Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So like Im old? But whats WoW like now

Here's the deal.

I stopped playing half way through Cata.

In the meantime I've gotten Married. Now I'm going to be a Dad any day now. It's phenomenal. My life has definitely changed for the better and for anyone here whom hasn't had kids let me tell you that it will change you and that I am in love.

BUT.

Every night man. I'm thinking about the good times I had in Azeroth. I used to have such a good time with my friends. I knew so many people I became a thing on my server, like loads of people knew me. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, I know how people feel about that.

So here's the deal.

I need to know what it's like now. I've been away from Azeroth for a while (maybe not so long in your sense but it feels like an eternity) whats it like?

Is it the same. I'm no coward but I'm not returning if it's gonna be filled with those "yolo" motherfuckers. I need PEOPLE. I want to play with people with lives that's what I miss.

Am I too old for WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Am I too old for WoW?
    You're never too old to play video games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play ANY game online, you're gonna get "yolo motherfuckers".
    Regardless of what people have to say about it positively or negatively, it's largely the same. You get gear, you raid or you pvp. Maybe level some alts, but the core experience hasn't changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are into lore, Mists of Pandaria is probably as good as WotLK. Patches are coming out much faster and each of them adds much, much more lore.

The game however hasn't changed that much. Some nice additions liek Scenarios and Challenge modes, we got a farm - but you will still farm rep, do dailies, go into dungeons and raid or PvP.

Any game is going to have those folks that use meme's all over the place, but there are still alot of *people* playing that you can converse with like a human being, and have fun with You just have to look hard for them^.

I'm 30 been playing 7+ years, and still have fun and have a great guild with longtime friends and always meeting new people. You are never too old to game, but like you priorities change, my gaming time is radically different from what it was when I first started, I just have to schedule my game time around my life, rather than my life around my gaming now

Give it a shot, MoP has lots to do, especially for those of us that don't have a ton of time

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are lots of older people that play. You just have to look for them. Many of the younger kids that play are not aholes as well. I like thier enthusiasm.
    You can tell the general age and maturity of a player in about 2 whispers.

Come back and enjoy MOP in a mature guild. Be picky.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    I think it comes down to finding a nice guild with mature players. I have lately tried gearing some alts and pug:ing is the death of civilised players. Even usually decent players turn into douchebags in those things. If you stay away from some of that I think you will have a good time. I have enjoyed MoP a lot raiding and leveling wise. More so than content released for years previous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Being one of those YOLO MOthafucka's you're speaking about: You're going to come back if YOU want to.

-> I've played for quite a while now, I've seen people quit, come back, quit, have kids, talk shit about wow like they didn't play it, come back, quit, get divorced, come back, quit..

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, the thing that stands out the most for me in your post, is that you stopped half-way through Cata n' are thinking about returning now unless you're to old.., it's been a year, so I think you could take your sense of "age" down a couple of notches:P

Deleted
    Here's the deal.

In the meantime I've gotten Married. Now I'm going to be a Dad any day now. It's phenomenal. My life has definitely changed for the better and for anyone here whom hasn't had kids let me tell you that it will change you and that I am in love.

BUT.

Every night man. I'm thinking about the good times I had in Azeroth. I used to have such a good time with my friends. I knew so many people I became a thing on my server, like loads of people knew me. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, I know how people feel about that.

So here's the deal.

I need to know what it's like now. I've been away from Azeroth for a while (maybe not so long in your sense but it feels like an eternity) whats it like?

Is it the same. I'm no coward but I'm not returning if it's gonna be filled with those "yolo" motherfuckers. I need PEOPLE. I want to play with people with lives that's what I miss.

Am I too old for WoW?
    I'm with you... I let my sub ran out, but that feeling hits me every single night... Those long nights leveling a new character, talking to guildies on guild chat and/or TS/Vent...

The game has changed a lot, there's hardly any communication (at least on my server), trade chat is filled with trolls and/or botters advertising their business... It's sad that a game like WoW changed to this...

Vast majority of WoW players are in their 30s or 40s.

True, there have been significant changes to WoW, it isn't bad. If you liked vanilla, you will probably be upset with some of the changes, but WoW is still the best fantasy MMORPG out there.

The game is better in some ways than when you left. But commenting on the in-game community, WoW is very compartmentalized in a way now.... the only thing you need people on your server for is normal / heroic raiding, and ranked PvP. Anything else can be done completely solo / queing for randoms, and guilds are less important than ever.

Granted, you probably saw a lot of that before quitting, but it seems even more pronounced now somehow.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    but WoW is still the best fantasy MMORPG out there.
    I begrudgingly agree with this, and all it really proves is what a dismal state the genre is actually in currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game is great in MoP. I really don't understand the hatred. I mean it's WOW! What the hell do people expect? The bulk of end game is the same, you quest dailies, raid or PvP. But I'm having a great time exploring, questing, hunting for rares and other stuff (I've found a blue trinket and a blue weapon just lying on the ground in the Dread Wastes, completely unheard of in WOW). So tbh I think the solo and small group play has been the really exciting part of MoP.

Your only "too old" if you set your heart in believing that or just about anything that's "im too x and y for this and that". Should just do what you wanna do, but heck there's always some exception. Yolo mofos? haha i like your wording on it, but who exactly are they? leets pvp/pveers? game is most likely the same in that turf, more casual friendly and overall options aside from raiding though.

Ever since anything cross realm, LFD, LFR, CRZ there are a lot more "yolo motherfuckers" around, or well, people turn into those because you probably wont have to deal with any consequences like back in the day if you trolled a lot or ninja'd stuff you would have bad reputation on your server. So yeah, community and the social aspect of the game has gone downhill for years now, but if you have a nice guild it wont matter much.
    WoW has gone from MMO to just Multiplayer imo, the random players might as well be NPCs.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be TMI but I've got grandkids. You're never too old.

MoP is good stuff generally and you will NOT lack for things to do. You may not like everything there is to do but there's certain to be a few things around that you'll find to your liking.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the deal.

BUT.

So here's the deal.

Am I too old for WoW?
    Move on man, WoW is great but looks like you've got some bigger priorities in your life than WoW.
    Call me House.

seems like you're looking for a great guild. if you've played long enough, you should know how to shop around for one: check the right websites, realm forums, create alts...etc. otherwise, raiding - same as its always been. pvp - same as it always been. there's a few twists from cata with stuff like where you spend valor points and getting charms...but otherwise, its the same spinning treadmill.

I'm 40 years old and most ppl in my guild are between 25 and 40. The thing that has changed most is that it works better for whatever schedule You have and there are tons of things to do. Scenarios are instant que and only take 15-20 mins, There are dailies all over and although they seem boring at first I learned that there are cool cut scenes and story lines as You go along. You can go back and solo raids and dungeons (or goe with friends) for transmog gear, mounts, pets etc. There is LFR (Looking for Raid) which You can que for and que for scenarios and run them and still be que'd for raid. Yeah its definatelly a good time to come back for an older player. Being able to appreciate the old content will make it that much more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I too old for WoW?
    No such thing.

There's still plenty of people playing. If you liked it all the way up through Cataclysm, that element really hasn't changed. And the content itself is superior, far as I'm concerned.