Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. i do too. but there are certainly some that i prefer over others. and with 5.1 and 5.2, there's a lot more variety. not necessary to gear up, but they do help if you're not well connected: don't have a ton of gold to buy crafted gear, don't have friends who craft, aren't running with a newb friendly guild...

2. answered.

3. think of scenarios like a long elite group quest back in the day. reminds me of 'battle for undercity' quest thingy back in wrath or cata (don't remember), just minus the insane buffs. since you have a lock and a priest, you got great classes for scenarios cause you do need some kind of healing or else you'll have to stop to eat. my hunter's self heal is fine, my dk's self heal is fine and other guys love it when i bring my druid and shammy and can offheal them.

4. dungeons are more faceroll than ever. they are nowhere near the difficulty of cata dungeons. and once you're geared enough for LFR, you don't run dungeons anymore. o...'need' is the new 'greed'.

5. great new, unexplored continent. some absolutely awesome npc factions (that woulda made awesome player races). rares in each zone that are challenging and they drop some cool stuff. pet battles and farmville (i just like going to the farm cause the area is cool). new scope of buildings. its one of the more subtle things, but the scope of the buildings in MoP is a lot grander than before: villages have better scale, temples are impressive and the wall is massive.

6. don't have a lock or priest, but im like 99% sure that towards the end of MoP, they'll have LFR for old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I guess I'll be the one to say it before 3 more pages of people saying "Dailies aren't mandatory."

Truth is, if you don't like dailies, don't bother with MoP. Honestly, while there are other things to do, the main focus of this expansion, so far, is entirely centered around dailies as content.
    While it is true that dailies make up a large portion of MoP, you can play WoW casually by doing regular quests and end up at level 90 after 12-20 hours of questing. Don't worry about the dailies; sure they WILL make you level up fast but regular questing will get the job done either way.

As far as dungeons are concerned, level 90s toons probably can solo naaxramas no problem, do 25m Heroic Raids in BC with just 5 people, and do ICC on 25m Heroic with just 10 people. After Cata however, you will have to do it the way it was meant (ie, no 25m Heroics with 15 people, must have 20+).

Also, exp needed to get to level cap has been reduced several times, so getting from 1-60 is three times as fast, 1-70 is double, 1-80 is X 1.5, etc. Basing on current content, 1-90 would take about 50-100 hours, hard to say because I play only four hours a week and I got to 90 a little after 3 months of play.

Lastly, Warlocks can off-tank, are more survivable, and can easily solo Naax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    While it is true that dailies make up a large portion of MoP, you can play WoW casually by doing regular quests and end up at level 90 after 12-20 hours of questing. Don't worry about the dailies; sure they WILL make you level up fast but regular questing will get the job done either way.

As far as dungeons are concerned, level 90s toons probably can solo naaxramas no problem, do 25m Heroic Raids in BC with just 5 people, and do ICC on 25m Heroic with just 10 people. After Cata however, you will have to do it the way it was meant (ie, no 25m Heroics with 15 people, must have 20+).

Also, exp needed to get to level cap has been reduced several times, so getting from 1-60 is three times as fast, 1-70 is double, 1-80 is X 1.5, etc. Basing on current content, 1-90 would take about 50-100 hours, hard to say because I play only four hours a week and I got to 90 a little after 3 months of play.

Lastly, Warlocks can off-tank, are more survivable, and can easily solo Naax.
    BC didn't have heroic raids...

It's on sale right now for $30. Just buy it.

I like MOP a lot, but it has about 2 weeks of steady content. Within 3 weeks I am Ilvl500 and somewhat bored of everything.

TBH, most people still sit around in the old world after doing dailies.

