10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Instead of voting to save someone can I vote to lynch the people that are dragging this on?

Who cares who is what role? Lynch them both and we get rid of one scum. Do I give a damn if Lysah is actually scum and voting to save her is going to give her some minor victory? Hell no. Why would I?

I am voting to save Lysah tonight because it will be much easier to lynch her tomorrow than it will be to lynch Arlee and if we go through with only killing one of them then we're all a bunch of idiots.
    I don't see how it will be harder to lynch Arlee if we're running on the same logic for both of them.

And weren't you the one who was against lynching all lurkers? Because the rest of us have voted already, the only ones that haven't are lurking or asleep. ;P

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm sure most, if not all, of the other town players want to win, too. Does that make them all Mewtwo as well?
    No. But we aren't on the stage right now, you are.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Viscoe I will say this, everyone wants to win. In the game where they keep mentioning the OP role of Deadshot (which was me) I literally made them think I was town for about half the game just so I could win. Then there was the end of the world game we had where we had 2 doctors (still did not like it) I argued with Lysah for a good few hours as to why I am a doctor and should not be killed. All in all, everyone wants to win, how they do it though is up to the player/team.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    No. But we aren't on the stage right now, you are.
    And so is Arlee. Just because you don't like my argument doesn't mean you should just vote against me outright unless Arlee can give a more compelling case. If you feel that she has, well, I'm sorry I was not more convincing. But it sounds like you're voting against me, rather than for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Viscoe I will say this, everyone wants to win. In the game where they keep mentioning the OP role of Deadshot (which was me) I literally made them think I was town for about half the game just so I could win. Then there was the end of the world game we had where we had 2 doctors (still did not like it) I argued with Lysah for a good few hours as to why I am a doctor and should not be killed. All in all, everyone wants to win, how they do it though is up to the player/team.
    And you were an SK right? as Deadshot? Your win condition was you winning?

Because that is what I think Lysah is, because of her zeal to survive.

As for voting against you rather than for her: I am voting against who I genuinely believe to be is Mewtwo because of how bad you want to live. You keep mentioning you're willing to die for the good of the town, but then you kick back and start fighting again.

Do I like Arlee more than you or something? I don't know either of you. xD I'm voting for who I believe is Mew, because I think you're Mewtwo and your zeal to survive scares me into thinking Mewtwo has some sort of one-off lynch immunity that will waste one of our days and let scum have an extra breath.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-04-03 at 03:00 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Do I like Arlee more than you or something?
    No, it's not about that. You have no reason to vote Arlee. You're just afraid of voting me because I want to win, just like every other player in this game wants to win. What makes my posts especially zealous? Because there are a lot of them? Because I address every single thing that is said to me? If I let someone's argument slide by without addressing it I leave the door open for everyone else to see me not responding and think it's because I have no response and that person must be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, what we've come to is me restating my argument that I've already stated. I'll leave you guys to it.

Good luck to the both of you. My boyfriend's got ramen and it smells really good, so I'm going to go harass him for some. See you all tomorrow, hopefully this duel will be over and we can get to lynching the loser to come down to who was really Mew.

G"night.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 11:07 PM ----------

No, it's not about that. You have no reason to vote Arlee. You're just afraid of voting me because I want to win, just like every other player in this game wants to win. What makes my posts especially zealous? Because there are a lot of them? Because I address every single thing that is said to me? If I let someone's argument slide by without addressing it I leave the door open for everyone else to see me not responding and think it's because I have no response and that person must be right.
    Their tone is desperate. Your initial claim is that you wanted Arlee to die first and that's slowly been chipped away after you were called out on it to the secondary instead of the primary condition that you're aiming for. It just feels like you're bluffing, to me. Like I said, it's a gut feeling. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the end... it's just a game on a message board, so it's not that huge a deal to me.

NOW goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Reading over the night action stages I wonder if the MC person can force you to kill someone! If so is Mewtwo the most likely candidate for this? If so Lysah is clearly Mewtwo.

Vote Lysah
    What makes you think Mewtwo is even in this game? You seem to know a suspicious amount of information about this mysterious pokemon.

Vote Xanjori
    Well these were day 1 posts, so take them as you will. Right now I'm actually leaning more towards Arlee. I think Lysah arguing for the double lynch is strange, especially if she argues that whoever loses will show up as Mewtwo. Also personally I feel Mews role is more likely to be the one Arlee claimed, Mew rarely got involved and in the film he healed Ash (right? Shit it was 12 years ago I watched this, someone help!) I am full on willing to go double lynch, I'm just worried that if Mewtwo has the ability to avoid the lynch after winning the duel then it's not a decision that should be taken lightly.

Pikachu/all the other pokemon healed Ash with their tears, Mew was barely in the film at all. As long as we're thinking of the same film, anyway.

Also, why do you people keep thinking a scum will ever get lynch immunity? If a moderator ever adds a lynch immune scum to a game I will quit mafia forever, that is just ridiculous. This is why I had to argue with you so much, Viscoe, people are actually going to look at your absurd fantasy land and think it has credence, even when you admit you've never played mafia before.

