Poll: Should Thrall die in 5.3/5.4?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Holy crap it's literally split 50/50.
    Maybe I should vote just to annoy some people .

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It would show how far Garrosh has fallen. It would be a nice surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    id like to see him lead forces against the burning legion in the end of the game but i dont see him lasting that long
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Thrall will never die.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    Not die, but sort of lose ultimate powers in some sort of epic engagement.

Honestly, Garrosh is Thrall's mistake. Everything Thrall worked so hard to build and create both in terms of diplomatic relations as well as physically, Garrosh has torn down or bastardized.

In a way, Thrall's sin is Garrosh. I believe it will be up to Thrall to rectify his mistake... by any means necessary.

It'd be nice to see him die. It would certainly add an element of suffering/loss to the Horde that can galvanize their resurrection in the next expansion. Something akin to, MoP ends with the Horde in complete disarray. The next expansion begins with the Hero trying to bring the Horde together again, and the expansion could be based around rekindling old ties under new leadership.

This could also lead to a side story about the Twilight's Hammer or some other group trying to resurrect Thrall and force to act for their own purposes leading to a raid against the former Warchief himself.

If not... then I'd at least like to see him get severely wounded.

He shouldn't die, but he certainly should help get rid of Garrosh, who at this point is just predictable and terribly cliche.

Thrall helps defeat him, and then leaves the horde to just do his own thing anyhow. I'd be perfectly ok w/ that.

He needs to pay the price of his mistake---while it was a genuine mistake/miscalculation, his picking of Garrosh started the damn fourth war. I'm not sure Thrall should die just because; but he needs to pay a price, and being Warchief or in any political leadership position again isn't it.

But a true Loktar'Ogar ending will be the best. Voted, yes, DIE!!!! >

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Option 3: He should not die, but live his life normal with his family, away from war and political conflict.
    Such a rare fate for a hero. Thrall could never turn his back to what Hellscream is doing.

I think it would really give the story a lot of believability if he did die. It takes something big to move people against their leader, that certainly would do it, plus when I fight Garrosh, I want to really hate him.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-03-28 at 05:30 PM.

Thrall should die, simply because it would be brilliant from a story telling perspective. Garrosh killing the hero that defeated Deathwing? That would definitely make him a threat worthy of a final boss fight.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    Such a rare fate for a hero. Thrall could never turn his back to what Hellscream is doing.
    Pretty boring. Would be much mor realistic if he abandoned everything to focus on the elements and his family out in Nagrand or something. He could have a little hut by the water.

This is a terrible poll. I voted do not want him to die, but I in no way, shape, or form want him to return to being the leader. He needs to fade away into anonymity so that we don't have him mary sueing all over the story. Give him time to be forgotten so that he can have something meaningful happen down the road.

If he's going to be a hero, I'd rather him make a meaningful sacrifice to the story rather than serve as cannon fodder to incite a raid instance. That would be lame.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shivala View Post
    Garrosh killing the hero that defeated Deathwing? .
    I think there would be at least 25 other people in my raid group that would need to die before he claimed something so bold.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, please. Tired of that babysitter.

I think there would be at least 25 other people in my raid group that would need to die before he claimed something so bold.
    You guys merely distracted his toenails! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shivala View Post
    Thrall should die, simply because it would be brilliant from a story telling perspective. Garrosh killing the hero that defeated Deathwing? That would definitely make him a threat worthy of a final boss fight.
    I agree but what I suspect will happen is that Blizzard will tell us that Garrosh was under the effects of the Seventh Sha or something (Sha of Pride) and the mogu/sha were the ones really responsible for Garrosh's behavior. My expectations are pretty low.

Maybe Thrall dies. I could see something like that written in, something of that magnitude might ease off the faction warfare a bit in order to start building the backstory for the new expansion.

Thrall will help bring down Garrosh, but he won't want himself to ever be Warchief again after non-deliberetly shaping what the Horde is now. He'll probably pick Vol'Jin, but still, I've brought up this point before in other threads, but Vol'jin, who will probably-most likely be the one to actually kill Garrosh in the end, can't become Warchief after overthrowing the Orc's leader, killing a bunch of orc soldiers, and expecting everyone to just be OK with the usurper taking the mantle. That's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I'm torn on this issue. I like Thrall, but it would be impressive story-telling on Blizzard's part and very tragic. Thrall wished to know his parents and now his son will never know his father. Ugh... difficult.
    Knowing Metzen - he'd call it "poetic" and "Symbolic"...

I call it "retelling the same tale over and over again". :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Holy crap it's literally split 50/50.
    Really depends on how many dummy accounts Trassk is creating just to keep the "no" side up. :P

Garrosh's majiks run amok and Thrall becomes the Sha of Pride and we get to pewpew both of them to death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hell no. Can you imagine aggra lamenting and mourning his death ? Our ears would bleed rivers !!! Its better to keep him alive. ( Also sue energies contained in thralls body are enough to destroy azeroth 1000 times over).

Deleted
    Death to Thrall!

Why? I really want his bead necklace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree but what I suspect will happen is that Blizzard will tell us that Garrosh was under the effects of the Seventh Sha or something (Sha of Pride) and the mogu/sha were the ones really responsible for Garrosh's behavior. My expectations are pretty low.

Maybe Thrall dies. I could see something like that written in, something of that magnitude might ease off the faction warfare a bit in order to start building the backstory for the new expansion.
    You realize they haven't said that and actually dispute that claim right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi