Thread: Bid problem

Deleted

Bid problem

Why is that whenever I bid on something ( especially with real low timer left ) it keeps saying that my offer is too low and then I check and the offer is exactly what I put ?

A new bot type ?

inb4 ignorants : Suppose this scenario - item at 45k bid , the next bid by default is 47.5k ( random number to give idea ) but I chose like 48.989.
    Still says too low and then I checked and that same bid is the actual bid on the item.

Hope I was clear enough in my messy question .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Then I checked and that same bid is the actual bid on the item.

Someone has already placed a bid in the time it took you to decide what amount to put in, thus raising the minimum bid.

Deleted
    Either im getting stupid or you don't get what I say.

How can the actual bid on the item be exactly the amount I put in the time I chose it ? And it goes on forever.

I bid 48989 .. says its too low and the bid is 48989.

I bid 54444 .. says its too low and the bid is 54444.

And so on .. all this in less than 2 secs.

I don't use the default bids, I put bids myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other issue I can think may be happening is that your mouse may be malfunctioning and it's double clicking when you only click once. Therefor you place a bid but with the second miss-click it tells you you've underbid.

If you're using a Razer mouse they tend to have this problem. If that's the case, you're outbidding yourself. Check your bid history.

Deleted
    I use a normal mouse and the bid is not mine. In the end I don't get the item and I get all the money back.

I just ended an auction in which I bid like 50 times , and everytime I was outbid , my money came back.

And the item was sold at the last price I put.. which in this case was 19k.

You are not thinking of it correctly. It is simple.

ITEM BID= 45000

MY MAX BID= 100,000

YOUR BID= 48988

Untill your bid reaches 101,000 it will update to my max bid automatically. You do not bid for the minimum when sniping you bid the most you would pay for the item, and the AH does the rest. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post

ITEM BID= 45000

MY MAX BID= 100,000

YOUR BID= 48988

Untill your bid reaches 101,000 it will update to my max bid automatically. You do not bid for the minimum when sniping you bid the most you would pay for the item, and the AH does the rest. Hope this helps.
    Hmm , this starts to make sense.

Anything else I should know about it ?

And how do I know whats the min-max bid you put ?

Edit : for max bid you don't mean buyout do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Hmm , this starts to make sense.

Anything else I should know about it ?

And how do I know whats the min-max bid you put ?

Edit : for max bid you don't mean buyout do you ?
    Basically, you can't see what other people put as their max bid. You just have to slowly bid up (or quickly) as they case may be. It is a hidden number what the current leader put down as their max. Buyouts are a different beast entirely.

So in the example, you might have bid 48k ish and the other guy has 100. You have no idea what he bid until you win the auction. So like he said, you need to bid 101k.

If the buyout of the item was 250k, then either of you could take it at anytime, simply by paying 250. Both if you are both trying to get a deal, you'll drive the price up pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyuu View Post
    Basically, you can't see what other people put as their max bid. You just have to slowly bid up (or quickly) as they case may be. It is a hidden number what the current leader put down as their max. Buyouts are a different beast entirely.

So in the example, you might have bid 48k ish and the other guy has 100. You have no idea what he bid until you win the auction. So like he said, you need to bid 101k.

If the buyout of the item was 250k, then either of you could take it at anytime, simply by paying 250. Both if you are both trying to get a deal, you'll drive the price up pretty fast.

Actually it would be 100,001, i made the error in my first popst. But he is right it is a hidden number. Thats why you have to decide what the max YOU would want to pay to get your deal. In other words you should know what the nominal value of an item is, and decide how close do you want to get to that. I let it go to 1 minute by refreshing the page then hit a timer. At about 8-10 secs left put in your max bid. If its upgrades u want, your willing to pay more, if its just something you are trying to make some gold or money on then you wouldnt go as high.

Deleted
    Thanks guys , you completely cleared my doubts.

Have a nice day!

Bidding was changed quite recently - the winner pays whatever the second(!) highest person bid.

Source: Bluepost at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980159448#17