Pikachu/all the other pokemon healed Ash with their tears, Mew was barely in the film at all. As long as we're thinking of the same film, anyway.

Also, why do you people keep thinking a scum will ever get lynch immunity? If a moderator ever adds a lynch immune scum to a game I will quit mafia forever, that is just ridiculous. This is why I had to argue with you so much, Viscoe, people are actually going to look at your absurd fantasy land and think it has credence, even when you admit you've never played mafia before.
    Well Mewtwo may not be scum, he could be a SK or something? It makes sense this duel either has an impact on the outcome of the game or its an attempt at a little side-show fun in the game.

But SK is always scum, at the very best a survivor because Greeney is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    But SK is always scum, at the very best a survivor because Greeney is insane.
    ^^^ Lawl. I really want to take that last part of that post and make it my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with VOTE LYSAH. If things go down the way she says they might, we can always lynch her next. I also find Mew being a jack of all trades a bit more believable than being a modified doctor; Mew is a power character, albeit not an aggressive one, if I remember correctly.

sorry I have not been responding, I'll re read this and vote tomorrow, raids tonight and I had a panic attack earlier so I'm too doped up to think stright.

I think Lysah's roleclaim is more appropriate thematically than the modified doctor. But what sways me in her favour is her claim that whoever dies will show up as Mewtwo. Because there's only three ways this could play out: 1) Lysah gets lynched. 2) Arlee gets lynched, show up as Mew, we know Lysah was lying and scum, Lysah gets lynched. 3) Arlee gets lynched, show up as Mewtwo, we lynch Lysah anyway. It therefore seems to me that there is no reason for Lysah to fabricate such a claim - unless she is banking on us believing her when Arlee is lynched and turns up Mewtwo.

As such I find Lysah's logic to be sound. We should lynch both.

Vote Lysah.
    Last edited by Rodna; 2013-04-03 at 03:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because the mod is forcing one of us to die right now, they would never force two townies to fight like this, that would be absurd.
    That would be awesome.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:46 PM ----------

How is it a town victory? It's a Lysah victory. And again, I restate that you're both going to die by tomorrow. If Mewtwo doesn't have the one-off lynch immunity that I suspected he has, then how will the town lose if we kill you first?
    I'm 90% sure they are both survivor roles, one with a killing role, and the other with a jack role. If Mew is the Jack, Mew could fall in line with a scum team (inadvertently) and help them. Mewtwo could technically play a survivor killing role as a vigilante. That would just be an opposite scenario for this current situation of them both claiming 'town.'
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Hmm, after reading all that my choice is to support....
    Vote: Lysah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    I think Lysah's roleclaim is more appropriate thematically than the modified doctor. But what sways me in her favour is her claim that whoever dies will show up as Mewtwo. Because there's only three ways this could play out: 1) Lysah gets lynched. 2) Arlee gets lynched, show up as Mew, we know Lysah was lying and scum, Lysah gets lynched. 3) Arlee gets lynched, show up as Mewtwo, we lynch Lysah anyway. It therefore seems to me that there is no reason for Lysah to fabricate such a claim - unless she is banking on us believing her when Arlee is lynched and turns up Mewtwo.

As such I find Lysah's logic to be sound. We should lynch both.

Vote Lysah.
    The only reason I wouldn't go with this strategy is since Lysah suggested it, she could have a win comdition that allows her to solo win if Mew dies on the duel. If this is true, she could have made the initial suggestion of dying first and then slowly changed it into "I'd rather die second". However, the general tone of the posts made by Arlee makes me to

support Lysah

Vote: Lysah

the drugs are wearing off a bit
    it seems the only one supported arlee is holz? I wish this was later in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically I've read a dozen or so pages where the arguments put forth by both Lysah and Arlee for lynching one over the other are essentially mirror images of eachother. Well, I'm leaning towards supporting Lysah in this duel, though since I had planned on going with the lynching of the surviving player I would've likely ended up voting for whoever had the most support right now. In the end, since both have said that ideally you should kill both of them (one a bit more reluctantly than the other), there is no particular reason to decide to do otherwise.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Lysah has 10 votes to Arlee's 4 by my count, so I'll make that 11 to 4.

vote: Lysah

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    So, basically I've read a dozen or so pages where the arguments put forth by both Lysah and Arlee for lynching one over the other are essentially mirror images of eachother. Well, I'm leaning towards supporting Lysah in this duel, though since I had planned on going with the lynching of the surviving player I would've likely ended up voting for whoever had the most support right now. In the end, since both have said that ideally you should kill both of them (one a bit more reluctantly than the other), there is no particular reason to decide to do otherwise.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Lysah has 10 votes to Arlee's 4 by my count, so I'll make that 11 to 4.

vote: Lysah
    Correction: Arlee had 3 votes by my count. I accidentally double counted Viscoe's vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always a little skeptical of believing Lysah, mostly because I always feel like I'm being manipulated into trusting her. But her argument seems stronger so if you're lying, well done. What finally pushed my vote to you though was actually Arlee stating to vote for who we want to win, since we're going to lynch both of you anyway. Although a valid point, it seems like her trying to play her advantages and not really arguing the point.

Vote:Lysah