Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    The problem is that it makes RoF the go-to talent for PvE which Blizzard doesn't want.
    I actually have a way to solve this.

Glyph of Frozen Fortitude - Major Glyph

Modifies your Ring of Frost, Ice Ward, and Frostjaw to become defensive abilities, rather than control ones. However, it also increases the cooldowns of all three abilities to 2 minutes.

Ring of Frost - 2m cooldown
    Summons a ring of frost that reduces the damage taken by party and raid members standing in it by X% [20%] for Y seconds [~8s].

Ice Ward - 2m cooldown
    Places a frozen ward on the caster's target that reduces their damage taken by X% [30%] for Y seconds [~10s]. In addition, the target cannot be affected by snares, roots, or knockbacks while protected, but said affects can still be applied to the target.

Frostjaw - 2m cooldown
    Freezes the target's jaw, invoking intense pain that breaks their concentration, causing them to deal X% less damage [-25%] for Y seconds [~4s] or the next Z attacks [3] (whichever comes first, Y seconds or Z attacks).

(Stuff in "[ ]" is just what I feel the variables should be)

So how's that for some defensive abilities? Gives us the choice between a raid cooldown, an external cooldown, or a unique ability that reduces a boss's damage from a specific mechanic!

Turns our useless Tier 3 into an amazing choice! No instant go-to talent and gives us a variety of defensive cooldowns that are all extremely helpful in tons of scenarios. Sure, one of them will be better on specific fights, but that's the point about talents, right?

In addition to that, it also gives us another choice for major glyphs (a near mandatory one, but a choice nonetheless), something that Mages are SEVERELY lacking in (in addition to raid utility)

(If anyone likes this enough to want it to come true, feel free to post it on official forums. I would, but... well... let's just say I don't have posting privs )

Edit: I like how I came up with these on the spot, but damn, giving it some time, I really like what I came up with
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-07 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Was half asleep when I came up with these. So many god damned typos and shit grammar :(
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lolwut, Glyph of Evocation?
    Thats different, Glyph of Evocation was there long before. And as far as I know this should be the only glyph with this property.

can see it being balanced in 10man, but 25man having another 20% raid CD is mad, 25man could probably rotate PERMA raid cds if pures start bringing things like the new smoke bomb -20% damage taken, then its going to become almost mandatory to always have a raid cooldown up, otherwise we'll just save them all for times big damage is coming and laugh how it did no damage cause of all the raid cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    /snip
    Wow, that is a great idea actually. would love to see this happen!

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Glyph of Evocation effects everything in the tree, not a single talent
    wrong, it does NOTHING to incanters ward.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 01:52 AM ----------

on topic tho while I like this idea you basically are looking for smoke bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post

Probably because incanter's ward doesn't replace Evocation, it supplements it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post

It does do something to incanter's ward because incanter's ward is the only one that actually lets you cast the spell "Evocation"

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    can see it being balanced in 10man, but 25man having another 20% raid CD is mad, 25man could probably rotate PERMA raid cds if pures start bringing things like the new smoke bomb -20% damage taken, then its going to become almost mandatory to always have a raid cooldown up, otherwise we'll just save them all for times big damage is coming and laugh how it did no damage cause of all the raid cds.
    Don't 25 mans already do this?

(and not trying to turn this into a 10v25, but 10 was quite overtuned this tier for once )

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    Wow, that is a great idea actually. would love to see this happen!
    *Bows* Thanks!

I figure it's the only way to not make RoF become the go-to talent.

Granted, I'd prefer FJ or IW based on my suggestions. Another raid bubble is boring. This game needs more external and boss-reducing CDs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I actually have a way to solve this.

Glyph of Frozen Fortitude - Major Glyph

Modifies your Ring of Frost, Ice Ward, and Frostjaw to become defensive abilities, rather than control ones. However, it also increases the cooldowns of all three abilities to 2 minutes.

Ring of Frost - 2m cooldown
    Summons a ring of frost that reduces the damage taken by party and raid members standing in it by X% [20%] for Y seconds [~8s].

Ice Ward - 2m cooldown
    Places a frozen ward on the caster's target that reduces their damage taken by X% [30%] for Y seconds [~10s]. In addition, the target cannot be affected by snares, roots, or knockbacks while protected, but said affects can still be applied to the target.

Frostjaw - 2m cooldown
    Freezes the targets jaw, causing intense pain that breaks their concentration, causing them to deal X% less damage [~-25%] for Y seconds [~4s] or the next Z attacks [~3] (whichever comes first, Y seconds or Z attacks).

(Stuff in "[ ]" is just what I feel the variables should be)

So how's that for some defensive abilities? Gives us the choice between a raid cooldown, an external cooldown, or a unique ability that reduces a boss's damage from a specific mechanic!

Turns our useless Tier 3 into an amazing choice! No instant go-to talent and gives us a variety of defensive cooldowns that are all extremely helpful in tons of scenarios. Sure, one of them will be better on specific fights, but that's the point about talents, right?

In addition to that, it also gives us another choice for major glyphs (a near mandatory one, but a choice nonetheless), something that Mages are SEVERELY lacking in (in addition to raid utility)

(If anyone likes this enough to want it to come true, feel free to post it on official forums. I would, but... well... let's just say I don't have posting privs )

Edit: I like how I came up with these on the spot, but damn, giving it some time, I really like what I came up with

Dragon9870. Thanks, I like what you did there with my idea. Along with the Alter Time idea. I think I will head over to Blizzard's Mage forums and post both of those ideas. Thanks for all the input on this thread everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KalarMage View Post
    Dragon9870. Thanks, I like what you did there with my idea. Along with the Alter Time idea. I think I will head over to Blizzard's Mage forums and post both of those ideas. Thanks for all the input on this thread everyone.
    Haha np I honestly came up with it off the top of my head, but it's the only way for that glyph to work so all 3 spells have the same potential in different ways.

PS: Devs don't read Class forums. Put it in Damage Dealing and post the title as "Giving Mages Raid Utility" or something like that to get some blue attention.