Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Ya I found it sorry, so you are sure a DVI to DVI cable would fix the problem? before I go spending money
    Thanks
    As I said in post #4, 99% sure. It's only $15 anyway.

I do wish My monitor had hdmi port, but oh well I really cannot afford to buy a new monitor.
    For computer use HDMI and DVI are 100% identical, and you can get cheap cables with HDMI on one end and DVI on other end.

Offtopic: what fps should I be looking at in 25man raids with that gpu? on ultra and on high.
    Depends on the processor more than graphics card.

Ok so I did LFR on ultra (shadows low sundraft low) 30-40 fps out of combat, around 15 in fight.
    On high its more like 20-30 in combat I think?
    If your processor is 5+ years old or a dualcore Athlon those numbers are about right.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    From DXDIAG:
    My Processor: AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core Processor(2 CPU) ~2.8 Ghz
    Also have 4GB Ram, I know processor is pretty old, but oh well.

Deleted
    Here's my setup:-

- AMD QC FX 4170 4.2GHz
    - 8GB RAM + 2TB HDD
    - AMD Radeon HD7770
    - Windows 8 64bit

Monitor:-
    AOC 2236swa

From DXDIAG:
    My Processor: AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core Processor(2 CPU) ~2.8 Ghz
    Also have 4GB Ram, I know processor is pretty old, but oh well.
    Sadly your fps is about right. AMD Athlons/Phenoms with 4 digits in the model number are known to be rather shitty in WoW and all other MMORPG's. That processor is almost exactly 4 years old now.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrySnail View Post
    Here's my setup:-

- AMD QC FX 4170 4.2GHz
    - 8GB RAM + 2TB HDD
    - AMD Radeon HD7770
    - Windows 8 64bit

Monitor:-
    AOC 2236swa

What would you advise for me? I'm guessing it might be having to buy a new monitor, if so what monitor would you suggest I have around £100-120 to spend and I'm from England.

Deleted
    Not posted in this thread for a few days, from what I have checked, my graphics card should run wow on ultra, but as some people suggested here already, the processor is pretty old.
    What would you guys recommend upgrading to, what you would consider a "Cheap" option that would allow me to improve my fps in 25man raids etc... and overall performance of computer in other games.

Thank you

I'm almost in the same boat, however I only get flickering on terrain in the distance, and where shadows are. The only way I can get the flickering to stop is to run full screen, windowed. However this has the effect of not allowing me to minimize WoW properly, the taskbar shows up fine but WoW seems to overwrite any windows that might be open. My Computer is a little older than the one Crowz85 has however... I am running dual 4870's and a Phenom 9550 so I would also like to know if there is a cheap processor upgrade that I might be able to buy.

Deleted
    Will this be a big improvement to my AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core Processor(2 CPU) ~2.8 Ghz ?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/398817-amd-a6-...-ad540kokhjbox

Will this be a big improvement to my AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core Processor(2 CPU) ~2.8 Ghz ?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/398817-amd-a6-...-ad540kokhjbox
    Can't be used with the same motherboard. It's an upgrade, but not a big one, more towards sidegrade.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    What would you suggest then for an upgrade? max 100 pounds in price if possible.

What would you suggest then for an upgrade? max 100 pounds in price if possible.
    Save your money and buy a I5-3570k and a Z77 mobo....You may also need to replace the ram....Your issue is that on that mobo there isn't anything truly worthwhile to upgrade to. How much that is converted into pounds though I have no clue but it's roughly 300$ if that gives any idea.

Also the i5 4570k comes out in a couple months so that would probably be a better choice at that point in time.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D