Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inscribed Bag of Awful

So I won http://www.wowhead.com/item=94520 in our 10man raid the other night. After some testing, I've sadly concluded that the absorb proc doesn't stack with spellpower at all. It's literally a 28k absorb which can probably crit, on a 1.1ish PPM timer.
    Am I missing something? This seems very crappy for a 522 ilvl trinket. Anyone agree?
    Over a 6min fight I had somewhere around 130k of absorbed damage. Hardly worth replacing something along the lines of Chi Ji or Tsulong.

Deleted
    Well, while it's not a great trinket at all.. Your testing is off..

During a 6.33 minute kill on Megaera, I had it proc 11 times for a total of 280k

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pr.../3/?s=46&e=440

10+ Year Old Account
    not to mention that much spirit will give you 827.9mp5

My testing may have been off, it wasn't very extensive. Even still, 280k over an entire fight is garbage imo for what you're losing from the other trinkets. That's my point.

Gnlogic, you have to take into account the opportunity cost of gaining that spirit. You lose the static int, which is much more valuable in 510+ gear when spirit isn't much of an issue.

Proccing for 80k-100k would be more suitable for this tier. 10 or so procs per fight would have it sitting around 800k-1mil absorbed at the end. With the total healing output of ToT fights that is pretty reasonable. 280k when compared to everything else is laughable.

You're not missing anything. The shield trinkets and the Lei Shen Lightning-Imbued Chalice are lackluster trinkets with poor design. Depending on your gear, a 2/2 upgraded Spirits of the Sun HC might be BiS for this tier along with Horridon's trinket.

This link provides good discussion on these trinkets, I recommend you read it for a further understanding of T15 trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    You're not missing anything. The shield trinkets and the Lei Shen Lightning-Imbued Chalice are lackluster trinkets with poor design. Depending on your gear, a 2/2 upgraded Spirits of the Sun HC might be BiS for this tier along with Horridon's trinket.

This link provides good discussion on these trinkets, I recommend you read it for a further understanding of T15 trinkets.
    I'd like to point out that the post in question miscalculated the Talisman mana use. The given Spirit value is 1423.5, but in reality the parameters given (3 uses in an 8 minute fight) translates to 1663 Spirit {[(29805 * 3)/480]/0.56}, making it better than 2/2 H Spirits of the Sun by 67 Int and 122 Spirit, and that's a fight parameter that errs towards the unfavorable side for the trinket.

On topic though, for the sake of simplicity let's say that the mana procs from Horridon's and Talisman are both roughly equal to the static Spirit on the 2 shield trinkets (they're not, Horridon's is way more, but we're going with simple here). That means that the throughput procs have to be better than the static Int on those two trinkets (1467 at the 522 ilvl, which accounts for roughly 7% of my Int before 5% stats buff and 5% armor specialization passive). On the given log for an example, the Bag was 0.9% of total healing done by the Mistweaver. I really hope I don't have to bust out the mathematical analysis (or hell, Regi's spreadsheet) to tell you that 7% of your Int will be a much, much better benefit than that awful shield. The Chalice does more healing and has passive Int, but its proc can overheal and trigger on targets who already have hots soo.... Yeah, they're not even close to Horridon's + Talisman.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2013-03-29 at 05:41 AM.

Inscribed bag of Hydra-spawn

Would you use this over your Relic of Chi-ji for Mistweaver? Picked it up in Raid Finder tonight, just wondering what peoples thoughts were.

Merged the recently created "Inscribed bag of Hydra-spawn" thread with the already existing "Inscribed Bag of Awful" thread as both have similar topics in discussion.

Ty, haven't gotten a really got response yet, my chi-ji is not upgraded at all, and thus i'm curious if someone would use the Bag over a non upgraded Chi-ji.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:59 AM ----------

Can't reallt rely on Mr.Robot. Need some input here lol, anyone who have acutally tried this minus the chi-ji?

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    So I won in our 10man raid the other night. After some testing, I've sadly concluded that the absorb proc doesn't stack with spellpower at all. It's literally a 28k absorb which can probably crit, on a 1.1ish PPM timer.
    Am I missing something? This seems very crappy for a 522 ilvl trinket. Anyone agree?
    Over a 6min fight I had somewhere around 130k of absorbed damage. Hardly worth replacing something along the lines of Chi Ji or Tsulong.
    Lol some of the new trinkets are meh.

Deleted
    The new version of chalice actually holds it's own, one reason for this is that the proc uses half of the itemization budget where regen would usually go so it doesn't need to compete against ~1.6k int that the shield trinkets lack. Inscribed Bag & Stolen Relic are ages behind, for one the weight of intellect and spirit are equal for itemization, yet intellect is obviously far better for us, and the proc doesn't make up for the lack of intellect.

tl:dr; Chalice > Chi-Ji > dog poop > Shield trinkets.

This seems to have been buffed on the latest hotfixes.

Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn now has an increased chance to activate its shielding effect.

Deleted
    Why not the Stolen Relic....

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    picked up the inscribed bag this week, its still sitting in my bags gathering dust :/ regen trinkets just seem to be unnecessary now. Int instead of spirit and a better proc would have been nice. Even with a better proc spirit would be ok still, could regem/forge to drop spirit to compensate.

Deleted
    It still needs to be a pretty huge buff to overcome the lack of intellect on the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It still needs to be a pretty huge buff to overcome the lack of intellect on the trinket
    Pretty much. Lightning-Imbued Chalice was one thing because it was already an Int trinket, but the Bag of Awful needs a good 300-400% increase on the proc to be decent.

Deleted
    Honestly wouldn't consider a trinket like that unless it provided a similar increase to the old effects of the Deathwing weapons. I mean as it is now they're actually outputting significantly less than that mace...

Hello.

I've had the inscribed bag of awful for quite some time, and recently been trying out in raids after the supposed change but i still feel it's absolute lackluster giving out a total healing done for around 100k on a whole fight or even less (on iron qon it was at 80k, 60k for the shaman who has it too)

The stolen relic is absolute garbage for sure.

What I'm really curious about however is how the Lei Shen trinket "Lightning-Imbued Chalice" is after the supposed buff since i notice no difference on the inscribed bag

Quote Originally Posted by Postaldude View Post
    Hello.

I've had the inscribed bag of awful for quite some time, and recently been trying out in raids after the supposed change but i still feel it's absolute lackluster giving out a total healing done for around 100k on a whole fight or even less (on iron qon it was at 80k, 60k for the shaman who has it too)

The stolen relic is absolute garbage for sure.

What I'm really curious about however is how the Lei Shen trinket "Lightning-Imbued Chalice" is after the supposed buff since i notice no difference on the inscribed bag
    That could be because the bag of hydra spawn didn't GET buffed. Only the chalice did.

Across all our H Jin'Rokh attempts it did slightly over 1% of my healing. On the actual kill it did even less. This hotfix didn't do much, if it's even in at all.