Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's better this way. I've allways found leveling alot of fun. Even when walking through the barrens or westfall for the 10th time. With all the automatic flight paths, they kinda destroyed the explorering and roaming around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Look, if you still want to be "exploring" the Barrens after 8 years, then by all means go out there and "explore" your little heart out. Just stop telling blizzard it is OK to make the game even more of a timesink than it already is, especially when it comes to old and stale content like the Barrens.
    I don't tell you what you can and cannot have an opinion about based on your $15 a month. Maybe you could extend me the same courtesy. My opinion is just an opinion and is likely the LAST one Blizz looks to for game design/re-design.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Attitude of "old" players
    "You punks have it too easy! in -my- day...." You want things to go backwards, and why? because your getting old, your entitled and you just hate how new players don't have to navigate a miasma of confusing details and effort to achieve what must of felt like an achievement to you all those years ago. You can bleat all you want about not wanting things to go back. But its a lie, you worked for something so therefore everybody else has to so that you can continue to feel validated.
    Again, it is just my personal opinion. Blizz doesn't call me up and ask me what I think, and then roll it out in a patch the next day. Nor do I go into the official forums begging for a Classic/TBC/Wrath only server. As I've said, it is my opinion that Blizz screwed up when they handed them out for free and I personally am glad they rectified their screw up. I never asked them to remove them. I never made a thread in cata asking for things to be the "old way". But, it is MY right and MY choice to agree with their decision. You feel like it is going backwards? Head to the main forum and make a thread to be heard. Personally, I just go with the flow of the game. I'm not on some crusade to make everything back into TBC, but I will say out loud that TBC was one of the best expacs for many reasons and the more we return to that type of MMORPG, the more I am enjoying the game. I am neither right, nor wrong, but I am entitled to my opinion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it does prevent me from doing certain things.

For instance, if I decide to run some dungeons and battlegrounds and level to a point where the next zones are pretty far from my known flight-plans I'm more likely to continue leveling through group content until I hit a zone that's closer than I am to auto-run on my mount for 20 minutes to get where I need to be to quest.

Basically, the auto-granting of flight paths made moving between group content and questing more seamless. Now there are times when it's just not worth wasting what little time I get to play daily on auto-run zoning out. I just sit in the capital more.

I don't think leveling was ever difficult

but for some god forsaken reason they are trying to make it as tedious as possible in MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    For once I feel like I'm actually in a journey again, where I have to go through zones in order to get to the other. Previously I would just ignore a whole zone while flying to another because I outlevelled said zone.
    I really fail to see how running through a zone you outlevelled is any fucking different from flying over a zone you outlevelled...
    or do you now suddenly stop to do grey quest for shit and giggle since there is no flight path to the next zone?
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-03-29 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I don't think leveling was ever difficult

but for some god forsaken reason they are trying to make it as tedious as possible in MoP

I really fail to see how running through a zone you outlevelled is any fucking different from flying over a zone you outlevelled...
    or do you now suddenly stop to do grey quest for shit and giggle since there is no flight path to the next zone?
    It's more like Driving cross country and looking at the world from a different angle, rather than getting on a plane and sleeping for 4 hours. Same thing. Some folks prefer the car ride and the tourist stops, others would rather just hop a plane. It's all about personal preference. Just another human being entitled to their opinion and getting attacked for seeing something in a different light.

Difficult? no

Its a little longer yes, but their doing what they did in mop, getting people back in the zones instead of rushing past through every zone

Not in the slightest.