Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ingame Mail With Acc Info.

I just recieved an ingame mail with account information.

I tried one of the four accounts on the list and it worked.

What should I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously report it to Blizzard and never use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what may have happened contact blizz. The likelihood of someone giving you their four accounts after quitting are not very high, someone may have even been mailing them to someone with a similar name to yours. Also, was there any other information in the mails other than account info?

I want to say, log in and steal all their money but really you should contact Blizz and let them know so they can investigate and never log into the accounts lest you get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Grozzle View Post
    Depending on what may have happened contact blizz. The likelihood of someone giving you their four accounts after quitting are not very high, someone may have even been mailing them to someone with a similar name to yours. Also, was there any other information in the mails other than account info?
    IP Addresses and Secret question answers.

This is the letter with details removed - http://imgur.com/lNXpPOV

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he had anything good on his account?
    Much achievements? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Report it to Blizz super fast, when you mentioned IP addresses and secret questions, report it super quick sounds like there could be some serious hacking going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    IP Addresses and Secret question answers.

This is the letter with details removed - http://imgur.com/lNXpPOV
    Absolutely forward that on to Blizzard with a ticket, then delete the message. You do not want that sitting around for anyone to get a hold of. You'd be just as upset as those people would be if this was your account on that list.

Deleted
    Make a note of the details, Phone Blizzard. dont email, or send a ticket as it takes too long, Phone calls are free too.
    sounds and looks like to me someone has had there account/s stolen and the details are being passed to a 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Absolutely forward that on to Blizzard with a ticket, then delete the message. You do not want that sitting around for anyone to get a hold of. You'd be just as upset as those people would be if this was your account on that list.
    You don't think because I logged onto one, I would also be banned? I'm sure they can check and see that I did nothing but I did log onto it all the same and blizzard aren't very logical.

You don't think because I logged onto one, I would also be banned? I'm sure they can check and see that I did nothing but I did log onto it all the same and blizzard aren't very logical.
    Tell them you checked it out but by the looks of the letter....it doesn't seems stolen they know all the secret info such as childhood nick and pets name. Maybe he was just quiting and decided to have a fun last way to go out and send the details to random person. I think you got lucky.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what they'll do, but it's akin to finding 4 keys on the ground to four houses and using one of the keys to enter and look around. Even if you didn't touch anything, it's still trespassing. But I don't know what they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know what they'll do, but it's akin to finding 4 keys on the ground to four houses and using one of the keys to enter and look around. Even if you didn't touch anything, it's still trespassing. But I don't know what they'd do.
    Burn the evidence throw away the keys and "silence" anyone you've told. O.O .... Nah your fine they'll understand just tell them you were checking to make sure it wasn't a joke and when it worked you just logged off and then reported.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

2 days 20 hours to reply to ticket.

Can't call as it's 4am here.

Cool game.

I would for sure try to contact Blizzard ASAP, someone's account is going to get hacked, and it would be best to notify them for sure. Even if you don't them, if might help in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days 20 hours to reply to ticket.

Can't call as it's 4am here.

Cool game.
    They have priorities...usually mentioning it's hacked or compromised bypasses most of that wait time. I've usually gotten a reply within 20 minutes from a GM.

Deleted
    In general you maybe could also send an email to those adresses. Tell them what happened and they should check their computers for keyloggers or anything malicious. And have them get in contact with Blizzard too. You might be rewarded ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    In general you maybe could also send an email to those adresses. Tell them what happened and they should check their computers for keyloggers or anything malicious. And have them get in contact with Blizzard too. You might be rewarded ^^
    That's an excellent suggestion. I'd do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking forward to see how it will end, its a pretty rare situation o.o thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    looking forward to see how it will end, its a pretty rare situation o.o thats for sure
    Totally odd, no way a hacker would IN-GAME mail Account info like that, hackers and scammers stay to things like skype to avoid documentation by blizzard.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!