Poll: Do you want to see more August Celestial's lore?

10+ Year Old Account

Do you want to see more August Celestial's lore?

Simple: do you want to see more August Celestial's lore?

There are just so many questions.

Were they around when the Mogu enslaved the other races of Pandaria?
    If they were, why didn't they help the slaves?
    If they decided they should let the mortals save themselves, then why did the Celestial's help Golden Lotus at the end of the Golden Lotus story line?
    Why didn't they act against the Mantid before the Sha infected them? They were a blatant threat, trying to break through the wall.

Yes, I'd love to see more lore for them, but the best part is that they are so mysterious, it just makes you guess.

Edit: I'll be gone for 5-6 hours as of this edit. Feel free to keep discussing if yall want to.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-03-28 at 08:46 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

yes, i felt very disappointed by their faction
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind to see what the white tiger has to say about what hellscream does in the vale next patch.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    They are getting some love again next patch apparently, but yes. There was, and still is. Too little about the celestials imo.

Deleted
    Xuen fought and lost against Lei Shen.
    Lemme find the source.

Edit: can't post links, but search 'The Duel of Thunder and Strength' on wowhead

It is said this duel lasted for thirty days and thirty nights, and the emotions of this duel awoke the sha in great force.

But in the end, Xuen fell, crushed by the sheer might of Lei Shen's unearthly power.
    Last edited by mmocd80140052a; 2013-03-28 at 08:54 AM. Reason: source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes, i felt very disappointed by their faction
    Slightly Off-Topic: I would've liked that the faction had like 4 tabards, 1 for each Celestial, with different designs and stuff. The current one looks nice, though.

Edit: Ok, I'll be gone for maybe 5-6 hours.

August Celestials? Oh, right, Dragon Aspects 2.0

Sure, why not.

How about NO!
    Very underdeveloped and I don't give a crap about them.

I honestly think they should have made Tortos a 5th Celestial, kidnapped by the Mogu, and having his power drawn from him.

I can't remember where it was, but someone made a huge chart about why it made sense. Chinese Zodiac wise, element wise, etc.

But yea. It bothers me. If they're so all powerful, what was their relationship with the Mogu when they enslaved the Pandaren?

Are those the weak animal aspects that try to pretend they are Gods but can't even kill a few mantids? No, I don't need more lore about those. They pretend to be all powerful and important, but they are weak, small and insignificant. I was glad to be done with that rep.

Deleted
    Not especially, but i wouldn't be unhappy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, Grummle's have more lore and spot-lights shining at them than the Celestials.

And, also. I find it funny how all 4 of the Celestial's seals broke when we landed on Pandaria. Surely the Mantid, Mogu (people say they fight with Pride, and that the 7th Sha will be pride), and Yaungol's constant raiding and bickering would've caused the sha to break completely free before we landed.

Surely the Celestial's would have been strong enough to hold the Sha in place. Well, I guess you can give Yu'lon a free-pass, seeing as she was at the end of her cycle when we arrived, so she may have been weaker.

In fact, all the Celestial's seemed really loose minded. Chi-Ji is kinda absent minded, he arrived late at the end of the Golden Lotus story. Yu'lon can presumed to be weakened at the time of the Sha's escape. Xuen is busy with his tourney's. And Niuzao just seems to be careless and thick-skulled. I mean, he's a celestial being, yet apparently he needs to eat to stop running around and being a moron. >.>

But that's the way I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i don't care about pandaria lore because of 5.3 infos and upcoming fight against garrosh regin

Yes, I would love to have more lore of the 4 Celestials. Hell I want more of everything on Pandaria, it is my favorite place (story wise and looks).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I agree there needs to be more Lore around this faction but also another thing bothers me.

Shado-Pan you hit exaulted, and Do a epic end quest
    Klaxxi You hit exaulted do a Epic and saddening end quest and learn more about them
    Golden Lotus Again hit exaulted and have a End quest

But August Celestial? They have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinxe View Post
    Xuen fought and lost against Lei Shen.
    Lemme find the source.

Edit: can't post links, but search 'The Duel of Thunder and Strength' on wowhead
    I didn't know that, that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Anyways, the more Pandaria lore the better, it has had by far the best lore of any expansion thus far, first time where I feel that one of the reasons I play is because I need to see how the expansion unfolds. I was a little dissapointed in the August Celestials faction too, sure the Red Crane parts were pretty cool, but that was the only part which had a storyline, I'd have liked to see that with the other 3 too.

I REALLY hope they will stay relevent after this xpack. But I doubt it. I just love Yu'lon!
    I expect that the monk will be just like the Death Knight, just forgotten

Deleted
    They seem to have a lot of potential, so yes, I would like to see more of their lore!