Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Didn't it take the combined power of the titans to defeat an old god? If so, I could definitely see how a fully awaken/freed old god is most powerful. Of course, as far as we know, all the old gods are weakened and imprisoned so I can understand why Sargeras is currently regarded as number 1.
    The imprisonment of the Old Gods weakens them, if they get loose then they go back to alpha level nuke form. They have in the past exerted power outside their imprisonment to stunning degrees. There are cracks in the cages that they can whisper out. I think the largest flexing of their power was during the Stormrage book where an old God nurished the nightmare lord into a Nordrassil sized tree that came within a hairs distance of destroying the emerald dream and the living thingd in the real world.

Another note I would make is that in war its the victors who get to write the history books, for all we know the Titans -were- usurpers and the Old Gods were not any different than any other pantheon (with various members being or representing "good" and "bad", usually more "good ones than bad") and that their death and imprisonment is what sent them insane in the first place. Its entirely possible that Elune herself represents a 'good' Old God. All of our historical lore tends to come directly from Titan based discoveries.

Deleted
    I dont understand how there's still a debate on whos more powerful - Titans or Old Gods and who came first.

Titans created Azeroth. Then, from the deep reaches of space, Old Gods came to corrupt their work and recnostruct it acc. their own vision. Seeing that, the titans returned and battled them, ultimately defeating them and imprisoning them in locking cells. The only reason there is to not ultimately desintegrate them is that their death would result in decay of the whole world. Instead, they left it as it was, maybe because they got bored of reconstructing worlds, maybe just to see what happens.

Whos stronger? Titans were back then, no doubt. Were the Old Gods more in number, or it was the other way around? You can only speculate here. Did C'thun defeated a Titan in one-to-one combat? Who really knows? Maybe a pack of Old Gods gang-banged him to bring him down.

Did Sargeras was even a part of all that? No one knows. Dont think of the Titans as a single unit. There may be many groups of Titans working in different sections of the universe, and Sargeras could just didn't even see a Old God in his entire life.

So whos stronger? I bet on Titan in one-to-one combat, out of pure sipathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can kill old gods; the titans killed Y'shaarj (presumably their first kill) and found that he continued to taint the land with the Sha... It's assumed that that's the reason the Titans couldn't kill the other old gods without destroying, or at least, ruining, Azeroth, as they would produce a similar lingering force. I'm certain re-originating Azeroth would have gotten rid of the old gods lickety-split, but they didn't want to do that.

But the Burning Legion really doesn't give half a care if the planet is rendered uninhabitable, or if they have to utterly destroy it.

It's always been kind of vague, but I believe that the demons are just sort of... coalesced chaos energy that forms from the twisting nether. They're just a malefic oddity of the universe, like the old gods.
    The Titans are for re-originating Azeroth if that's what it takes.

Re-originating is like hitting the reset button. All the Old Gods would die, as would anything they leave behind, as well as all life on Azeroth. The planet would literally start over a new.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much misinformation... but I won't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be someone who is stronger than Sargeras.

What about naaru?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    What about naaru?
    They never really mentioned it, how the naruu compare to the Old Gods and The Titans.

by logic of WoW raids there is Old god that corrupted Sargeras and manipulated him to do all he has done.

Sargeras fused with Old Gods...
    But yeah, I don't think we would see a villain Greater and Stronger than Sargeras.

IMO, Sargeras is the most powerful invidual being in physical sense in the great dark beyond but in the end we don't know how strong an old god is or the limit of Sargeras power. If people bother to read my post in previous page about Sargeras and Old gods which was pure fact base on official source then there won't be so much misinformation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    IMO, Sargeras is the most powerful invidual being in physical sense in the great dark beyond but in the end we don't know how strong an old god is or the limit of Sargeras power. If people bother to read my post in previous page about Sargeras and Old gods which was pure fact base on official source then there won't be so much misinformation here.
    Well in Lord of the Rings, Sauron is actually the right-hand man of an even more evil being known as Morgoth, so who knows? Maybe Sargeras is part of something greater...

