View Poll Results: How would you compare Throne of Thunder compared to Ulduar?

Voters
424. This poll is closed
  • better than Ulduar

87 20.52%
  • comparable to Ulduar

174 41.04%
  • a little worse than Ulduar

116 27.36%
  • a lot worse than Ulduar

47 11.08%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i find ToT very enjoyable, far more then any other raid between it and ulduar.

however in my mind ulduar was still better, might be cause it was or nostaligic feelings.
    so i voted little bit worse then ulduar.

Deleted
    As previous people mentioned. I rate it about on-par with ICC. Even, I give ICC a slight edge due to the wings. I like wings over straight progress..
    And ICC kicks the crap out of this lorewise obviously.

What I think is important, is that, the boss fights themselves are good. But what makes ToT not even comparable to Ulduar.

1. Trash, the trash in ulduar was AMAZING, except for freya and vezax trash, I actually enjoyed doing the trash. The trash before Ignis was harder then the bosses in Naxx, it was just an amazing feeling. ToT trash blows.

2. The looks, ToT does not impress me in the cosmetics. Though it is hard to compare with the titan theme. Titan theme just looks amazing.

3. The 9000 achievements on the boss. There were soooo many achievements there, and for any achievement hunter, it was a dream. Some of those achievements was a lot of fun and required to play a boss fight in a way that it wasn't "supposed" to be played, making it an entirely new fight. The achievements were really the cherry on the top for ulduar.

4. Activated hardmodes. Yes, I hear the "is click a red button more fun than changing a raid difficulty?". Yes, yes it is. Well step one, ulduar was the first raid to introduce this (sarth3d). So it was new and fresh. FL, Freya, Council and Yogg had 3-5 modes each, that you actively chose in which way you did it. Pressing mimirons giant red button, was a wonderful feeling. DPSing that heart down to 0% watching X2 regain his strength, awesome. Thorim time trial, was fun the first few times until it became automatic. Vezax "WHY DID YOU KILL A GREEN CLOUD? Wipe it!".
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-29 at 09:41 AM.

Its good, but it ain't got nothing on Ulduar

Deleted
    So far it's not bad but there are way too much trash.
    I am thankful to Blizzard for making an easy first boss, helping late unstuffed raiders and motivating them, contrary to Mogushan Palace whose first boss seriously slowed many casual guilds.

I find the trend though that LFR, normal and sometimes heroic are basically the same encounters - only harder - disappointing as it's all the same again and again with sometimes a very small mechanism added. I would welcome more différences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally didn't care for Ulduar very much.

Throne of Thunder is better, in my opinion.

I havent raid it besides LFR and probably wont, but yeah i heard alot of people saying its almost like Ulduar, awesome raid.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i find ToT very enjoyable, far more then any other raid between it and ulduar.

however in my mind ulduar was still better, might be cause it was or nostaligic feelings.
    so i voted little bit worse then ulduar.
    They did talk about having more "elite" modes but obviously scraped it. Kinda sucks. I think having normal -> elite -> heroic -> heroic elite would have been more fun than "hoping" for thunderforged.

Like they could have easily done it this tier:

Jin'rokh: Break all 4 water statues and have no water entire fight.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-03-29 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    They did talk about having more "elite" modes but obviously scraped it. Kinda sucks. I think having normal -> elite -> heroic -> heroic elite would have been more fun than "hoping" for thunderforged.

Like they could have easily done it this tier:

Jin'rokh: Break all 4 water statues and have no water entire fight.
    Or to add to that:
    Horridon: Leaving certain door combinations open until the end of the fight
    Council: Kill Gara'jal's spirit before killing the bosses, killing him empowers all of the council
    Tortos: Kick a turtle into a wall that floods the room, eventually killing everyone
    Megaera: Kill 3 heads in a specific order and you fight 3 at once + 3 launching stuff
    Ji-Kun: Destroy all the eggs in the nest causing her to X2 style enrage

The new raids are so overtuned now they arent as fun as ulduar was.

Deleted
    " a little worse than Ulduar "

But that doesn't make it bad, at all! Overall the best tier is a really long time, a bit better than FL, but worse than uld Maybe ICC level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea TOT is nothing bad at all. But if lore would suck or there would be no RADEN story in it, it would be just "next" raid to my eyes. Was expecting a bit more before 5,2 hitted servers tho, maybe it was just overhyped. But yea I would set it to top 5 raids ever.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I haven't finished it on Heroic so I'm not ready to make the call but I disagree that Ulduar should be the standard here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The new raids are so overtuned now they arent as fun as ulduar was.
    Tot is not tuned too high. If you didn't clear at lest half of the heroic in tier 14 there's a good chance that you didn't clear it all in the first week. To be honest I find twin consorts and durumu and dark animus to be very very easy bosses on normal.

