Thread: positive quotes

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

positive quotes

If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
    - Swami Vivekananda

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.

― Charles Bukowski

Deleted

Since we are posting video games 5:30-5:50

10+ Year Old Account
    “I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”
    ― Robert E. Howard, Queen of the Black Coast
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

You a stupid hoe!

-Nikki Minaj
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer
    He said it but he was quoting the bahava gita. (spelling?)
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The one that makes her own way needs no map

Queen Christina

Deleted
    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    "A pithy quote proves nothing" - Voltaire.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lowly? Nobody refers to the mighty Millhouse Manastorm as lowly!

- Millhouse Manastorm

I consider my sig a very positive quote, - Stephen Roberts
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
    - Derek Bok

10+ Year Old Account
    So one atom says to the other, I think I lost an electron.

The other says, are you sure?

The first replies, I'm positive.

I'll be in the corner.
    Putin khuliyo

"Man alone is born crying, lives complaining, and dies disappointed." - Samuel Johnson

I'm a naturally cynical person alas.

Deleted
    Be whom you are, not what people desire.

Yeah, i'll stop my philosophical career here guys.