Looking for some help with Horridon.

Hey my raid group in my guild is 16/16 and we are hitting a wall on Horridon. Over the past 4 weeks we have been smacking our head into him and we have finally made some progress this week. we have been making it to the last phase and we have the logs from tonight only unfortunately http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-99z0vlxj5e5srkbb/ . We switched to a resto druid over a holy priest because we finally had one available and couldn't manage without a poison dispel. We have also been thinking that our DK tank is having trouble with CD management and general raid awareness, which is troublesome with a tank but we currently do not have a suitable replacement. We are still having some trouble and I was wondering if there was anything you guys could see that might help us.

EDIT: In earlier attempts the DK tank who was tanking horridon kept dying, but after using a spellflash addon his survivability has gone up some.
    Last edited by Chief Brouhaha; 2013-03-29 at 05:08 AM.

Are you pre-marking the venom priests in the stands before the pull?

Are both DKs popping Army of the Dead during the third door?

You say you're making it to the last phase, what's killing you then? Do you make it to berzerk, does the War God kill you, is the room just too full, or do the healers start the phase oom?

When do you bloodlust?

I believe they bloodlust before war god jalak spawns. You need to pop it early somewhere in between where he spawns and dies. He does way too much damage.

Type this in the wol expression editor, you need WAY more interrupts.

Code:
    type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Skull Bash"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Solar Beam"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Silencing Shot"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Counterspell"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Rebuke"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Silence"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Wind Shear"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Spell Lock"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Pummel"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Mind Freeze"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Strangulate"
    OR type = TYPE_CAST
    AND spell = "Carrion Swarm"
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-29 at 12:47 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Type this in the wol expression editor, you need WAY more interrupts.
    Code:
    fullType = SPELL_INTERRUPT
    would be easier and more useful, since it only displays successful interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirg View Post
    Code:
    fullType = SPELL_INTERRUPT
    would be easier and more useful, since it only displays successful interrupts.
    I posted that one to see who is attempting to interrupt so it can be fixed if someone is lacking. Cause it might not be that apparent in 10 man, but in 25 man I've used my interrupt on a lot of casts and I've barely interrupted some since someone else got it. You could check both just to see what actually got interrupted.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Yeah - premarking the venom priests in the stands can really help. Assign a skull to the one in the center, then put an X on one of the others and a square or circle on the third. Assign one of your melee dps to the X, another to the square. When skull comes down everyone switch and burn him down, tank focus on interrupting. Warn the melee dps to be in position just before two and three drop. Put your melee dps who is better at surviving and raid awareness on circle, have the tank and the raid focus down X once skull is dead. Your other dps should switch to kill effusions when they spawn, but the two melee dps should stay focused on their venom priest.

Anyone else who has an interrupt with long cooldown, save it for the later venom priests maybe but for god's sake use it.

This fight is about mechanics. It's pretty clear you are wiping because you aren't handling mechanics very well.

The damage you take is ludicrous, I'll try to explain how to avoid it. Heres our last kill for comparison and its not a very good attempt by us either. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=467&e=1067

Gate 1
    Dispel blazing sunlight and get out of the sand traps. You took 1m more damage than us from this so dispel faster. You are also using 3 healers compared to our 2 so theres no reason dispels can't happen faster.

Gate 2
    - To avoid damage here focus the first venom priestess down asap. INTERUPT the cast. This is the key to the gate.
    - 20 seconds later 2 venom priestesses spawn. Assign interupters. Assign a skull and nuke that down, INTERUPT both.
    - The other adds can be stunned.

You took 3.8m dmg from venombolt volley here, we took 500k. Difference? Interupts!!!

Gate 3
    - The adds apply the debuff on successful attacks and they cant be tanked. Pop army of the dead, shammy elementals and anything else that can "absorb" hits. You did well at avoiding this damage
    - Frozen orbs. We found that kiting from gate 3 > gate 4 means the orbs get left behind and the damage is negligable. Try this. Here again you took 1/3 more damage than us from this ability.

Gate 4
    - Kill the flamecasters right away. These are your primary targets. INTERUPT them. You took a staggering 8.1m damage from fireballs. We took far less than half of that.
    - Warbears and shamans. The warbears aren't scary, the shamans on them are very scary. Tank the warbears facing away from the raid because they cleave. Mark one up and then kill it. Then kill the shaman that was riding it. Start kiting the second you see a totem. Of all the abilities in the fight these are the most likely to one shot a player and yet its completely avoidable damage. Totem = gtfo. Once shammy is dead kill next warbear and then its shammy. Once again, you took over 3m damage here from totems compared to our 1m.

Short version, in order of importance:
    I'll sound like a broken record here but lack of interupts are what is killing you.
    Second prio is smarter target priorities
    3rd is taking avoidable dmg and I think kiting on gate 3/4 and popping army etc will help no end here.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Are you pre-marking the venom priests in the stands before the pull?

Are both DKs popping Army of the Dead during the third door?

You say you're making it to the last phase, what's killing you then? Do you make it to berzerk, does the War God kill you, is the room just too full, or do the healers start the phase oom?

When do you bloodlust?
    We had our pally switch to his dk later in the attempts and I'm not sure if he was using army then but I will remember to bring that up.

We haven't been marking venom priests pre pull, that should help

When we have gotten to the last phase we died once from adds we did not see In the back and another time from the tank dropping like a rock. We have started stacking on war god so we can use spirit link and aoe heals easier

We have been lusting on 3rd door

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 09:34 AM ----------

Okay thanks. What has been getting us is later in door 2 the interrupts seem to stop when people are focusing effusions.
    Ninotchka thanks for that strategy we will definitely employ that.
    And I will alert the raid team about the mechanic part, you bring up some valid points and we were prioritizing bears over flame casters so that should help

As mentioned before, interrupts are huge.

Your discipline priest has interesting spell usage. He's using penance as a heal, it heals for about 10% more if he uses it as a nuke (via atonement) and that's without the damage buff that Horridon gets, add that in and penance gets quite a bit more effective. Tell him to start casting penance on Horridon on cooldown. He's completely ignoring atonement healing. I'd say maybe that's because of the crazy AoE damage going out, but he's not really using a lot of AoE healing spells. His cascade has really high overhealing, and prayer of healing is pretty low on his meters.

He's casting PW:Shield a lot. It's not really the most mana efficient or hps efficient spell priests have, unless you're using it for rapture (every 12 seconds).

He's not using prayer of mending very much. On fights with a lot of dots, PoM should be constantly bouncing.

Okay that is good to note Rhianne. He says he really doesn't like atonement healing and usually uses holy because of this, but I will bring up how much more effective it is.

Deleted
    It's hard to give any help when you do not really give us the reason to why you are wiping, be more specific