2H Frost vs DW Frost playstyles

So is it just me, or do other people find that it's 50x easier to play Frost as DW than it is as 2H, as to maximise 2H DPS, you need to make sure you spend those KM procs on Obliterate, whereas DW spends them on Frost Strike, yet it's ridiculously easier to keep enough RP ready to dump into a KM Frost Strike than it is a KM Obliterate.

Similarly, it's easier for DW to dump Frost runes into Soul Reaper as it's less important to make sure you've got a pair of runes ready for Obliterates.

And finally, it's easier for DW to hold up resources just before a Pillar, as you can bank 75+ RP and get ready to dump it into a heap of runes into more RP, whereas 2H focusing on getting runes up seems harder.

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like out of the two specs, it's a lot easier to play as DW. (Slower play style too I think though, ie. more empty GCDs)
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    The dps increase for holding runes for oblit is marginal and highly debated currently, you're better off ignoring it as 2h. As far as SR, that's a matter of rune management no matter what spec you're playing: BT helps a lot with it if you're really struggling to leave runes up for it every CD.

As for PoF and resource banking that equally comes down to resource management, although as 2h your level of haste has a big impact on that so it depends very much what level of gear you're at as to how easy you will find it to do that.

Finally, DW is generally considered an easier spec to play just because all you have to do is worry about how many HB's you can hit as fast as possible, there's (imo) a little more skill in rune management involved in 2h but I wouldn't by any stretch call either of them desperately complex or challenging to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    The dps increase for holding runes for oblit is marginal and highly debated currently, you're better off ignoring it as 2h. As far as SR, that's a matter of rune management no matter what spec you're playing: BT helps a lot with it if you're really struggling to leave runes up for it every CD.

As for PoF and resource banking that equally comes down to resource management, although as 2h your level of haste has a big impact on that so it depends very much what level of gear you're at as to how easy you will find it to do that.

Finally, DW is generally considered an easier spec to play just because all you have to do is worry about how many HB's you can hit as fast as possible, there's (imo) a little more skill in rune management involved in 2h but I wouldn't by any stretch call either of them desperately complex or challenging to master.
    I'm not saying either of them have anything to manage, it's just that by comparison, DW is ridiculously easy compared to 2H. But yes, both of them are ridiculously easy compared to UH. It's just I finally got a pair of raid level 1H'rs so I got to try DW Frost in MoP.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Whelp, I'm a pretty competitive DW Frost player and I have to say nobody "likes" to hear people think their spec is easy, but I don't think what I am about to say is defensive just what I've noticed. I've also competitively played a Demo Warlock/AffLock as well as a few other toons which hopefully says I'm not doing well just because maybe this is "easy". In any case:

I notice as DW Frost you can get resource capped very quickly, so although maybe simple looking on paper I don't find it "slow" placed rather the opposite...you always need to be spamming HB, FS getting rid of UH runes with DnD or OBL very quickly or you'll find yourself capped or looking at a KM proc for longer than you want to.

^As opposed to 2Hand Frost where you get rid of runes pretty quick 2 at a time more often than DWs 1 at a time...leading to a more relaxed slower pace in my opinion.

Add in Plague Leech to pull you diseases off and re apply in an already face past avoid resource capping style and I think it's pretty engaging...

What I agree with is it is easier to bank runic power and get KM lined up with FS easier in DW and that was an issue I had with 2hand Frost when people were actually debating on the waiting style. I think that's a fault of the damn spec though...but now that the "wait" style has been debunked it is rather a mute point.

I really play DW Frost because you can't beat the free HB Cleave, we do typically have an easier time with SR...but so does Unholy, and it is a highly mobile spec that can transition from SingleTarget to AoE pretty instantly vs Unholy more set up required, and 2 Hand Frost having the 2 rune finish where I prefer the single. If they gave Unholy a bit more quick AoE I think I'd play that for switching stuff up but alas DW frost is just powerfully good, but I don't think it's Easy Peezy, just built very strong.

The hardest part of DW is getting 2 weapons from LFR instead of just 1 for 2H. Otherwise I agree with you. Still, 2h and DW are still very similar. You're just swapping haste and mastery stats and prioritizing either FS or OB for KMs. Yes, if I had to choose, I would gladly take looser Rune use over RP because of easier Pillar management, Soul Reaper and HB cleave.