Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Certainly not more difficult, just more annoying. And on an already long journey (1-90), the last thing you need is more annoying.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much level only through BGs. After I reach level 20 or 30. I delete the character. That's how I roll -- but you could level exclusively to level 85 through BGs if you wanted. No running around zone to zone. Just stand in one spot in SW or Org.

leveling takes to long already, for people lvling to dungeons and then all of a sudden decide to quest, see themselves walking
    a lot, if under 60, to reach theyre lvl zone, and thats bullshit.

the way i see it now, lvling is such a drag, even with xp increase, by the time u reach 90, for powerlevelers, it aint even fun no more.

INcrease xp gain aswell for every lvl 90 on the account by 5 % , makes it interesting, now its just a drag, Without auto fp's even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Certainly not more difficult, just more annoying. And on an already long journey (1-90), the last thing you need is more annoying.
    Basically, especially before you get faster mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I wouldn't call it difficult lol, but it is tedious again. Blizzard's mission with MoP is clearly to put in as many timesinks as they can possibly get away with, to avoid a sub disaster like cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not more difficult. I suppose that I will miss having them light up automatically but it's not something that I'll lose any sleep over. In the larger scheme of things this is not much.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    That's just it, if you are questing in Duskwood and want to go to Ashenvale, the fastest route is to take the FP you have in Darkshire and fly to Stormwind and hop a boat to Darnassus. There are lots of ways to get around in Azeroth without the FPs.
    My way is neither right, nor wrong. But, I have my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours. I just wish Blizz would put some of the RPG back in the MMO. This, in my own personal opinion, is a step in the right direction.
    This is where we seem to disconnect. If people hate flying mounts and they ruin your immersion, I don't understand why you NOT using them isn't an option. If people think Auto Flight points ruin the immersion of the game, they have the option of not using them until they manually reach that flight master. If you hate heirlooms, don't use them. It's very simple to me.

It boils down to Quality of Life issues. I imagine healthy number of people are like me, they don't care for leveling at all, I've never really read the quest text. All I care about is getting it over with. There's very little immersion about this game (to me). CRZ has taken any thing that made the game immeresed and turned it in to a race for first tag(again, my opinion). There's no way I can feel like a hero saving a town, when I have to stand around waiting for mobs to spawn with 5 other jackals hoping to tag it first.

So I just can't see how riding to a flight point is suppose to give me a sense of immersion. Personally, the only way I could get immersed in the game while leveling would be to have an off-line mode. Duskwood feels spookiest when I'm the only guy there. Not when there are 50 other people in the zone telling Chuck Norris jokes.

If you want to make leveling more involved, RPGish, "less easy", then make it compelling and something more interesting than collect 10 pig snouts or go kill 10 thieves over and over and over and over. And for those that hate leveling, offer some super fast track way that doesn't affect anyone else.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-28 at 08:14 PM.

Grindier - yes
    More difficult - no
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Oh man, yea, leveling is sooooo hard. I mean, you have to actually walk around the world now, what a chore... instead of being able to queue from your capital for everything and get stuff for free in mail while you use trade chat as a mass messenger, you now have to walk to quests. What's next? They'll ask you to actually push more then 2 buttons to kill something at lower levels? Unthinkable!
    And to think that now you have to run extremely long distances like... from Astranaar to Stardust Spire, that's like... 30 seconds of running!*sarcasm off*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    This is where we seem to disconnect. If people hate flying mounts and they ruin your immersion, I don't understand why you NOT using them isn't an option. If people think Auto Flight points ruin the immersion of the game, they have the option of not using them until they manually reach that flight master. If you hate heirlooms, don't use them. It's very simple to me.
    Like I said, wasn't my call to take them away, but I approve of their decision. If you really want to "explore" Azeroth and quest in new zones, it makes more sense to "explore" the zone and OH hey, look, found a flight master. That's how it was in Classic, TBC, Wrath, and the first half of Cata. I get that it sucks they give it to you and take it back. The fact of the matter is, they never should have given it out to begin with. Again, that is just my opinion.

Did flying mounts in Azeroth ruin things? Yes. Should they be taken out of the old world and left in just Outlands, Northrend, and Pandaria? Sure. Am I going to crusade to have them removed? No. Why? Cause I don't ask Blizz for anything. I don't beg for them to do something or QQ that they did do something. I go with the flow. It's their game and their change to make. I'm just a guy playing a game and I roll with the punches as they throw them out there. I'm not here to champion a cause... I am simply here to give my opinion about a feature asked in a thread by another player.

Look, if you still want to be "exploring" the Barrens after 8 years, then by all means go out there and "explore" your little heart out. Just stop telling blizzard it is OK to make the game even more of a timesink than it already is, especially when it comes to old and stale content like the Barrens.