1. You don't need to do dailies, the rep gives you access to upgrades, but at this point, those upgrades have been bypassed by a new rep, shado-pan assault, which you can gain rep with by raiding or doing LFR. The other thing dailies can give you is tokens which give you extra rolls on loot, helpful, but if you aren't big into raiding, you don't need to do these either.
    2. There's a cap on how much mana you can have, but not on intellect itself. To be honest, this is a good change.
    3. Scenarios are a joke, they are pretty much designed to do when you aren't busy with anything else, way easier then dungeons.
    4. If you don't like wow attitudes, well, all attitudes are still in the game lol, from LFR loving bads that want everything nerfed, to elitists that think everything should be insanely hard.
    5. WoW's raiding in this expansion is a lot better, there's more content, and you'll find plenty of stuff to keep you busy. It's hard to have an alt and reasonably gear him up if you don't play a lot. Overall, it's way better than cata (or wotlk for that matter). PvP has problems, but it has at all points in the game. The developers move at a snails pace with fixing problems, but it looks like they are taking steps in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have another question.....mists has only been out for what barely 6 months? and they are talking about patch 5.3 already. it sounds like mists is almost over already. (what i mean about wow attitudes is the really selfish behavior i see in lfd. it really turns me off to doing dungeons and stuff.i.e. the your not doing good enough dps so we'll kick and berate you instead of trying to improve you, the hunters needing on intellect trinkets,etc,the go,go,go tanks,and then there's the rude groups that are just hostile.)
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-03-29 at 03:18 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i have another question.....mists has only been out for what barely 6 months? and they are talking about patch 5.3 already. it sounds like mists is almost over already.
    MoP won't be over until the Siege of Org in 5.4. Even then, there is still talk of a patch 5.5.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I recently decided to gear up my Death Knight, I did no dailies whatsoever. Once I dinged 90 I started running Scenarios with 2 friends, we spam que'd them and I got a piece of item every run or two, got 460 ilvl in no time at which point I unlocked MSV LFR and kept going from there. Either way, it is definitely possible to get gear without doing dailies, some people are just too lazy to do Scenarios/Dungeons/Dailies so they focus on blaming dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay would my priest be able to solo naxx at 90 as i've wanted to get the t7.5 halo for ages but could never find a group willing to do it.
    Easily. i think the only raid that would be hard is ICC

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 06:08 AM ----------

why what did they do to dungeons to make them less efficient? or is it that the waiting time for dps is extremely long? or is that quests just give more experience?(i dont mind quests but i like to break them up with dungeons or sometimes i just feel like doing dungeons.)
    You can lvl with dungeons they just take far longer than quest.

A rough estimate is 1-2m exp per hour from dungeon and 6-7m exp per hour for quest.
    Lvl'ing is fast. but can be tiresome if you wanna do more than 3 char's. i have 4 90's and i had to kick myself so hard just to get the fourth up. Most likely because I hate questing.

To give a estimate of the time it took

Priest 27 hours after launch. aproximately 20 hours played (slept 7 hours)
    Rogue 22 hours played
    DK 14 hours played
    Hunter 35 hours played.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

1. i absolutely detest dailies. i flat out refuse to do them. from what i have heard it is the main way to progress your character past blue gear other than lfr.
    if i remember as well it is the only way to get high level recipes(575-600) correct?
    2.i would like to know if intellect is capped at level 90 i think it is but im not sure.
    3.so i heard scenarios are the new extra dungeons im not sure how these work exactly.
    4. i am the type of person that while not antisocial finds most of the attitudes in wow difficult to put up with and thus am very hesitant to run dungeons as im not concerned with being at the top of my game to speak but i do the basic stuff like gem and enchant.
    5. basically what im asking is what else did mists change from cataclysm in a couple paragraphs or less.(besides the talent tree changes.)
    i really want to buy mists and try out the new content but i cant bring myself to spend 40$ for it does anyone know when it will or if it will go on sale for 20$ again? (i know they had a promotion awhile back with it being only 20$.)
    6.i also would like to know from any other warlocks/priests(or people who play warlocks at 90) what raids it is possible to solo as a decently geared 90 priest/warlock with decent skillset in your experience? as i find the idea of soloing old raids at 90 exciting enough to consider buying it.
    7. how hard are professions to level up to 600 this time around? in cataclysm all the professions save for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting felt like a seperate insane grind all by themselves to level to 525.
    What's different from Cataclysm? Deep lore well thought out lore & New npc races that engaging, unique, & fun are my favorites, but then I'm a lore nerd. The questing to level 90 is more free form than the linear mess from Cata. There is a plethra of dailies afterward, but there are several ways to get the same results without them. The weird thing about the dailies is since there is allot of dailies this time around they have had time to experiment and this last patches (which you can dive into right at 90) are actually really kinda fun.

