Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help with DPS

Just been told by my GM that DPS is currently to low to justify bringing me to heroics, which i agree with. I recently picked up warrior over my pally, just before 5.2 came out. I have been following the rotations suggested by icy-veins and mmo-champion. I do also know that i have stamina gems in place of hit gems, this is only because i was way over hit cap and burst damage was seemingly high on a lot the fights in ToT.

Spec: Fury - SMF atm, Also have 504 Shin and N Starshatter(No upgrades).
    Item Level: 504 equiped. I have Relic as well.
    Expectations: Im not entirely sure on how high DPS i should be doing, but as i am close to the same ilevel as the hunter/rogue in group i would like to hold closer numbers to theres.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ortalis/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/258391/ - I wasn't here this weak apart from the attempts on lei shen.
    Last edited by Apocolips; 2013-03-25 at 05:17 AM.

1) Armory link doesn't work.
    2) Gemming for stam is always wrong, no matter what. No exceptoins.
    3) Icy Veins is bullshit.
    4) Hit enchant on chest should be crit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talis/advanced Armory
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...hul/immortalis Reforging

From a quick look at logs:

9 Colossus Smashes. How do you explain that? It was a 6 minute fight.
    21 Bloodthirsts. If you have so few, how are you generating rage?

In your gear, you should be doing at least 90k if not more. Are you maximizing rage before each CS and then dumping it all in that 6 second window?

Edit: I don't play SMF myself because I lack the weapons, but I'm fairly sure your RB glyph to make WW hit harder is TG-only. Should be using WS instead of WW.

Edit2: Glyph of Shield Wall? What...the...fuck...?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    1) Armory link doesn't work.
    2) Gemming for stam is always wrong, no matter what. No exceptoins.
    3) Icy Veins is bullshit.
    4) Hit enchant on chest should be crit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talis/advanced Armory
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...hul/immortalis Reforging

From a quick look at logs:

9 Colossus Smashes. How do you explain that? It was a 6 minute fight.
    21 Bloodthirsts. If you have so few, how are you generating rage?

In your gear, you should be doing at least 90k if not more. Are you maximizing rage before each CS and then dumping it all in that 6 second window?

Edit: I don't play SMF myself because I lack the weapons, but I'm fairly sure your RB glyph to make WW hit harder is TG-only. Should be using WS instead of WW.

Edit2: Glyph of Shield Wall? What...the...fuck...?
    Thanks for the reply.

Will change gems out for hit again when i log back in.
    Glyph of Shield Wall was for Lei Shen ( Solo soaking static spark).
    The RB glyph was for when i was Titan's Grip ( Got the weapon of N Sha for OH last night before relogging).
    I am maximizing rage and then dumping it all into CS combined with as many RB's as i can (Generally have 2 already then using both + Hope for proc/Berserks rage.
    What fight did you take the CS up-times from? - On lei shen theirs a lot of DPS downtime where you have to simple run around soaking the bouncing waves which would account for the downtime, combined with the boss constantly moving and having to dodge the crashing thunder it is hard to keep melee range.
    As for the two wrong glyphs, what would be better options?

Cheers, Apocolips
    Last edited by Apocolips; 2013-03-25 at 05:19 AM.

Hit cap is the yellow hit cap - so hit rating above the cap still increases your white attack DPS. It's just less of a DPS increase than any of the other stat ratings. Stamina of course doesn't increase your DPS at all. So that's why it's always wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolips View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Will change gems out for hit again when i log back in.
    Glyph of Shield Wall was for Lei Shen ( Solo soaking static spark).
    The RB glyph was for when i was Titan's Grip ( Got the weapon of N Sha for OH last night before relogging).
    I am maximizing rage and then dumping it all into CS combined with as many RB's as i can (Generally have 2 already then using both + Hope for proc/Berserks rage.
    What fight did you take the CS up-times from? - On lei shen theirs a lot of DPS downtime where you have to simple run around soaking the bouncing waves which would account for the downtime, combined with the boss constantly moving and having to dodge the crashing thunder it is hard to keep melee range.
    As for the two wrong glyphs, what would be better options?

Cheers, Apocolips
    You should be getting 3 RBs per CS around 70%+ of the time if managing everything right. You save on RB charge, hit BT, hit CS, hit RB, hit BT, hit RB hit RB and 2-3 HS in there and a heroic leap. You use b.rage if you got really unlucky with crits. Honestly I only remember one time in the past few weeks of raiding where I only had a single RB hit inside a CS phase (b.rage on CD from last time, no crit on CS or either BT.)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You should be getting 3 RBs per CS around 70%+ of the time if managing everything right. You save on RB charge, hit BT, hit CS, hit RB, hit BT, hit RB hit RB and 2-3 HS in there and a heroic leap. You use b.rage if you got really unlucky with crits. Honestly I only remember one time in the past few weeks of raiding where I only had a single RB hit inside a CS phase (b.rage on CD from last time, no crit on CS or either BT.)
    If you look at currently updated gear, im sitting at 21.43% crit chance without buffs, so 26.86 inside raid. I find that i have a few times when my BT fails me sometimes. Is it worth using H Leap glyph still, without the 100% damage boost?

