Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Samuel L. Jackson

Just kidding definitely Chris Metzen.

The basketball player in the geico commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bobcat Goldthwait should voice Sargeras.

The vast majority of VA's, even less than professional ones, out there put "mainstream" actors to shame with their voice talent.

Tony Jay would have been awesome. Hearing Frollo destroy Azeroth in hellfire would have been epic.

James Earl Jones has a rather heroic and god/deity-like voice, but with proper voice manipulation he sounds sinister (obviously as Darth Vader's voice). But I honestly don't want to hear Vader during the final confrontation.

Jeremy Irons has a nice voice, but it sounds too night elfish at times and when he becomes sinister he would be better as a goblin, blood elf, or a Natherzim Dreadlord.

Liam Neeson has too much of a heroic sounding voice. He would voice someone like Halford Wyrmbane or an older Prince Anduin that got tackled by puberty.

Anyone with a very distinct higher-pitched British or any pitch Southern-US voice wouldn't work in my view, so people like Alan Rickman, David Attenborough, Morgan Freeman, Keith David, Hugo Weaving, and so on wouldn't work.

Ian McKellen or Christopher Lee have very deep profound voices that make their British accents all the more epic and would be fitting for Sargeras. Personally a really pissed off Magneto/Gandalf or Saruman while the world is being destroyed would be most favorable. Patrick Stewart could also achieve a deeper, more sinister voice with some effects.

Ron Perlman also has a great voice that, with additional effects, could have a beautiful result... What is Christopher Lee and Ron Perlman combined the voice to form Sargeras' commanding voice with a sinister whisper beneath?

Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-03-29 at 08:14 AM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    Randy Blythe.
    This. So much this.

Deleted
    Patrick Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    The vast majority of VA's, even less than professional ones, out there put "mainstream" actors to shame with their voice talent.
    thats because they dont have to look pretty, or have good clothes.

with voice acting a 300 pound black guy could play a 13 year old asian kid if his voice is okay.

in live action you have to both look the part and act the part which has just as much to do with luck as it does with talent, and in some cases much more so
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Joe Pasquale hands down for me. The raid would wipe at the sound of his voice :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ian McShane
    Leonard Nimoy
    Frank Welker
    Charles Dance
    Max Cavalera

Tony Fucking Todd.

Candyman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Oh my god yes.

"Tichondrius, you are positivly dimwitted, aren't you? Quite the vulgarian."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Whoopi Goldberg.

...what?

Peter Griffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already used a voice for him, dunno if they'll keep it. Someone already posted it nm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zula95 View Post

No further discussion required
    I won't lie, I loled pretty good.

"I'm Sargeras, and I have diabeetus."

David Attenborough !
    Last edited by Aerr; 2013-03-29 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Anybody but Metzen...

...which is probably who it will end up being.
    Cronyism. >.>

On a more general note, the quality of the voice acting (more specifically its directing) could use a lot of work. Half the time the VAs sound "off". This is why "dramatic" scenes in a WoW most of the time comes off as cheesy and cringe inducing. The dialogue could really use a lot of work to.