Thread: symbiosis addon

  1. #1

    symbiosis addon

    Hey everyone

    I found this addon for people who love using symbiosis. It's a small addon that you can keep nearby on a tool bar and will give you a list of people in the party or raid to show who to cast on to. It will show not only what abilities you get but what they will get as well. It will whisper the player that ability they get. I find it much easier than trying to remember or look up to cast to the right player:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/symbiosis

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    Hey everyone

    I found this addon for people who love using symbiosis. It's a small addon that you can keep nearby on a tool bar and will give you a list of people in the party or raid to show who to cast on to. It will show not only what abilities you get but what they will get as well. It will whisper the player that ability they get. I find it much easier than trying to remember or look up to cast to the right player:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/symbiosis
    I need an addon that reminds our druid to cast symbiosis pre-pull if it isn't aleady on someone...find me that and I'll give you a cookie

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by caant View Post
    I need an addon that reminds our druid to cast symbiosis pre-pull if it isn't aleady on someone...find me that and I'll give you a cookie
    Have him make an enormous weak aura in the middle of his screen if the buff for sym isn't on him.

  4. #4
    thats cool that they made an addon, but there arent really many useful things you can get seems a bit like a waste of space? lol

  5. #5
    I'm using AMFG Lazy Symbiosis Announce for the /whisper of target (Has group/raid announce but I have it disabled) and SymbioTeller, which I just found out that has been abandoned, where you can hover over a party/raid member and see what they get and give. SymbioTeller has some spells wrong since it wasn't updated recently but they can easily be modified in the .lua file (or I can sent it to you).

    Trying Symbiosis addon now :P

  6. #6
    Dreadlord xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    966
    TBH you don't need an addon for this.
    Boomkin point of view: In HC raiding where extra dispells/tranqs are needed it should go on a priest.

    Otherwise you want Unending Resolve (Warlock)
    Cloak of shadows (Rogue)
    Anti Magic Shell (DK)

    Thats about it. If you're a tank you should put symb on the OT so you both get an extra CD.

    As resto; You either want (it on the tank if you don't have a druid tank) a mages ice block or a shamans *cast while running* (sorry brainfail #needcoffee)

    Feral I guess you'd take ghost wolves from a shaman or disperse from a sp? (not too sure on this one tbh).

    Either way, for any given role you need only remember 3 classes or so.. if you can't remember 3 mechanics raiding isn't the place for you, and you don't need symb at all lol.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  7. #7
    95% of the time I pop symbi on a warlock, the other 5% its between a rogue/dk for cheesing a debuff/avoiding magic damage (feng/iron qon spears etc.)

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,057
    I know, what I get from others as Guardian and mostly Kitty as well, so I don't really need an add-on. I made a WA to show me, if Symbiosis has dropped off. People changing a talent or a glyph right before the pull - sooo annoying.....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by caant View Post
    I need an addon that reminds our druid to cast symbiosis pre-pull if it isn't aleady on someone...find me that and I'll give you a cookie
    Well, he just has to cast it once he realizes that he forgot about it. You can cast it in combat now, though you won't be able to change it in combat, as the spell will be on cooldown once removed and the cooldown won't start till the fight is over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •