15+ Year Old Account

THinking of returning, have a quick question for the Veteran players

Hey folks, been gone from WoW since about a month after Cata released. I came back once to do the Deathwing encounter just to see it. Took me about a week and a half to gear up for that and tank it in LFR. Basically I really disliked Cata and didn't like the Deathwing encounter to be honest. THe last time I had fun in WoW was Vanilla, BC and WotLK. Cata was such a let down for me but anyways to get to my point....

Compared to BC and WotLK, where does MoP fall for you? (question directed more to those who played/raided during those times) I dont' like the idea of "Panda-Land" to be honest, but like many of you, I miss the old times and I need a break from SWTOR after playing non-stop since headstart. My favorite toons were always my DK and Pally, both tanks. Where does the Monk fall in tanking right now? I would love to try one out. I've never been drawn to easy tanks except for my Pally during WotLK for Lore/RP reasons.

Anyways, I appreciate the comment and suggestions.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

BC > MoP > WotLK for me.. cata just >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that way

Deleted
    One can really appreciate paladin tanks atm.
    Monks are doing ok, but they're not always the first option for raids.

About panda-land. Next patch we're heading towards Azeroth again, for now the Thron of Thunder instance is far from panda fluffines.

I think MoP is keeping up to it's promises. But only you can decide if it fits you or not.

Just pay 15 bucks for a month of game time and level through the panda zone, since you can now play any race with the basic game. That will give you some indication as to what MoP is like without having to buy the expansions.

Otherwise you are just going to get haters who tell you not to come back and fanboys who tell you its the greatest thing since trolling the internet. Your enjoyment of the game is entirely subjective to your own opinion and nobody elses opinion gaurantees your enjoyment.

Mists is the most fun I've had raiding in awhile, even though we are a tier behind. Having played since vanilla I'd say its honestly more of the same, not that it's a bad thing it's just the core of the game hasn't changed much level, gear for raids, kill bosses, wait for next tier. The biggest change from cata to mists would have to be that there is SO much to do on my main that I'm having trouble gearing any alts, or it could just be that I want to focus on one character for a change.

As monks go I'd say they have the highest learning curve for tanks.

Just get a SoR and test it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Just pay 15 bucks for a month of game time and level through the panda zone, since you can now play any race with the basic game. That will give you some indication as to what MoP is like without having to buy the expansions.

Otherwise you are just going to get haters who tell you not to come back and fanboys who tell you its the greatest thing since trolling the internet. Your enjoyment of the game is entirely subjective to your own opinion and nobody elses opinion gaurantees your enjoyment.
    I would agree with this statement. Where I have been enjoying myself immensely and am working on my 4th 90, others have hated it so much they have 1 90 and 10 85s. It is all about your personal view. You will not gear as insanely fast as Cataclysm, so if speed is your thing, this is just a warning. You might get geared through Heroics in a week or two, and there are crafting options and other worldly gear to help, but a race to the finish in raiding, this expansion is not.

I've been playing since BC, and I would say that MoP is a lot like Wrath. The good parts, anyway. So far it's much, much better than Cataclysm. You can either pick up a Scroll of Resurrection (if you're eligible) or you can do what I did to get back in. There's a promotion going on right now that'll give you 7 days of gametime, and that's what I did at the beginning of the month to jumpstart myself after having been away since last November. I can't post a link, but it's all over the WoW facebook page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can help a bit with the "panda land" part.

To be perfectly honest apart from valley of the four winds and a small portion of Jade Forest you wouldn't really associate the place with the pandaren. Dread Wastes and Townlong are the darker zones which has a more of an Outland feel to them.

In 5.3 we are heading back to good old Durotar/Barrens with a rebellion between Tauren/Trolls vs Garrosh. I think you should sub for a month just to see if it takes your interest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't quote everyone, but thank you so much for the reply's. Looks like I'll be downloading it again when I get home and roll me a monk. If I dont' like that I'll just start relearning my Dk or Pally.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Is there a reason this post is duplicated at least once every few hours?

If you want to come back to the game, poke around in there and try it out for yourself. Honestly the best solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Is there a reason this post is duplicated at least once every few hours?

If you want to come back to the game, poke around in there and try it out for yourself. Honestly the best solution.
    I agree with you, but I have a good reason. For the next year I'm living in a 3rd world country working. My internet, if I'm lucky, I get 400kb/s down load speed. Usually it hovers between 200-300kb/s. I literally took me 15+hours total to download SWTOR a few months ago when I moved here. I can't download all at once because I have to pause it for work in the morning then resume downloading before I go to bed. So it took a few days for me to download it.

So Downloading WoW here? It's actually a big decision in a way lol. I wanted to ask in my own words before embarking on the 2+ nights download time I'll need.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    I agree with you, but I have a good reason. For the next year I'm living in a 3rd world country working. My internet, if I'm lucky, I get 400kb/s down load speed. Usually it hovers between 200-300kb/s. I literally took me 15+hours total to download SWTOR a few months ago when I moved here. I can't download all at once because I have to pause it for work in the morning then resume downloading before I go to bed. So it took a few days for me to download it.

So Downloading WoW here? It's actually a big decision in a way lol. I wanted to ask in my own words before embarking on the 2+ nights download time I'll need.
    are you lebanese ???
    Be feared, or be fuel

Nothing about Pandaren should shy you away, unless you don't like to just have fun. When times turn serious, they're just as serious as any other race has been in WoW's past. And there are other races besides Pandaren: good, bad, and neutral.

On the gameplay side of things, rotations are more complex than ever and raids are much harder than ever, so keep that in mind. I don't mean to say class rotations are ALL extremely hard, just that they are definitely more complex than ever if you want to be as effective as possible (which means more than just damage for a Damage Dealer). It's also much harder to catch up to the current raid tier because it seems to be tuned around 500 ilvl for some godforsaken reason, but since you're just coming back you should find a guild raiding Tier 14 raids because those are easy and fun now.

But really, just don't rush levelling. I've never understood why people don't like story in an RPG of all game types, but ESPECIALLY in this expansion it'll be a lot more fun if you go at your own pace. There's no hurry.

Overall everything's been really fun to me, and even though I liked Cataclysm I like this a lot more. I've only cared to level one character to 90, but it's actually BECAUSE I enjoyed levelling so much that I don't want to tarnish the memories by doing it over and over. And yes, having another max level character is considerably more effort in general than before.
    Last edited by Senka; 2013-03-29 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    are you lebanese ???
    Nope, I'm from Ohio, but working in Cajamarca, Peru, way way up in the Andes Mountains. Beautiful place, just not modern hardly at all.

https://www.google.com.pe/search?q=c...w=1138&bih=532

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    When times turn serious, they're just as serious as any other race has been in WoW's past....

...On the gameplay side of things, rotations are more complex than ever and raids are much harder than ever, so keep that in mind. I don't mean to say class rotations are ALL extremely hard, just that they are definitely more complex than ever if you want to be as effective as possible (which means more than just damage for a Damage Dealer). It's also much harder to catch up to the current raid tier because it seems to be tuned around 500 ilvl for some godforsaken reason, but since you're just coming back you should find a guild raiding Tier 14 raids because those are easy and fun now.
    This is honestly just made my decision to come back from 100& to 150% if that possible. Thanks.
    my SWTOR referal link: