Poll: Did you enjoy fighting Kanrethad?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    loved it, i failed a lot of times but it wasn't the damn fuck unfair why am i dead version it was the "damn i suck .. lets try harder!"

the only thing that i hated was the re-enslave parts, was kinda .. stupid that you "schould" get a minor glpyh but overall great szenario

Just downed him after ~60 tries over the last 2 weeks..
    Really cool encounter and after some years of WoW there´s again a feeling to have accomplished something big..
    Hands shaking, heart beating, staring at the monitor in disbelief after finally defeating him..
    I´d love to fight him again..
    To the people saying its a gearcheck: Killed him after the 2nd Doom Lord, went to Oondasta afterwards and realized i´d been wearing my good old "Blessed Medaillion of Karabor" - i used to teleport to BT - the whole 20 tries this evening..
    So it´s been an Ilvl of 479 instead of 504 when i got his sorry ass..
    So stupid, but it´s even better.. :P
    So, this fight is all about execution of the right strategy and staying focussed..

if you didnt kill him you hate him
    if you killed him you like that encounter
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp969 View Post
    I'm gonna be hipster and say I liked it before I killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp969 View Post
    I really doubt that someone that wiped 100 times on him before a kill will like that encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I really doubt that someone that wiped 100 times on him before a kill will like that encounter
    sorry but if you wipe 100 times you kinda suck or you have like 430 gear lvl. Just went there again with my new shiny gear and i though .. thank god i did it bevore i had TOT gear ..

Deleted
    I don't know if my # of wipes approached 100 but it was quite a lot, mostly because i refused to read any sort of guide or the like, as i thought it a rare oppertunity to try and figure out my own strategy for such an encounter.
    How many of you relied on guides or videos and how many actually went in blind and stuck with it?
    In the end i did start reading threads about the boss and took away 2 things to add to my own strategy that made the fight very doable.

I love/hate him. I love the fact that something in game now is as hard as it used to be back in Vanilla. Hate the guy because i'm still having difficulty beating him, stuck on the second fel hunter phase. I don't mind fighting him though, just so aggravating is all.

I dunno about "love" but if they did a Ebonlocke-style quest line for every class in the game, I would do every single one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwick View Post
    I dunno about "love" but if they did a Ebonlocke-style quest line for every class in the game, I would do every single one.
    This is something I really hope they do. Every class in the game deserves something like this. If people do it at the appropriate gear levels, I have no doubt it's going to improve the average skill level.

I really enjoyed the fight, during and after alike, because it forced me into learning everything to the point of perfection, and where every little thing matters. When I got him to low percentage after 2 -3 hours of trying, I switched to Demonology just so I can push myself to the limit of learning the spec properly.

I killed it as demo, and I knew I could have done it as Destro. The feeling I had knowing I can do him as both was satisfying.

I hope blizzard would make more bosses like this, and perhaps more solo scenarios for ALL.

Deleted
    It took me 40 tries but downed it without outside info. Every wipe I learned something or optimized a facet of the fight.
    I've cursed and despaired during those tries over 2 evenings but eventually killing it... best feeling of personal accomplishment I've had in WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Had loads of fun doing it. Looking forward to doing it on my GF's casual Warlock when she gets a book of her own.
    uhh listen..that devalues the entire warlock community bub. Let her get her own green fire, unless you don't think she can? And if she can't, she shouldn't.
    Seriously, don't.
    like, at all.
    I know...it SEEMS innocent, but green fire is a measure of skill at this point. It's a calling card that says 'hey, I can totally follow the mechanics' Don't fuck that up for us please. Besides, when you do it for her, you are sending her the message that she isn't capable.

OT: He's tough, with a bit of luck either going for you or against. It's a bitch to do, but it feels really good when you get it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up :

The boss can cast Curse of Ultimate Doom twice, causing it to stack to 14 minutes, HOWEVER it will tick at the 7 minute mark.
    I died after a flawless run at 27% because this

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I killed him and I still hate the fight.

It's just a brutal consistency check and hardly any skills required. Also it kept bugging on me all the time which led to some serious rage (imps spawning all over the platform, dogs ignoring me having full set of dots on them and bee-lining straight behind the pillar for the pit... etc.)

I wish it was also of any use for affliction locks... Apart from Imp's dispel there is no fel fire spell we use... No FoS feels like a huge oversight, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Best solo fight I've done in the game. I hope they expand on the idea of epic solo instances.
    Interesting comment, I'm not enamoured, at all, by the proliferation of solo content. It drags me away from friends and feel kinda bad when someone is struggling with something and I can't help them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Interesting comment, I'm not enamoured, at all, by the proliferation of solo content. It drags me away from friends and feel kinda bad when someone is struggling with something and I can't help them.
    Same, I prefer what they did with the rares on TI, where the mobs just grow in health to compensate for more people present. That way you can at least jump in and help someone instead of having to tell someone that doesn't play much, or is low geared they're shit out of luck and will need to spend weeks gearing up before they can tackle something.

There's a place for specific solo content though, like Brawler's Guild, but it should be contained in a few niche spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It took me many tries. Probably around 100. The encounter was awesome!

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Just a heads up :

The boss can cast Curse of Ultimate Doom twice, causing it to stack to 14 minutes, HOWEVER it will tick at the 7 minute mark.
    I died after a flawless run at 27% because this

Before you drink your purification potion make sure there are no other debuffs on you, as it removes one randomly. When I killed him I was around the 9 minute mark.

Awesome fight, honestly teaches you the potential of a warlock and can really make you a better lock. I really hope to see class quests like this for other classes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    It took me many tries. Probably around 100. The encounter was awesome!

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:43 PM ----------

Before you drink your purification potion make sure there are no other debuffs on you, as it removes one randomly. When I killed him I was around the 9 minute mark.

Im not sure you understood him or i am understanding your response, but he died due to the 7min tick, he basicly died with a 7min debuff of doom still on him as the duration was 14minutes.