I hear there being some quote in the Well of Eternity trilogy that if the Old Gods got released, even Sargeras would beg for mercy. So maybe not one Old God, but he wouldn't stand a chance against the lot of them.

concerning the earlier talk of old gods and the burning legion, is it me or is there a severe lack of interaction of plot crossroad crossing between the two in wow canon? atmost we have whispers, like xavious, or when Illidan was at the well of eternity casting a spell that was empowered by a "something" or how he managed to recruit the naga. The naga themselves are the biggest link in the old gods having a hand in legion affairs. as well as Deathwing himself at the time of his betrayal during the legion invasion.

i see no proof of "the legion looking down on the old gods". not even briefest glimse that would suggest such a notion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    concerning the earlier talk of old gods and the burning legion, is it me or is there a severe lack of interaction of plot crossroad crossing between the two in wow canon? atmost we have whispers, like xavious, or when Illidan was at the well of eternity casting a spell that was empowered by a "something" or how he managed to recruit the naga. The naga themselves are the biggest link in the old gods having a hand in legion affairs. as well as Deathwing himself at the time of his betrayal during the legion invasion.

i see no proof of "the legion looking down on the old gods". not even briefest glimse that would suggest such a notion.
    The only real interaction has been the player, incognito and at the behest of the Twilight's Hammer (i.e Old gods,) rooting the demons (burning Legion) out of darkwhisper gorge.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd back the Old Gods as being more powerful individually than any single Titan or Burning Legion member.

No lore, that I know of, ever concretely stated that the battles between the Titans vs old Gods were all 1v1, seems more likely the Titans grouped up and fought the Old Gods seperately. In Ulduar there's at least 1 Titan (Loken) tasked to look after Yogg, I'm not clear on what status the other bosses were in the instance though, and Yogg was basically dead and incarcerated. That many Titans + Algalon tasked with looking after a single Old God points to them being probably more powerful.

If the Old Gods weren't weakened or imprisoned and were allowed free reign across the universe as Sargeras has, Vegas money has it on them to destroy the Pantheon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    I'd back the Old Gods as being more powerful individually than any single Titan or Burning Legion member.

No lore, that I know of, ever concretely stated that the battles between the Titans vs old Gods were all 1v1, seems more likely the Titans grouped up and fought the Old Gods seperately. In Ulduar there's at least 1 Titan (Loken) tasked to look after Yogg, I'm not clear on what status the other bosses were in the instance though, and Yogg was basically dead and incarcerated. That many Titans + Algalon tasked with looking after a single Old God points to them being probably more powerful.

If the Old Gods weren't weakened or imprisoned and were allowed free reign across the universe as Sargeras has, Vegas money has it on them to destroy the Pantheon.
    Loken wasn't a titan, he was simply a watcher.

Anyway, the Old Gods were putzing around Azeroth for quite a long time before the Titans came and beat them down. They didn't seem to endeavor for much more than warring against one another on Azeroth before that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its unlikely that ANY titan is the most powerful being in the universe since the legendary questline implies that the titans were built by something else
    That something else does not have to be more powerful than Saergeras, for instance humans have created things that are a lot more powerful than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So much misinformation... but I won't bother.
    Thanks for sharing. I like how you try and claim people are wrong but cop out so you don't have to actually counter argue anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post

1. We haven't seen any titan. Those are watcher.

2. There's no information at all about how the battle went between the pantheon and old gods so it doesn't seem likely that Old gods were outnumbered. There's in game book called "The Old Gods and the ordering of Azeroth" which ironically stated that the titan seemed to be outnumbered but they defeated Old Gods and Elemental Lords's combined forces anyway.

3. Old Gods weren't weakened when they fought the Pantheon for the first time and they lost. The Pantheon didn't even have Sargeras who was their greatest champion with them. This means that the Old Gods didn't even face the full might of the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something from the Void or worse.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi