Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I don't care about progress, I just want items and rankings

I was wondering if there's anyone else besides me who's thinking the same way I do.
    I hate wiping. I really hate it. I find no fun whatsoever in dying to a boss again and again and again. It's tiring and getting on my nerves.
    But I love raiding in general. I've always been in a guild that's killing at least some bosses (15/16hc in T14) but to be honest I'd rather just skip the progression raids and come back when everything's been killed at least once.
    Usually my ranks are fairly high and that's where the whole fun comes from for me. Trying to get to the top of the rankings and getting better items to do so.

Progression raiding feels like slamming my head against a wall again and again and again until it finally breaks. I just want to have fun and kill the bosses, progress my character and try to get high rankings.
    I don't want "casual raids" who don't even manage to clear nhc. I also don't want hardcore raids that suck the fun out of the game for me.

No real point to this thread - just wanted to know if there's someone else like me.
    I just want to experience the fun part of the game without all that annoying stuff.

So you want other people to do the hard work, bring you in after the other 9 or 24 people have the mechanics figured out, and just let you coast along and play catch up on gear?
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

I'm probably the exact opposite. I get most of my fun from raiding by working my way through new bosses. When I have to skip a raid, I always try to skip a farm raid, if I get the chance. Going through farm content quickly just becomes very boring to me, while progression content always keeps me on my toes and thinking.

Deleted
    I raided very much during tbc and stoped after first patch in wotlk. And I can honestly say I feel the totally opposite way of wipes than you.
    It made me feel the bosses was a challange, an obstacle to pass. The joy of killing a boss was so much more when it felt the fight was difficult.

No, you're not the only one. Of course the majority of WoW just wants items and to be one of the elites in the game, better yet if they don't have to put in any effort to get there. That's what people call "entitlement".

I'm dumbstruck you would think most of the people playing this game are not like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    I'm probably the exact opposite. I get most of my fun from raiding by working my way through new bosses. When I have to skip a raid, I always try to skip a farm raid, if I get the chance. Going through farm content quickly just becomes very boring to me, while progression content always keeps me on my toes and thinking.
    I figured that's why most people go raiding. I do understand why that's fun to some people. I like the idea of progression raiding as well but in reality it's just tiring to me.

@Grissym
    If you want to see it like that - yeah. I do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    When I have to skip a raid, I always try to skip a farm raid, if I get the chance.
    Me too, those raids were so tedious and boring. Felt like a waste of time.

I really don't get it... You'll get all your titles and items, then what? Might as well just play doll and make the rules yourself. Then your doll can have any title/items you're creative to make.

You like fighting your way up the ranks but you don't want to have to deal with wiping and progressing to be the first, is it me or is this contradictory?

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone hates the wiping.

But every wipe will increased the feeling of achieving something when you finally
    kill the boss.

Killing a boss after wiping on him for like 200 times feels good man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    You like fighting your way up the ranks but you don't want to have to deal with wiping and progressing to be the first, is it me or is this contradictory?
    Not a contradiction but almost impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the kind of person I try not to recruit. That probably sounds harsh, but the fact is that people like you tend to be unreliable flakes who only show up when they want to and who take the gear they get and either leave or stop raiding. There's no point in gearing folks like you.

Now, if it's a bunch of highly geared alts going back to stuff that they outgear and just blasting through it for fun? Have at it. Same for end of xpac raids where everyone who did the progression is bored with it, etc. But in the middle of an xpac? Nope, not happening. Because, as noted, I've had too many people with that attitude take their gear and then not want to use it next boss or next tier in which case that gear was wasted as far as the raid is concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Careful with that word. Think some (I for one) object.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post

But every wipe will increased the feeling of achieving something when you finally
    kill the boss.

Killing a boss after wiping on him for like 200 times feels good man.
    Heroic LK comes to mind. Nothing felt better when it was relevant.

I don't know how you would get into a good guild with that attitude. I guess you could just get a decent item level the tier before, wait 2 months and then try to join a new guild every tier? That could work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is the first time I have ever raided...and tbh I am loving it! Admittedly, I love it because I enjoy the time with my guildmates who are my family and friends. The focus on solving the puzzle of new boss kills together is amazing...we are normal mode only as we do not have a ton of hours and days to commit, but seeing the content on our terms and timeframe is fun regardless. Finding the right balance of wipes to kill ratio is interesting, I like for a boss to provide a good challenge without being roflstomp easy...one that you want to take a screenshot of because you are proud to have defeated him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You're the kind of person I try not to recruit. That probably sounds harsh, but the fact is that people like you tend to be unreliable flakes who only show up when they want to and who take the gear they get and either leave or stop raiding. There's no point in gearing folks like you.
    Don't be so quick to judge.
    I'm very reliable and I've always been there for our progression raids and try to get the best out of my char.
    All I'm saying is that I don't find much fun in doing just that.

I've done progression raiding in Classic, TBC, WoTLK, and now MoP (skipped Cata), and I have to say...progression raiding has gotten a lot more fun.

I remember spending weeks on certain bosses in previous expansions, but I don't feel like that's the case anymore. Bosses aren't pure gear checks and reward coordination and skill over gear. There are also enough ways of obtaining gear that lack of gear should rarely be an issue.

I come from the opposite camp where I really don't enjoy swooping in once everything is on farm and one-shotting everything. There's no sense of achievement for me and it just seems boring. I remember when I came back to WoW at the end of Cata, I went into DS and basically just zerged everything. Perhaps it was just that DS was a poorly designed raid, but I didn't have much fun.

I can definitely see where you are coming from though. Back towards the end of TBC, we got 10 friends weekly and just spent an evening clearing Karazhan. Once everyone knew all the fights, it was just a few hours of fun where we joked around and got loot.

To each his own!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    This pretty much. You probably care the most about loot since higher ranking means more wiping.

Deleted
    so op wants be carried to fame and to that i would say yes there is alot of you out there and those people are the ones killing off guilds

Sounds like LFR is for you...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.