Question Can someone please help me with haste for resto I cant wrap my head around it?

Ok I need haste explained better I want to talk ele mastery but the haste breakpoints confuse me.

In my raid I have a boomkin and spriest so I get 5% from them.

What do I need to be at to get my first ticks right now I have without AS is. (2,780) +6.54% haste is what my screen says. Am i at the first breakpoint without raid or with it, or do I need more?

If someone can explain this it would be great thank u fellow shamans.

Firstly I just want to inform that breakpoints are a myth on anything you refresh, and doesn't magically increase your hps any more when you hit one anymore than the 10 haste rating before it.

Honestly, my advice is just to get haste to the point you feel comfortable at and then stack whatever the best secondary stat is at your gear level using something like simcraft. Basically haste since their change is a stat just like any other, where there really isn't magical numbers that increase its effectiveness exponentially.

Very rough, imaginary numbers example: going from 80-90 haste would let your riptide/healing rain tic 7 in 7 seconds. Going from 90-100 haste lets it tic 8 times in 7.7 seconds, going from 100-110 haste lets it tic 8 times in 7.4 seconds seconds. The amount healed per second grows at a stable rate regardless of there being an extra tic involved. The only use may be for mana efficiency, in which case breakpoints do have some limited use as far as haste goes, but spirit, mastery, or crit would be far better choices for efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

These haste breakpoint overviews should help you a bit already. They state what you need if you have 5% from the raid and/or 5% from AS, etc.

I'll explain briefly, hopefully answering your question in an understandable manner.
    Let's say you're sitting in your raid with your trusty old Boomkin buddy who merrily carries around his pretty 5% haste aura ^^
    So you pull up your haste breakpoint card and check the numbers...
    With the 5% haste from your Boomkin friend provided, you'll find the following:
    To gain an extra tick from Riptide WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 1345.
    To gain an extra tick from HR WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 2017.
    To gain an extra tick from Earthliving WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 3039.

If you decide to spec into AS, you'll just move a column to the left in the haste breakpoint card where the header reads "AS/+5% raid". These numbers tell you which ratings are important to grab more ticks if you're sitting in that raid AND have AS talented.

The haste breakpoints for getting ticks during Elem.Mastery aren't there, and I don't have them readily available, but I'm sure someone else will happily tell you what haste rating to strife for if you want e.g. an extra HTT tick with Elem.Mastery active
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-03-28 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post

The haste breakpoints for getting ticks during Elem.Mastery aren't there, and I don't have them readily available, but I'm sure someone else will happily tell you what haste rating to strife for if you want e.g. an extra HTT tick with Elem.Mastery active
    For em, it shows the % on the site you linked. So surely you can just add 30% on top of your current haste %?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post

These haste breakpoint overviews should help you a bit already. They state what you need if you have 5% from the raid and/or 5% from AS, etc.

I'll explain briefly, hopefully answering your question in an understandable manner.
    Let's say you're sitting in your raid with your trusty old Boomkin buddy who merrily carries around his pretty 5% haste aura ^^
    So you pull up your haste breakpoint card and check the numbers...
    With the 5% haste from your Boomkin friend provided, you'll find the following:
    To gain an extra tick from Riptide WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 1345.
    To gain an extra tick from HR WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 2017.
    To gain an extra tick from Earthliving WITHOUT being specced into AS, you'd need 3039.

If you decide to spec into AS, you'll just move a column to the left in the haste breakpoint card where the header reads "AS/+5% raid". These numbers tell you which ratings are important to grab more ticks if you're sitting in that raid AND have AS talented.

I only have the only haste breakpoint you want to get with Elemental Mastery with a 5% haste buff and that is 3039 haste for official 2 extra Healing Tide Ticks. You could technically go with 2016 haste for 1 tick, but 3039 haste is such a big boost, you want that amount.

This is with the 5% spell haste buff, which you want with Elemental Mastery anyways. If no one of your raid can provide this buff (not even hunters with sporebat), then swap to AS.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    For em, it shows the % on the site you linked. So surely you can just add 30% on top of your current haste %?
    Wishful thinking. I wish it was that easy. =) then we wouldn't have to make such big numbers out of it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work