1. #1
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407

    What REALLY grinds my gears..

    Illuminated healing still doesn't work with BoL. I know why they have it like that but I hate the fact that mastery is now our best secondary stat and just doesn't work on such a large portion of our healing through BoL.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  2. #2
    On the bright side, it means there's still some added benefit for directly healing the MT (or whomever your Beacon is). Otherwise, there would never be a reason to cast Holy Light directly on the Beacon target (especially with 4pcT15).

    Okay, so I'm grasping at straws here. But most class/specs' masteries don't benefit nearly as huge a portion of their toolkit as does ours. So this single, miniscule hole isn't all that much to get your gears ground over.

    Resto shamans have been suffering for a while due to a mastery that shines in PvP but is mediocre in PvE. Illuminated Healing needs to have some down side.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-03-29 at 05:15 PM.

  3. #3
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    I'd love to get the holy priest mastery. AFAIK it affects pretty much everything and the stuff it doesn't affect isn't such a large chunk of their healing. Or shaman mastery. Shaman mastery is great to and affects almost all of their healing. BoL is such a huge chunk of healing and to have it not get SOME benefit out of mastery is kinda gay.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954
    It would make us way too op and they'd have to nerf us, I'm happy the way we have it now.

  5. #5
    I agree. Mastery not benefiting BoL is a good thing. If it did we'd be too strong and have to be nerfed in a different way.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Not really. Just reduce the amount you get per point of mastery. Or hell only give the beacon a certain amount of mastery transfer over. It's the difference between NOTHING and something. It's the difference between our best secondary stat (which is only really the best because of fixed mana pools and the critical need for efficiency) having SOME impact no a large chunk of our healing and NO IMPACT on it at all.

    Mastery NOT BENEFITING so much of your healing isn't a good thing and to believe it is is retarded frankly.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-03-29 at 10:57 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  7. #7
    Epic! Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Not really. Just reduce the amount you get per point of mastery. Or hell only give the beacon a certain amount of mastery transfer over. It's the difference between NOTHING and something. It's the difference between our best secondary stat (which is only really the best because of fixed mana pools and the critical need for efficiency) having SOME impact no a large chunk of our healing and NO IMPACT on it at all.

    Mastery NOT BENEFITING so much of your healing isn't a good thing and to believe it is is retarded frankly.

    Mastery still benefits more of our healing than not. It amounts to a good 30% or more of our healing done. It is fine the way it is now.

  8. #8
    Paladins are already undoubtedly the strongest healer in the game and you're asking for more...?
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,041
    You keep crying and whining in multiple threads now about "such a large chunk of our healing." Define "large"

    Also you realize Beacon is not intended to make us into two healers rolled into one, correct?

  10. #10
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You keep crying and whining in multiple threads now about "such a large chunk of our healing." Define "large"

    Also you realize Beacon is not intended to make us into two healers rolled into one, correct?
    It varies from fight to fight. I've seen it as high as 20% of my healing done. I don't care what beacons intent was. I care that a large portion of the mastery I currently stack is going to waste because the developers have decided to balance my entire tool kit around ONE SPELL. I care that mastery is still really shitty, only slightly better than it was in cataclysm but because mana pools are fixed it's now king for stats.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 11:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Paladins are already undoubtedly the strongest healer in the game and you're asking for more...?
    Yes. The problems with the other classes of healers are not mine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 11:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Mastery still benefits more of our healing than not. It amounts to a good 30% or more of our healing done. It is fine the way it is now.
    It's not fine. It needs to be rethought out or it needs to have even just a PARTIAL effect on beacon. Or beacon needs to be looked at then. I'm so tired of having everything balanced around that ONE spell.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-03-30 at 11:59 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,041
    You should tweet this to ghostcrawler. Perhaps you'll get something there.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

    It's not fine. It needs to be rethought out or it needs to have even just a PARTIAL effect on beacon. Or beacon needs to be looked at then. I'm so tired of having everything balanced around that ONE spell.
    It is fine, you just don't like it.

