Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Ask Mr Robot questions

I started using Ask Mr Robot, to do my stats, gemming/reforging/chants prior I mostly did it myself.

Most of my gear pretty much never ever used too have glinting gems, hit/agi only if it was needed tooo activate my meta way back then.
    So now in my gear I have 4 glinting gems, in the blue sockets - socket set bonus activated is 120 agi
    Should I trust Mr Robot or remove them and add in pure agi gems ?

Another hunter more geared then myself ( I am ilvl 508) laughed and my glinting gems and suggested I remove them and add in pure agi AND not follow My Robot, and too reforge my gear, keep crit on everything as primary, then mastery and never haste.

Im kinda confused now, what to do and how good, accurate and or trustworthy is Mr Robot lol

Oh I am Surv btw
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

So... the socket bonuses you're getting from 4 glinting gems totals 120 agi and that's it? There has to be more than that, or secondary stats in there somewhere, each socket in a piece of gear usually equates to +60 of a stat, be it agility or a secondary stat, as the socket bonus (piece with 1 socket has +60 X bonus, 2 sockets +120 X bonus, etc.).

In my gear in FD, it's roughly 5 agi = 3.1 hit/exp = 2.5 haste = 1.8 crit = .96 mastery (applying whatever de-valuing of haste you choose to apply, and again, this is with my gear - your results may vary)

So for a blue socket with +60 agi:
    80agi/160hit + 60agi = 700+496 = 1196 (assuming you actually have room for the hit)
    160 agi = 800

Hybrid gem is the clear winner.

Blue socket with +60 mastery
    80agi/160hit + 60mastery = 400+496+60 = 956
    160 agi = 800

Hybrid still wins but by a much smaller margin

Yellow socket with +60 agi:
    80agi/160crit + 60 agi = 700+288 = 988
    160 agi = 800

Hybrid still wins...

Yellow with +60 mastery:
    80agi/160crit + 60 mastery = 400+288+60 = 748
    160 agi = 800

Agi wins barely

Yellow with +60 hit
    80agi/160crit + 60 hit = 400+288+186 = 874
    160 agi = 800

So yeah, in a good number of cases socket bonuses are worth it, but occasionally they are not. But saying "I have 4 glinting and am getting +120 agi bonus" isn't really enough information / doesn't really make sense.

Mission, if you post your character name and realm, I can look at your gear specifically. But Mr. Robot does math just like Spiralphoenix did - he takes the stat weight and multiplies it by each stat, factoring in socket bonuses. Sometimes the bonus is worth it, and sometimes it isn't. Mr. Robot determines it with the mathz. It's all based on your stat weights, so if you want to enter in custom weights, he'll suggest the right gems(etc) for those weights.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see, just not used too using it and surprised it wants me way over on hit now, that I upgraded some gear, Im at 8.56% hit, which is over 1% the needed and almost the same for expertise, hence why I was asking if this robot is actually correct and trustworthy for stats it suggests.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

If you're so over hit to the point of not being able to completely reforge out of it (for example Tortos Bow + VP trinket tends to make this an issue), then sure Mr. Robot is going to put you over, because it has no other choice, and it'd be pretty clear why it's suggesting you get rid of your glinting gems.

Deleted
    I just had a look at that site, it seems to have a PvP option, but it recommends me some DPS weapon enchant instead of -50% disarm.
    Is there a more PvP related site, similar to Mr. Robot?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you're so over hit to the point of not being able to completely reforge out of it (for example Tortos Bow + VP trinket tends to make this an issue), then sure Mr. Robot is going to put you over, because it has no other choice, and it'd be pretty clear why it's suggesting you get rid of your glinting gems.
    yep thats why I am over hit capped, bow and vp trinket.

And no it didnt want me too remove the glintings, seems it wants them there, for stats weighs, on socket bonuses.
    Will just leave it as it says too I guess