Poll: My opinion on Heirlooms is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solution to the Heirloom problem

I enjoy using heirlooms for my alts, but would really like to be able to use them on other characters on different realms within the same Battle.net Account. Since there are limitations with the in-game mail system, perhaps a different approach is needed.

What they should do is make vendor purchases account wide so if you buy an heirloom on one character, it "unlocks" for all other characters linked to that account. Therefore, a newly created character can simply buy whatever heirlooms have already been bought on one character linked to the account already. Each item that has been bought can have an "already unlocked" tool tip so you can easily remember which you have unlocked. This takes away the "transferring by mail" problem and places less stress on the email system.

In order to implement this system, they should make the following changes:
    1) Make ALL heirlooms purchasable using gold
    2) Change ALL heirlooms to 1-85 without the need to upgrade
    3) Place Heirloom Vendors in a more obvious, easily-accessible location
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    I enjoy using heirlooms for my alts, but would really like to be able to use them on other characters on different realms within the same Battle.net Account. Since there are limitations with the in-game mail system, perhaps a different approach is needed.

What they should do is make vendor purchases account wide so if you buy an heirloom on one character, it "unlocks" for all other characters linked to that account. Therefore, a newly created character can simply buy whatever heirlooms have already been bought on one character linked to the account already. Each item that has been bought can have an "already unlocked" tool tip so you can easily remember which you have unlocked. This takes away the "transferring by mail" problem and places less stress on the email system.

In order to implement this system, they should make the following changes:
    1) Make ALL heirlooms purchasable using gold
    2) Change ALL heirlooms to 1-85 without the need to upgrade
    3) Place Heirloom Vendors in a more obvious, easily-accessible location
    I can honestly only agree with you, while active on 2 realms I never really had the motivation to grind the heirlooms on that one realm.

Deleted
    I like this idea very much. It's a real shame for people who are stuck on dying realms that they can't reroll on other realms with their heirlooms - you'd almost think blizzard are trying to make them to pay to move servers... They're not willing to do anything about dead realms, and aren't willing to provide a solution to support people resorting to rerolling elsewhere.

I'd rather see heirlooms removed altogether and replaced with some kind of buff item that was account wide. Either solution is obviously doable though, the question is why it's not being done.

Your under the impression that heirlooms are needed to level your character, which kind of isn't true.

Blizzard balances the leveling experience without heirlooms and other bonus XP buffs. The XP buffs are nothing more then bonus which acts like a small gold sink (or in some cases justice points).

And really stress on the ingame mail argument? How the hell did you come up with that......

Not having heirlooms on a different realm is annoying but not game-breaking in any way. If you want to level faster then just take 2 gathering profs and just buy them with the gold your making

10+ Year Old Account
    I always love threads like this.

"Solution to the this'n'that problem." "My idea to solve the such'n'so problem" "Why dont we adress the andsoforth problem like this?"

I wasn't aware these topics deserved to be called 'problems'.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I always love threads like this.

"Solution to the this'n'that problem." "My idea to solve the such'n'so problem" "Why dont we adress the andsoforth problem like this?"

I wasn't aware these topics deserved to be called 'problems'.
    Just because it is not a problem for you does not mean that others agree with your perception.

Back on topic this and other systems have been suggested since the introduction of Heirlooms almost four and half years ago. I think it is safe to say that if Blizzard have not implemented a way to access Heirlooms on other realms in that period of time they are simply not interested in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Just because it is not a problem for you does not mean that others agree with your perception.
    Thing is, that works both ways, and the title works under the assumption that the OP's opinion ("it is a problem") is a universally agreed-upon fact. That's what I'm chuckling at.

Just the way it's presented, really.