I'd like a way to forget (or at least hide) flight points. There are too darn many of the things.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    For once I feel like I'm actually in a journey again, where I have to go through zones in order to get to the other. Previously I would just ignore a whole zone while flying to another because I outlevelled said zone.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    It seems for a very long time Blizzard was trying to facilitate levelling. The most recent move of removing automatic flight paths seems to be a huge stepback. Having to run extremely long distances (most commonly in the 1-58 zones) is pretty tedious
    Lol? There's a flightpath on every corner these days. I'm guessing you never experienced the days of one flightpath per zone and no mount till 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I like flightpaths and the discovery of them. But if your main (first toon) has discovered them, then they should be accountwide(faction) imo.

But I don't mind in the slightest that you need to learn them at the moment. It is not like you're going to not bump into "the new" ones.
    i concur. as a newb in BC, a big thrill was discovering azeroth. it woulda diminished that thrill if all the FP's were given. but after my main's been through it, there's no reason for my alts to have to discover every single one again. account-wide FPs FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Difficult? No. Not even remotely (for someone who's done it multiple times that is, newbies I'm not sure)
    Tedious? Entirely so. God awfully boring
    Exactly. This is one of those mind-boggling changes that just make me think some of the people at Blizzard don't think through the ideas they decide to implement at all.

I get the argument of exploring the world for the first time, but at this stage in WoW's lifespan I'm willing to bet the ratio of new players to alt-levelers is pretty one sided. That coupled with the fact that it's already been in the game for so long makes this change seem completely bizarre to me. At the very least, if they were going to make the effort to correct it they could've gone one step further and made flight paths account-bound.

It's not even like it's a massive deal in the grand scheme of things, but it bugs me because it's just bad game design on the most basic level.

The only people this will affect are the dungeon levelers. People who do not quest and discover the FPs can just come back after lvl 60 when they get flight and discover the paths if they really want them
    I level all my alts through dungeons at least until lvl 85-86. Its really a non issue since you will probably never use the flight paths. After you have leveled you can just fly anywhere you want. The only time I ever use flight paths is when I am AFK flying somewhere and Im not sure if I will be back before going off the map which doesnt happen very often.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Lol? There's a flightpath on every corner these days. I'm guessing you never experienced the days of one flightpath per zone and no mount till 40.
    Its actually pretty bad sometimes when the flight path icons overlap each other. You have to mouse over each one to make sure you have it right where before you just clicked the one point in the zone. Its also extra annoying since the taxis fly through each stop and circle around making the flight take even longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every piece of wow news only makes the game seem worse and worse. Pandaland seems to be the official "we're making everything like classic again" expansion. Like HGWT, other guild perks and the old valor system it seem as though blizzard are changing every little thing for the worse just because they can. As it stands I imagine the next big thing will be the removal of LFG and the long awaited death of wow

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 02:50 PM ----------

That's just it, if you are questing in Duskwood and want to go to Ashenvale, the fastest route is to take the FP you have in Darkshire and fly to Stormwind and hop a boat to Darnassus. There are lots of ways to get around in Azeroth without the FPs. Also, it's not about MY need for YOU to do anything. Blizzard figured out they screwed up and gave out the FPs for free for what... a year or so? I merely agreed with them fixing their mistake.

And no, we don't need to return to "Classic" to improve the game, but we should have left the auto-learn out of the equation. Everything in this RPG is on cruise control, and immersion is hard to come by or justify anymore. Like Class trainers. What's the point? Why not have 1 NPC that teaches you your trade profs and lets you re-spec? Why even keep them around? We ditched the materials to make fire with, the need to level weapon skills, the use of ammo, the need to train our class, and have almost abandoned the need to even THINK for ourselves anymore in the game. People run with dozens of addons, use BoA, SoR, Guild Perks, WoWHead, YouTube, and a host of other tools at their fingertips and then complain when the game is too easy. It's still an MMO... but the RPG is rapidly abandoning the game.

I understand the need to evolve in the game, but quite frankly, they've removed the more immersive content and left us leveling in 2 days instead of 2 months. Even my first character was almost 7 months from start to 70. Took another 3 months just to afford flight lessons and a single gryphon. My way is neither right, nor wrong. But, I have my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours. I just wish Blizz would put some of the RPG back in the MMO. This, in my own personal opinion, is a step in the right direction.
    Attitude of "old" players
    "You punks have it too easy! in -my- day...." You want things to go backwards, and why? because your getting old, your entitled and you just hate how new players don't have to navigate a miasma of confusing details and effort to achieve what must of felt like an achievement to you all those years ago. You can bleat all you want about not wanting things to go back. But its a lie, you worked for something so therefore everybody else has to so that you can continue to feel validated.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Much better this way. I never get tired of exploring and travelling in Azeroth.