If you look at currently updated gear, im sitting at 21.43% crit chance without buffs, so 26.86 inside raid. I find that i have a few times when my BT fails me sometimes. Is it worth using H Leap glyph still, without the 100% damage boost?
    Heroic Leap still has bonus damage in PvE. The damage was removed for PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Heroic Leap still has bonus damage in PvE. The damage was removed for PvP.
    What? Please show me a source for this, I am pretty sure that's wrong.
    €: Just double checked it ingame, this is wrong. Heroic Leap does not gain any bonus damage in PvE from the glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc34e120ccb4; 2013-03-25 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    That doesn't change that it's not on the GCD, thus giving you free damage, glyph reduces CD on a free extra dps ability, so why should it not be worth it?
    Glyph of Reck might work with a decent gearlvl or maybe in general with Gaze of the Twins/4 piece, Rude Interruption is hardly worth it on most fights, so there isn't much choice outside of the HL glyph anyways, atleast in terms of more DPS.

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry too much about Heroic Leap as a damage source, yes its off the GCD and effectively free damage but it takes time to get used to using it properly and not wrecking your rotation or leaping too far/behind the target wasting swings or your GCD. Not to mention using it properly won't make your damage go from shit to king of DPS, far more gains from gemming/enchanting properly and doing the basics better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    That doesn't change that it's not on the GCD, thus giving you free damage, glyph reduces CD on a free extra dps ability, so why should it not be worth it?
    Glyph of Reck might work with a decent gearlvl or maybe in general with Gaze of the Twins/4 piece, Rude Interruption is hardly worth it on most fights, so there isn't much choice outside of the HL glyph anyways, atleast in terms of more DPS.
    1) On just the first 3 bosses of ToT, Rude Interruption is a dps increase on 2 of them.
    2) Glyph of Reck is worse than ever before. Check EJ and warrior forums on battle.net
    3) Read below. HL is a slight dps increase, less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about Heroic Leap as a damage source, yes its off the GCD and effectively free damage but it takes time to get used to using it properly and not wrecking your rotation or leaping too far/behind the target wasting swings or your GCD. Not to mention using it properly won't make your damage go from shit to king of DPS, far more gains from gemming/enchanting properly and doing the basics better.
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would also help if you got your blacksmithing up higher to add 2 sockets to your gear.

Deleted
    1) On just the first 3 bosses of ToT, Rude Interruption is a dps increase on 2 of them.
    2) Glyph of Reck is worse than ever before. Check EJ and warrior forums on battle.net
    3) Read below. HL is a slight dps increase, less than 1%.

This.
    1. So it is hardly worth it for the majority of fights, just like i said, we got choices for a reason after all.
    2. With a certain gearlvl, Reck will be better, no one said just right now.
    3. A DPS increase is a DPS increase, he asked if the glyph is worth it and it is, period.

3. A DPS increase is a DPS increase, he asked if the glyph is worth it and it is, period.
    Not true. Especially in this case, where attempting it would most likely just lower his dps.

Deleted
    Not true. Especially in this case, where attempting it would most likely just lower his dps.
    ._.

The glyph IS a DPS increase, no matter if there is potential to fuck it up or not.
    If you use Rude Interruption and don't kick anything, does that mean the glyph is also no DPS increase? Jebus.

I really dont like using hl for damage. i find it much more useful for the mobility. there arent many fights where i dont need hl to cover distances

._.

The glyph IS a DPS increase, no matter if there is potential to fuck it up or not.
    If you use Rude Interruption and don't kick anything, does that mean the glyph is also no DPS increase? Jebus.
    Done arguing, seeing as you're not even reading what I say.

On topic: don't bother using Heroic Leap for dps, use it to move out of fire or switch targets when you can't Charge.

Deleted

On topic: don't bother using Heroic Leap for dps, use it to move out of fire or switch targets when you can't Charge.
    That's true, there is no use arguing since you already confirmed it yourself, I just don't get why you concradict yourself.

Just to make sure you know what this was all about.

Worth using? Given the alternatives in most, yes.
    Why? DPS Increase, when used right, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account

Only if you're bad. A good warrior will use it for DPS.

Er, what? If you have the RI glyph and don't interrupt anything then yeah, it's not a DPS increase. What are you talking about?

Also, he's looking for advice on how to improve his DPS significantly for what his gear level is (I haven't looked at the logs), I don't think arguing over HL is the way to go.