etc, Tirion was always perfect, and he always beat the shit out of LK. It was so humiliating to watch how this old man who had previously only saved an Orc, ordered you to kill 40 bats and have his son die kicked one of the most anticipated characters in lore's ass, and he did so right 'till the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this shows is the fickle nature of the mmochamp community, since a few months before someone made another thread the same and it had differing opinions there too.

If the greatest franchises like starwars, lord of the rings, Harry potter (yes it was a good series) and others followed what the mulling fans pined for, they all would have gone down the crapper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The reason he attacks Thrall is from commands from Ragnaros, Ragnaros served under Deathwing and Deathwing knew of some kind of prophecy that said that Thrall would kill him. Fandral was at this point nothing more than a tool for Ragnaros, and if Fandral acted otherwise than Ragnaros commanded him to, he'd probably have his head blown up.
    That's the point though. Fandral's role and characterisation in the story changed because of Thrall. Rather than be the anti Malfurion as his entire story had set him to be he's there to kill Thrall. Then he inexplicably leaves Malfurion for no good reason. He became a plot device to give Thrall the Elemental Bonds questline.

Fandral vs Malfurion was a story that had been going on since Fandral came to be in WoW. All of his actions had been there to build this atmosphere of almost distrust and arrogance around the Night Elf Druids. He was a major part in their storyline and is perhaps one of the only good Night Elf heroes players got since WC3. But rather than continue his story in a meaningful way that continued the trend of his madness and Druidism he gets sucked into Thralls story.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-28 at 04:06 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh should have finished him off in their duel.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    All this shows is the fickle nature of the mmochamp community, since a few months before someone made another thread the same and it had differing opinions there too.

If the greatest franchises like starwars, lord of the rings, Harry potter (yes it was a good series) and others followed what the mulling fans pined for, they all would have gone down the crapper.
    Ah, there you are at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    That's the point though. Fandral's role and characterisation in the story changed because of Thrall. Rather than be the anti Malfurion as his entire story had set him to be he's there to kill Thrall. Then he inexplicably leaves Malfurion for no good reason. He became a plot device to give Thrall the Elemental Bonds questline.

Fandral vs Malfurion was a story that had been going on since Fandral came to be in WoW. All of his actions had been there to build this atmosphere of almost distrust and arrogance around the Night Elf Druids. He was a major part in their storyline and is perhaps one of the only good Night Elf heroes players got since WC3. But rather than continue his story in a meaningful way that continued the trend of his madness and Druidism he gets sucked into Thralls story.
    Yeah, it was bullshit, but then again, it was in Cataclysm, everything in that expansion was bullshit. If anything, Fandral becoming a plot device is one of the lesser problems Cataclysm's lore had, and that says a lot.

Live or die, it makes no difference to me at this point. Just as long as he doesn't continue as the rag-toting shaman of peace, Go'el.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Holy crap it's literally split 50/50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.