Seriously when my group got to twin consorts we one shot it and were all kind of stunned about how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    Tot is not tuned too high. If you didn't clear at lest half of the heroic in tier 14 there's a good chance that you didn't clear it all in the first week. To be honest I find twin consorts and durumu and dark animus to be very very easy bosses on normal.

Seriously when my group got to twin consorts we one shot it and were all kind of stunned about how easy it was.
    heroic in tier 14
    heroic
    You shouldn't have to clear heroic anything in a previous tier to be able to advance to the next normal mode raiding tier once you have the item level associated with the previous tier. That means that a 496 geared player should be able to advance in T15 without massive struggle or being in the top 1800 guilds, at least for the first few bosses. As is most guilds cant get past Horridon or Council and we will probably see further nerfs to them and other bosses in the next few weeks if the number of clears doesn't nearly double each week.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Out of interest: Where would you rank MC, BWL and AQ here? Naxx is a double edged sword. The 40 man version was just too mind-numbing hard, the 10 and 25 man version too easy. But the concept of an undead citadel with 4 wings..I loooove that.
    I didn't raid in Vanilla so I can't rank those tiers. I do think AQ40 and Naxx are great raid zones though and I'd have liked to do the bosses, but I don't think you can really judge a tier properly if you didn't do progression in it when it was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    You shouldn't have to clear heroic anything in a previous tier to be able to advance to the next normal mode raiding tier once you have the item level associated with the previous tier. That means that a 496 geared player should be able to advance in T15 without massive struggle or being in the top 1800 guilds, at least for the first few bosses. As is most guilds cant get past Horridon or Council and we will probably see further nerfs to them and other bosses in the next few weeks if the number of clears doesn't nearly double each week.
    And you didn't have to clear heroic to do the first few bosses. Anything more than that, however, will require skill and/or more gear.

My guild is hardly the greatest thing ever, and we'll be killing at least Megara this week (hopefully Ji-Kun as well; we only do 2 raid nights a week, the 2nd longer than the first, and we killed through tortos on our first night this week). The gear helps a *lot* this tier, and due to some last minute roster/role swaps we had a lot of people below the 496 ilvl going into ToT. First time out I could barely withstand the stupid bats on Tortos; now I laugh at them.

Being able to advance doesn't automatically mean being able to do a full clear in the first couple weeks.

I am enjoying Throne of Thunder more than any Cata raid, but considering my opinion of Cata raids that's not saying much. atm, ToT is probably my 3rd favorite raid of the ones I did as a current content raider, tied for 3rd with ICC. (Karazhan and Ulduar tie for 1st).

Deleted
    Its not that bad, Horridon and Council is fine in difficulty for a normal mode but i can see where blizzard would be coming from as people not progressing means they will get bored becaue they hit a wall on the second boss and unsub.

Wow was fun on the side of ulduar. Wow beside tot is not.

My personal favorite gotta be naxx40 and kara. Mainly because of the guild i was in

Deleted
    Those 2 poll choices "a little worse than Ulduar" and "a lot worse than Ulduar" makes it sound so negative, would have preferred "Ulduar was slightly better" and "Ulduar was a lot better"

But I'm enjoying it a lot and would say Ulduar was slightly better, but its definitely up there.

Or to add to that:
    Horridon: Leaving certain door combinations open until the end of the fight
    Council: Kill Gara'jal's spirit before killing the bosses, killing him empowers all of the council
    Tortos: Kick a turtle into a wall that floods the room, eventually killing everyone
    Megaera: Kill 3 heads in a specific order and you fight 3 at once + 3 launching stuff
    Ji-Kun: Destroy all the eggs in the nest causing her to X2 style enrage
    IMO:

Horridon: Can open doors early. Sort of Hodir style where you need to kill Horridon more quickly.

Council: Something binding garajal's spirit is present and killing it starts the fight enraging the council and activating ALL of their empowered abilities at once.

Tortos: I like this. Kick Tortos shell into the side of the wall and water starts spewing in and slowly floods the entire room. You get to pick where it starts from front left, front right, back left, back right.

Megaera: Can't really think of a good one here.

Ji-Kun: I think something involving flying and platforms would be great here. Having to have one person on each platform during a certain point. Maybe have a special "Chosen/Golden bird" spawn at each platform in the room at a point in the encounter. If all are killed the boss then enrages similar to Horridon.

Durumu: Achievement could work here, and then make the orange, purple and green adds have special abilities and hurt.

Primordius: Similar achievement thing. Don't ever morph.

Dark animus: Deactivate everything?

Iron Qon: I think some mechanic where the boss jumps off and you have to deal with the boss and quilen. Tanks having to swap between the two.

Twins: Easily just swap the order in which you kill.

Lei Shen: No conduits. Heal through AOE. Deal with mechanics. All conduits activate in p3.