    Mastery only applies to DIRECT HEALS, would you consider Beacon a "Direct heal"? Of course not, so it's working just perfectly.

    Here's an idea for you - drop mastery and stack whatever you want to stack. Problem solved.

  13. #13
    OP: If you have a problem with how our mechanics work, go whine to the devs. I'm sure they'll do something to appease you since there are clearly a huge number of holy pallies out there who agree with you .... somewhere .... maybe .... ok no. Pallies are fine right now. We have no major issues on any fights in tier 15 that I've seen or that the world first guilds have complained about. If you don't like how our core mechanics work, tough. I won't say you're alone, but probably in a pretty small minority right now.

    Don't like it? Complain to Blizzard. I'm sure they'll consider redesigning a spec because you don't want to feel like your most powerful stat isn't being used to the fullest extent.

    Don't like that suggestion? Go play a shaman. You seem to like how they work. And hey, the grass is always greener right? Believe me, shamans actually have real issues to complain about this tier, especially since this tier puts heavy emphasis on mobility, which is something shamans really struggle with.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-04-01 at 06:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Epic! Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    OP: If you have a problem with how our mechanics work, go whine to the devs. I'm sure they'll do something to appease you since there are clearly a huge number of holy pallies out there who agree with you .... somewhere .... maybe .... ok no. Pallies are fine right now. We have no major issues on any fights in tier 15 that I've seen or that the world first guilds have complained about. If you don't like how our core mechanics work, tough. I won't say you're alone, but probably in a pretty small minority right now.

    Don't like it? Complain to Blizzard. I'm sure they'll consider redesigning a spec because you don't want to feel like your most powerful stat isn't being used to the fullest extent.

    Don't like that suggestion? Go play a shaman. You seem to like how they work. And hey, the grass is always greener right? Believe me, shamans actually have real issues to complain about this tier, especially since this tier puts heavy emphasis on mobility, which is something shamans really struggle with.
    Mobility isn't really their stuggle. Lack of spread aoe healing is their issue.

  15. #15
    You're on a bit of a one man crusade on this one......

    Mastery doesn't affect one of our passive abilities. It's no big deal.

    Mastery on beacon would add another 30-40% effectiveness to beacon. Probably more when you consider overhealing doesn't show up on % healing meters but would also apply mastery. It would push too much of our healing onto a passive ability, beacon, in place of nerfing mastery on our entire active toolkit. It would also make the tank too safe as he'd be constantly shielded without us ever needing to touch him. In short, no thanks.

  16. #16
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'd love to get the holy priest mastery. AFAIK it affects pretty much everything and the stuff it doesn't affect isn't such a large chunk of their healing. Or shaman mastery. Shaman mastery is great to and affects almost all of their healing. BoL is such a huge chunk of healing and to have it not get SOME benefit out of mastery is kinda gay.
    I would hate having this so much. Prebubbling a flag carrier in Battlegrounds is amazing.

    Also, I'm quite content with how we are now, I LOVE the way our Mastery is, and I wouldn't trade it for all the mage nerfs in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  17. #17
    When I swap from Survival to Beast Mastery on my hunter, roughly half of my damage isn't affected by Mastery Rating! OMGBBQ!

    There is no cardinal rule of Mastery that says it must play a part in 100% of a character's role-related actions. If Mastery Rating sucked for Holy paladins, I could understand complaints and requests to improve it. But it doesn't. It's our best overall stat (for combined throughput and efficiency) after Spirit.

    The exclusion of Beacon heals from Illuminated Healing forces a choice between AoE and raid healing to somewhat passively heal the tank and spam healing the tank during high-tank-damage periods (possibly after pre-blanketing some of the raid with Eternal Flame if the spike damage is predictable). Blizzard tends to like encouraging these types of choices; the dev team is not about to buff an already very good stat for Holy simply to eliminate this situation and reduce Holy paladin healing to, "derp ... spam heals on the raid and I'm like two healers, lol!"

    In short, Beacon is very good, and our mastery is very good. There's no precedent that says they need to interact, and the synergy that might result could fuck up our scaling and attract the nerf bat.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-04-01 at 08:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •