Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

going to Great Britain! Need Tourist Help

I am attending a wedding this summer in Northern Whales on July 25th. I plan on staying for 10 days.

This entails starting in London, around ~5 days. Then to Liverpool to meetup and take wedding bus to Northern Whales. Stay 2 days. Then take ferry to Ireland to finish off our trip! I'm gonna keep it pretty broad. Anyone have any ideas of what to do during this time of the year and locations?

thanks
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    Sounds like you're going to have a cracking time. There's literally too many things to do that I could possibly suggest. If you're getting around in London the best way is literally purchase an 'all day travel card' and get a tube map. It's been a while since I knocked about in London town but I'm almost certain all-day travel cards on the tube entitle you to free bus travel too.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    many many pubs. well thats what I would do.

Dont look too long at the sheep. They might be spoken for...

English stereotyping aside - I got nothin'

some of the signs will make you say "WTF?!?" welsh is a very strange language to look at. no idea how weird it is to hear spoken
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Dont look too long at the sheep. They might be spoken for...

English stereotyping aside - I got nothin'
    That's the Welsh. We much prefer the long dark nights curled up with a cup of tea infront of the fire reminiscing about the good old days of the Empire.

Deleted
    Depends on the area of London, it`s a fairly big place
    If near Camden, well worth a nosey.

As for Wales, unless you are actually visiting Whales in which case, I`m jealous, stay clear of Newport. South of Wales (Wales is tiny, can get there in no time) Barry & Barry island is nice. I lived/worked there a few years back. It`s near Cardiff, which has some good spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    That's the Welsh. We much prefer the long dark nights curled up with a cup of tea infront of the fire reminiscing about the good old days of the Empire.
    I said english stereotype as the stereotype stemming from the English. We dont really have stereotypes for the welsh where I come from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I said english stereotype as the stereotype stemming from the English. We dont really have stereotypes for the welsh where I come from.
    Is that how you stereotype the English? Fuck me, I bet the Welsh are pissing themselves as we speak

Infact, if you're going to North Wales - have a scoot up Snowdon Mountain. It's a beautiful walk, not too difficult if you follow the miner's trail (or if you fancy a challenge the pyg track).
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2013-03-28 at 11:29 PM. Reason: damn autocorrect

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'd say go to Edinburgh (the most beautiful city I've seen in Europe), but it doesn't sound like you'll be in the right areas for that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can virtually do anything you want to in London, if you say what floats your boat, then I could advise some places to visit.

No idea about Scouseland though, and I only really know Cardiff in Wales - and only the Millennium Stadium there, even then I couldn't tell you much about any of my three visits as I was bollocksed by the time I got there.

They say Liverpool has one of the nicest cathedrals going, modern effort but allegedly a pretty impressive sight if you're into that sort of thing. Liverpool is a place I've never been, but I'd imagine there's a ton of musical history to it.

As for Wales, just grab some walking shoes, head up into the hills & enjoy, clean air, glorious views, can't say fairer than that!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Don't eat the purple ones.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    They say Liverpool has one of the nicest cathedrals going, modern effort but allegedly a pretty impressive sight if you're into that sort of thing.
    york minster ftw. that place is beyond amazing. some of the old abbeys are cool as hell to visit, even wrecked they are pretty cool. when i was there they were in the process of restoring ripon abbey

or was it fountains abbey? it's been a really long time now
    Last edited by smelltheglove; 2013-03-29 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    They say Liverpool has one of the nicest cathedrals going, modern effort but allegedly a pretty impressive sight if you're into that sort of thing. Liverpool is a place I've never been, but I'd imagine there's a ton of musical history to it.
    ...and if some little scrote tells you he'll look after your car for a fiver in Liverpool...pay him.

People from Manchester usually claim they have a better pop music heritage than Liverpool does, but Liverpool gets all the fame due to the Beatles - though Cast and The La's were two of the greatest bands of all time, and they were both Scouse.

Deleted
    Whilst in Liverpool you must visit the Cavern pub, its the pub where the beatles started out and has live bands doing covers of beatles music, the atmosphere is amazing.

Been an Englishman something that has amazed me and something you will notice is how different the accents and slang is in such a small country, all the places you are visiting have such contrasting accents it is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the beatle pub idea. i know i was vague. so to get a bigger idea, we are both teachers (art and social studies!) so we like art and culture for sure which should be a no brainer. and were somewhat young, around our mid-late 20s.

in london, were staying right by kensington gardens. liverpool and whales wedding area is sort of mapped out already. and then for the 3 days in ireland, we were thinking of dublin and day trip to kilkenny. but nothings set in stone.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    It's Wales!! :P

If you are visiting South Wales you should check out St Fagans, seeing as you like culture you will really learn a lot and will be very interesting.

Deleted
    There is LOADS to do in liverpool
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attract...e_England.html
    if you get the chance speak to some of the locals, The accent maybe a little tough to understand at first, but once you get us going there is some fantastic stories to be told.
    Scouser's have a great sense of humor and are extremely friendly, however what ever you do, Do not wear a football shirt, if you do make sure it is either a red (Liverpool) or a Blue (Everton) one, And NEVER a Manchester United on. If you do wear a red or a blue footy shirt prepare to have some friendly ribbing from the opposing fans.

British museum of loot. Go and see all the mummies and the Rosetta Stone. Also Borough Market if you can, but that's only on Fridays i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."