Scenario are like dungeons but no one has an assigned role. All three of you can kinda do as you please and as long as that something goes toward the goal stated in the scenario UI you usually beat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have another question.....mists has only been out for what barely 6 months? and they are talking about patch 5.3 already. it sounds like mists is almost over already. (what i mean about wow attitudes is the really selfish behavior i see in lfd. it really turns me off to doing dungeons and stuff.i.e. the your not doing good enough dps so we'll kick and berate you instead of trying to improve you, the hunters needing on intellect trinkets,etc,the go,go,go tanks,and then there's the rude groups that are just hostile.)
    They said they wanted to push out content much faster so i guess mist of Pandaria will end after 1-1½ year instead of the normal 2+ years.

Well many players are Elitest Jerks so to say. A lot of people will whine at you but just turn a deaf ear to them. or queue up with 2-3 friends then they will shut up cause you can kick them if they misbehave.

Sadly the loot system for random dungeons is as crappy as it always have been
    Paladin's can need on healer tank and dps gear
    str user can need on agi and str trinket/ring/neck/cloak
    wise versa for agi users.

none healers can need on healing and wise versa.

But just queue up with friends that can need on the stuff you need and if someone is a douche bag and tries to ninja loot both of you need and you have a 2/3 chance instead of 1/2. better yet go with full friend group.

You will at some point gets the ruthless asshole pricks who is downright hostile towards you. personally i tend to either leave the queue or just simply ignore him. also report him a 3 day ban is something those guys deserve.

Also lastly highly recommended you read up class guides for your class. at least it will turn away 50% of those idiots.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    5.3 is just a story patch. T15 is going to last a long while. Mists isn't going to be any shorter than cata. But listing all of the things you've listed, I would advise you against buying MoP. Dailies aren't mandatory. Not even close. But because most people can't get their head around that, there's a good chance you'll fall right in line with that mentality. And yes, MoP is still wow. LFD mentalities aren't going to change with an expac. I'm having a blast in MoP, but that's just me. I think you should just hold off and see what the next expac has to offer.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    They said they wanted to push out content much faster so i guess mist of Pandaria will end after 1-1½ year instead of the normal 2+ years.

Well many players are Elitest Jerks so to say. A lot of people will whine at you but just turn a deaf ear to them. or queue up with 2-3 friends then they will shut up cause you can kick them if they misbehave.

Sadly the loot system for random dungeons is as crappy as it always have been
    Paladin's can need on healer tank and dps gear
    str user can need on agi and str trinket/ring/neck/cloak
    wise versa for agi users.

none healers can need on healing and wise versa.

But just queue up with friends that can need on the stuff you need and if someone is a douche bag and tries to ninja loot both of you need and you have a 2/3 chance instead of 1/2. better yet go with full friend group.

You will at some point gets the ruthless asshole pricks who is downright hostile towards you. personally i tend to either leave the queue or just simply ignore him. also report him a 3 day ban is something those guys deserve.

Also lastly highly recommended you read up class guides for your class. at least it will turn away 50% of those idiots.
    i really dont mind the insults etc. that stuff i just ignore. it's the fact that i get penalized for leaving groups with ninja looters/getting kicked for not being up to their standards,etc by means of the 15min random dungeon queue up timer and the 30min debuff. its either i waste my time being berated,kicked/having loot ninja'd and not get any loot or waste my time waiting out the debuff. really the main reason i have for buying it is to level up to 90 and gear up to solo old raids.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

okay would my priest be able to solo naxx at 90 as i've wanted to get the t7.5 halo for ages but could never find a group willing to do it.
    You can skip right to Sapphiron/KT now, and it should be easy enough to do at 90 (I've been able to do it as a fairly undergeared Arms Warrior.)

the hunters needing on intellect trinkets,etc
    Loot is changed, there is no possibility to lose to derps like that anymore, at least in LFR
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Loot is changed, there is no possibility to lose to derps like that anymore, at least in LFR
    im speaking more in terms of lfd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crying about Dailies is the new "Cool Kid" thing to do, nothing more.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Crying about Dailies is the new "Cool Kid" thing to do, nothing more.
    doesnt change the fact that i hate dailies.

doesnt change the fact that i hate dailies.
    Then you do not have to do them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing