10+ Year Old Account

Frames reduced after CPU Cooler upgrade (Solved)

Just finished installing my 212 EVO cooler, everything went smoothly. CPU temp in wow was reduced by nearly 20 degrees. However, something weird is going on. It feels like my game is somehow now capped at 30fps. I was getting 60 before easily.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-03-28 at 09:36 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The only thing you changed inside was the cooler?

Are any other games under-performing? That'd tell you if it's a WoW issue (which might be fixable with a simple purge of your WTF folder) or if you did something while working inside your case (Prompting a once-over to make sure everything's firmly connected, and nothing you moved installing your cooler loosened anything.)

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, as long as nothing else changed, and you installed the cooler properly (which i assume)

you could try reseating your RAM and power cables, especially any GPU power cables as well as the P2 connector
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-03-28 at 09:31 PM. Reason: auto correct fail

10+ Year Old Account
    This is.. strange. I reseated the video card power and double checked everthing. No change, still lagging (even windows, non-game related, seemed slow)

So out of curiousity, I dropped my CPU back down to 3.4ghz (it was 3.8, using the stock cooler). That.. .fixed the issue. I raised it up to 4.0ghz, and the problem is still gone. Apparently the BIOS just wanted some attention and was feeling left out. Problem resolved. Strange. But resolved.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    sometimes the seating off the socket budges a slight bit on the mobo when reinstalling a cooler leading to sometimes needing some bios love to fix