Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Y'Sharrj - Old God Raid in 5.4?

After reading the mined progress steps on the Dark Heart of Pandaria, do you think it is possible that the next tier will revolve around Old Gods and the like, a'la Ulduar? If so, I personally hope that they theme the art style and lore around more the traditional Lovecraftian concepts. This current tier seems absolutely awesome (haven't seen most of it), but Ulduar remains my favourite raid, and I hope they can capture the menace that Yogg Saron represented.

Having said this, YS was indeed more central to the lore and plot of WoTLK than any OG has to do with MoP, so I understand nothing of the sort transpires.

Thoughts?

Y'Sharrj is confirmed to be dead already, his last breath being that which caused the Sha. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Yogg-Saron was kind of a side-story to the whole LK thing in WotLK, even if it was by far the best story in the expansion. Y'Shaarj created the Sha, so in a way he has been represented a lot more in this expansion than Yoggy was in WotLK.

But no, 5.4 will be Siege of Orgrimmar, though I'm sure Garrosh is gonna dig something up that he'll regret.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-28 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brosemon View Post
    Y'Sharrj is confirmed to be dead already, his last breath being that which caused the Sha. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    This is correct. Besides the 5.4 raid is confirmed to be Siege of Orgrimmar.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Old Gods don't die, they're merely delayed. Besides that, sound files from 5.3 prove that he's very much out there somewhere, whether it's in the Dark Heart of Pandaria or somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next tier will be the Siege of Orgrimmar, but it would be kinda cool as a surprise boss if Garrosh ended up a vessel for an old god during the fight in Grommash Hold and as the old god bursts into the room, the building collapses giving us the entire valley of strength as an area to fight with. Garrosh dies, his throne room collapses, pretty much his entire legacy would be ruined.

Deleted
    Ouch, I had absolutely no idea! Well yeah, I knew that somewhere in the expansion, midway or towards the close Garrosh would be a boss and a raid, but I had no idea it was siege on the horde capital... mind = blown.

@Huntardicus - Indeed. A lot of extremely powerful and prominent lore characters end up sucking on the proverbial disco biscuits due to Old God corruption. I haven't seen all the datamined stuff, but I still think an Old God appearance of sorts is at least slightly possible.
    Last edited by mmoc699dddf06b; 2013-03-28 at 03:02 PM. Reason: addition

Deleted
    CoT raid incoming then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Old Gods don't die, they're merely delayed. Besides that, sound files from 5.3 prove that he's very much out there somewhere, whether it's in the Dark Heart of Pandaria or somewhere else.
    NOTE: I MAY GIVE SOME SPOILERS, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS DON'T READ!

Yes i know, but the voice that we heard come from Y'sharrj heart, but what we actually hear is the last Sha trapped in his heart, it's as the Emperor said..., the last sha, the one he could never vanquish, he left it in his heart, the sha of pride

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    The next tier will be the Siege of Orgrimmar, but it would be kinda cool as a surprise boss if Garrosh ended up a vessel for an old god during the fight in Grommash Hold and as the old god bursts into the room, the building collapses giving us the entire valley of strength as an area to fight with. Garrosh dies, his throne room collapses, pretty much his entire legacy would be ruined.
    Nah let him be his own villain, every bad guy in the game was either possessed or driven mad by someone/something. The whole corruption theme is kinda overused.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In one of the scenarios for 5.3, we get to fight the shade of Y'sharjj. Much like the Cata dungeon where we fought the shades of different racial leaders such as Baine and Jaina.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yes i know, but the voice that we heard come from Y'sharrj heart, but what we actually hear is the last Sha trapped in his heart, it's as the Emperor said..., the last sha, the one he could never vanquish, he left it in his heart, the sha of pride
    Well, in reality the Sha are Y'Shaarj, they're pretty much his heads, so we have actually fought him, but just in a split state. I for one hope they pull a Captain Planet and combine so we can see the real beast. Preferably without a green mullet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Nah let him be his own villain, every bad guy in the game was either possessed or driven mad by someone/something. The whole corruption theme is kinda overused.
    I wish Garrosh was responsible for his own corruption. As in, he uses whatever he finds in the Dark Heart of Pandaria to control all seven Sha. He infuses himself with that power, turns into an <Avatar of Y'Shaarj> but his lines appear to still be his - even as that monstrous avatar of an Old God, he's still in full control of himself and praises his newfound power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in reality the Sha are Y'Shaarj, they're pretty much his heads, so we have actually fought him, but just in a split state. I for one hope they pull a Captain Planet and combine so we can see the real beast. Preferably without a green mullet.
    I hope so too, if for no reason other than to see the QQ when they reveal the model is Chimaeron with some Sha heads on the ends of his necks.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally doubt we'll face Y'Sharrj in the flesh (or whatever old gods are made of), seeing as how it's been described as "dead dead"

y'sharrj will cause more indirect havoc imo, but seeing as how the sha story is supposedly wrapped up im guessing it will have something to do with the bit of y'sharrj that has just been dug up

old gods CAN die, however it takes some serious titan-themed punishment in order to properly kill them, however us mere mortals can only delay them due to the fact we lack any weapons powerful enough to kill them (excluding re-origination because that would kill us too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, we can see we fight Y'shaarj, one way or another, but in the end, the Sha are not Y'shaarj, they were created by his death, but maybe we would fight the Sha of pride and then he will summon the others Sha and combine and join into Y'shaarj's heart and there we will have another Y'shaarj (in the end it won't be Y'shaarj so it won't have its powers but still is like an avatar of Y'shaarj)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Indeed. If it just turned out that Garrosh was trying to use the Sha because he is indeed the biggest douche on Azeroth rather than being driven mad by the Sha then I think that's a redemption of sorts. Villains are likeable when they are doing it because that's what they love, it would be pretty epic if Blizzard made a point of this and have the Sha manifest and try a hostile take over of Garrosh only for him to be so driven by his own desires that he turns round and bitch slaps it.

Then he would actually be a legitimate badass rather than another ambiguous fallen hero type.

Y'Sharrj is dead, the Sha are its remmants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Indeed. If it just turned out that Garrosh was trying to use the Sha because he is indeed the biggest douche on Azeroth rather than being driven mad by the Sha then I think that's a redemption of sorts. Villains are likeable when they are doing it because that's what they love, it would be pretty epic if Blizzard made a point of this and have the Sha manifest and try a hostile take over of Garrosh only for him to be so driven by his own desires that he turns round and bitch slaps it.

Then he would actually be a legitimate badass rather than another ambiguous fallen hero type.
    Yeah, i really don't want Garrosh to be consumed by the Sha, it would be cool if Garrosh find a way to control the Sha (maybe with Y'sharrj's heart?) and use them to make his army stronger.

Edit: he could use them to control others, like Nazgrim, Riko, etc... (maybe even Thrall )

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

Eh, I'm glad we're gonna kill him cause he is a douche, but I'd love if it was just his own intentions and not madness or corruption or whathaveyou.