1. #1

    Tier 15 set bonuses

    How good are they? The 2 piece bonus seems to be an insignificant dps increase, and the 4 set is just the ol "Here's more damage. Have fun!"

  2. #2
    2 set seems to be an extra chaos bolt per dark soul for destro. Gives us more burst and could get us a 3rd chaos bolt in our first dark soul.

  3. #3
    I think that OP was reffering to affliction setbonuses, not destruction. I must say that they dont sound that attractive on paper, especially 2p. But you'd better ask that question in affliction thread. I'm sure the guys over there have done the math long time ago.

  4. #4
    Without the 2p, you need 3 haunts to cover the entire duration of Dark Soul. Add in a SB:SS and you need all 4 soul shards to really reap the benefits of DS.
    With the 2p, you need 2 haunts to cover DS. With SB:SS, that's only 3 soul shards.

    It basically gives you an extra soul shard every two minutes, and allows some room for error (not watching your soul shards like a hawk before DS comes off CD) or RNG (sometimes you just get those unlucky streaks).

  5. #5
    It just seems so week, it would be funny if Affliction BiS didn't even include Tier. As in Thunderforged heroic gear > regular Heroic Tier crap. I wonder..
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    Without the 2p, you need 3 haunts to cover the entire duration of Dark Soul. Add in a SB:SS and you need all 4 soul shards to really reap the benefits of DS.
    With the 2p, you need 2 haunts to cover DS. With SB:SS, that's only 3 soul shards.

    It basically gives you an extra soul shard every two minutes, and allows some room for error (not watching your soul shards like a hawk before DS comes off CD) or RNG (sometimes you just get those unlucky streaks).
    The problem being, as you say - it's only saving your bacon under bad planning or bad RNG, or saving you shards to use out of DS, which is usually our weakest benefit from haunt unless a lot of procs line up.

    Additionally, the bonus is completely useless on fights where we're using shards for heavy SB:SSing over haunt, and I imagine it's garbage in execute range.

    Originally people were looking at it as a way of artificially nerfing affliction compared to the other two specs, but I'm not convinced it needs it anymore - so I'll probably consider it just a crap set bonus.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The problem being, as you say - it's only saving your bacon under bad planning or bad RNG, or saving you shards to use out of DS, which is usually our weakest benefit from haunt unless a lot of procs line up.

    Additionally, the bonus is completely useless on fights where we're using shards for heavy SB:SSing over haunt, and I imagine it's garbage in execute range.

    Originally people were looking at it as a way of artificially nerfing affliction compared to the other two specs, but I'm not convinced it needs it anymore - so I'll probably consider it just a crap set bonus.
    +1. Totally agree

    (is this spam..?)

  8. #8
    The T14 4pc was so incredible, it would be hard to top it. Not all of our set bonuses can always be so powerful.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    +1. Totally agree

    (is this spam..?)
    It is, don't do it again. If you agree with someone and want to show it, that's fine, but you need to have some input of your own on the topic.

    If we allowed posting like that in general we'd get some topics with pages full of people just quoting someone and going +1/^this/Agreed etc. etc. making it hard to find people with actual contributions on the topic.

    It doesn't need to be a 5 paragraph essay, but some explanation about why you agree is needed.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    The T14 4pc was so incredible, it would be hard to top it. Not all of our set bonuses can always be so powerful.
    It really wasn't THAT good.
    On topic I think the new 4set is boring and a minor increase (for affliction anyway), while the 2set is quite a nice QOL bonus. Not having to cancel your drain soul / malefic grasp to refresh Haunt all the time while DS is up is kinda handy. It's not a huge dps increase, but it does make DS feel more controlled and less OMFGOFMGOMFGBUFFACTIVENUUUKEHAUNTOMFGREFRESHNUUKEOMGHAUNT.. if you know what I mean?

  11. #11
    If i'm honest the t14 4set just felt clunky to me, i felt as if i didn't ever have enough shards to spend on both dark soul and other int procs around the clock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •