Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Fencers is the Alpha of her circle

but yeah, I usually will even balk at waypoints if the price is over 2.5 silver, only exception is Orr.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    only exception is Orr.
    That's because it saves you like 30 minutes of running zig zags across the universe aggroing 100 mobs and praying you don't get a slow or chained effect on you. If they do add this ground tunnel thing to the cash shop, it will likely be my first purchase.
    BAD WOLF

Fencers is the Alpha of her circle

but yeah, I usually will even balk at waypoints if the price is over 2.5 silver, only exception is Orr.
    Outside of Orr, I don't think there are any >2.5s waypoint fees, unless you try to make the jump in a single jump. Which is just silly when you have a portal hub with free access, as we all know

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That's because it saves you like 30 minutes of running zig zags across the universe aggroing 100 mobs and praying you don't get a slow or chained effect on you. If they do add this ground tunnel thing to the cash shop, it will likely be my first purchase.
    Well no, not for me anyway. I mostly use the waypoints to get closer to the temple events. Otherwise I have no problem traversing the zones.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well no, not for me anyway. I mostly use the waypoints to get closer to the temple events. Otherwise I have no problem traversing the zones.
    I was embellishing, but there's no way to run in direct lines without aggroing several things. If you get hit even once your speed is drastically reduced and your odds of staying in combat (if you aren't near open water) are very high. Not to mention that half of the debuff towers actually 'put you in combat' which slows you down as well.

I think those are more annoying to me than the mobs, but I could just be on an empty server. That's one issue I do have with the game as my server seems to be very successful at WvWvW, but no one is around to do the events.
    BAD WOLF

Outside of Cursed Shore, Orr is pretty desolate of people on my server as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of Cursed Shore, Orr is pretty desolate of people on my server as well.
    Mine aswell, i usually just guest on Desolation EU when i want to go into Orr. More people = higher odds of surviving them slows, snares and death grips.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Outside of Orr, I don't think there are any >2.5s waypoint fees, unless you try to make the jump in a single jump. Which is just silly when you have a portal hub with free access, as we all know
    I've had to start accepting costly waypoint fees because my loading times into LA are absolutely ridiculous (~2 minutes). It's almost as bad for Divinity's Reach and has recently become bad for Hoelbrak. Hell, even teleporting within LA from the mists exit to the portal hub can take up to a minute sometimes. Needless to say, if I see one of the dragon timers is close, or several events are in succession, I don't have the luxury of spending 3+ minutes just zoning in and out of places to get there. I am usually as miserly as they come, but at some point it's just not worth missing the event or forfeiting 20s+ in rewards because I couldn't be arsed to spend ~2s+ to get there in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I've had to start accepting costly waypoint fees because my loading times into LA are absolutely ridiculous (~2 minutes). It's almost as bad for Divinity's Reach and has recently become bad for Hoelbrak. Hell, even teleporting within LA from the mists exit to the portal hub can take up to a minute sometimes. Needless to say, if I see one of the dragon timers is close, or several events are in succession, I don't have the luxury of spending 3+ minutes just zoning in and out of places to get there. I am usually as miserly as they come, but at some point it's just not worth missing the event or forfeiting 20s+ in rewards because I couldn't be arsed to spend ~2s+ to get there in time.
    Right, that makes sense when you have long loading screens. You've also realized that the rewards are greater than the expense

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    damn, i can see it now. you probably won't even budge until you see the travel fee in your mail.
    That is exactly how it goes...

I just keep doing what I am doing till they are like, "Are you coming or not?"

"2.5 silver. Send the pigeon or I can't go for that."

Deleted
    To answer the question of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    I'm creating this not to flame, it is a question for those who have played from the start to explain what makes GW2 have longevity. I personally got bored fast, but am curious to understand the mindset of the fans. What is the catch for you? What specifically keeps you playing? Only positive comments requested! And only from those who have played since launch...
    The catch for me is to play with my guild and friends and improve our setup in WvW.

I have never laughed this much in any MMO playing with TDA is the joy that keeps me coming back to GW2.

Throwing Flame Rams on enemies in WvW, haha . Singing and people logging in drunk in the weekends, oh the laughs .

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    OMG, even I could not spend that much. :P That's crazy. I can't even break 300g.
    Please, I don't know if I ever had more than 10 gold ...