Blizzard has said that it will take a lot of work to make it available on other realms. I'm sure why. All I know is there are times where sometimes you just feel like making a new character on a new server and it sure would come in handy to be able to use heirlooms. Leveling a character is easy, but with all the xp gains, it would go by much faster, which is why people use heirloom gear in the first place. What they need to do it change the gear to say "bind on realm", because the gear is certainly not "bind on account". lol. One day hopefully.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the problem here? The reduced Exp for levelling makes it stupidly fast, too fast even, to level, I recentely restarted on another realm, I'm level 40 now, i also brought some Heirlooms from the guild vendor for the latter levels, I also have Mining/Skinning, yet even without the Heirlooms i find myself having to skip half the quests in each zone, and i have to stick around to level my professions, as I'm levelling too fast already

I understand some people seem to hate levelling with a passion, But it really is fast, and you can still get heirlooms so there really is no "problem" that needs solving, Saying that, it would be good to implement something for those that seem to be unable to level because they can't turn 90 almost instantly, The way they used to send mounts/pets to each new toon regardless of realm, But there is a lot of things that would need to be factored in, and really, i think you should just suck it up lol

Thing is, that works both ways, and the title works under the assumption that the OP's opinion ("it is a problem") is a universally agreed-upon fact. That's what I'm chuckling at.

If you read more than the title of the thread it is quite clear from the OP's post that it is his opinion, much like the majority of the posts on these boards, that being unable to access Heirlooms on other server is a problem. I mean he even says "I enjoy using heirlooms for my alts, but would really like to be able to use them on other characters on different realms within the same Battle.net Account." for the people that get confused about what is an opinion and what is a fact.

I would, also, suggest with the regularity this kind of thread has appeared over the years that many share the OP's opinion.

The most easiest solution would be: after you bought a heirloom, this heirloom will be unlocked sold for free by a vendor in every starting zone and main city. This could be done by a hidden achievement or the same method as they did it with the increase of reputation with factions.

I think that once you have a max lvl toon all your BOA should auto upgrade to give XP to 90 for alts. There should be a inventory Tab in the UI that houses them all as well for people that play on multiple realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added a poll so that we can get an indication of the community's opinion in regards to heirlooms.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The most easiest solution would be: after you bought a heirloom, this heirloom will be unlocked sold for free by a vendor in every starting zone and main city. This could be done by a hidden achievement or the same method as they did it with the increase of reputation with factions.
    This is what I was thinking too, but surely not the solutions to this *problem* of whom you speak Mr. Op.

Plus .. this is the wrong forum to give feedback on this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If you read more than the title of the thread it is quite clear from the OP's post that it is his opinion, much like the majority of the posts on these boards, that being unable to access Heirlooms on other server is a problem. I mean he even says "I enjoy using heirlooms for my alts, but would really like to be able to use them on other characters on different realms within the same Battle.net Account." for the people that get confused about what is an opinion and what is a fact.

I would, also, suggest with the regularity this kind of thread has appeared over the years that many share the OP's opinion.
    The content of the thread doesn't change the fact that the title, which is the eye-catching part that draws people in to respond, gives off an assumptive vibe.

Perhaps I should've stated in my first reply "I love threads with titles like these", maybe that would've been more clear.

I would kill to make heirlooms x-server

I really, really wanna do lowbie twinking to destroy some trial accounts but i cant cause all my looms are on my server and i have 11 toons on my server so i cant create any more toons

15+ Year Old Account
    they should just make a account wide pane, like they did with mounts and pets, all of the heirlooms you've unlocked go into that window, you can then select the items you want, and press a "mail to this character" button, all of the selected heirlooms then appear in your mailbox for you to wear.

Or do it like the D3 stash, where there is another NPC in the bank or with the etherials who you can click on and withdraw the heirlooms from there (you'd need to replace them to use them on other characters (would work with all account bound items)

10+ Year Old Account
    The heirlooms that cost something other than Gold are largely useless due to the huge XP increases and substantial decrease in xp needed per level for the 1-80 experience. Plus Guild Perks, plus rested, etc. etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account

Well the OP is right, because it is a problem.

Heirlooms were originally intended to used account wide, across various realms. However Blizzard keep referring to technical issues being the problem. A problem they cannot or will not fix, for years.

Solution? Remove Heirlooms, replace with Buffs. Buffs surely can be provided across different realms,

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should add an extra tab, like when you open the mount and pet journal, an extra tab should be there called "Heirlooms", which tracks which ones you have already bought, so if you are on an alt on a new server, simply open the tab, click the desired gear and it appears in your bag.