Poll: Did you enjoy fighting Kanrethad?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's option D: I'm not a warlock, but more stuff of this Difficulty for other Classes, that involves using your class to its full extent?

10+ Year Old Account
    No you're right it was so easy... that is why you see every Warlock with green fire.

The fight it self once you get down all the phases its not really that bad but yes it's still hard because there are so many things going on in the fight and if you do not execute each one 100% then you're going to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    No you're right it was so easy... that is why you see every Warlock with green fire.

The fight it self once you get down all the phases its not really that bad but yes it's still hard because there are so many things going on in the fight and if you do not execute each one 100% then you're going to fail.
    I am an awful lock. Seriously, I am pretty bad. It took me 2 nights to get green fire. ~20 attempts.

I didnt have to worry about any other warlocks tagging Ebonlocke. I didnt have to worry about him only spawning for 30 minutes every 5 hours. I didnt have to worry about getting healed by some random healer and Ebon despawning. I didnt have to worry about getting ganked while doing the fight. I didnt have to worry about going too far and Ebon leashing back and resetting.

That to me, is what made the fights so so much harder. No only did you have to worry about 100% perfect execution during the actual fight, but you had to watch out for all the extra other factors.

To each their own though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Frustrating for me as i gave up on the fight after countless wipes. Fights was fun to learn beside dogs phase. I will just wait for next x-pack to steamroll it. Will be good to see Kan and his pets "miss" on my lvl95/100

To sum this green fire thing up today:
    Anyone with green fire: "fight was super fun and easy ltp issues for those without it blabla"
    Anyone without: "fight frustrating boss is overtuned, gearcheck blabla"
    I sincerely hope that Blizz changes the mechanics of the spells to deal percentage based damage and that they give him and the summons fluid health pools that increase proportionally to the health of the warlock. Retain the challenge or what was the point? There isn't even an achievement to show when you acquired your fancy green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    I sincerely hope that Blizz changes the mechanics of the spells to deal percentage based damage and that they give him and the summons fluid health pools that increase proportionally to the health of the warlock. Retain the challenge or what was the point? There isn't even an achievement to show when you acquired your fancy green fire.
    Lol why would there be? Your fire is now awesomely green. Thats better than any feat of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Whats so hard about the warlock quest? Is it because it is unforgiving on errors?
    Pretty much. There are many mechanics that will outright kill you if you mess them up, and not doing that over the course of the ~7-minute fight is a large portion of the challenge. Particularly when they start happening simultaneously. There are a few less unforgiving bad things that can happen, but not very many.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Lol why would there be? Your fire is now awesomely green. Thats better than any feat of strength.
    Because some people feel the need to flaunt their superiority over others. His fire is just as green as someone who does this in May of next year, and he won't be able to have everyone know how much more awesome he was than the guy who just got it.

Deleted
    It was fun. I did it with the total anti green fire spec affliction at ilvl 489, because the warlock being my alt, I had only ever played affliction.

In terms of fight difficulty, I would say the fight is somewhere between normal modes and heroics of raid bosses, although closer to heroics. I personally don't consider that an unreasonable difficulty, as I percieve the reward as wanting to be something special like a end of tier heroic raid title, gladiator mount or any rare prestige reward in the game and as such should present a challenge equal to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Best solo fight I've done in the game. I hope they expand on the idea of epic solo instances.
    This. I hope beyond hope that this is something that will be expanded to other classes eventually...had a blast doing it around ~490 ilevel, which seems like the "happy" place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Best solo fight I've done in the game. I hope they expand on the idea of epic solo instances.
    This.

Im a casual player and used to do some semi hardcore raiding specially for the challenge so Kanrethad is a big plus in my pov.
    Its hard, made me rethink and research ways to improve and i loved it.

And the green fire looks amazing in my transmog

Absolutely love. Was so much fun to see my gradual improvements (main problems were not dispelling enough and not using the pit lords heal when I needed it) get me closer and closer and then eventually killing him. I wish I could do him again without making another warlock. And I hope they continue this idea (I have a lot of alts so I can take advantage of it if they do) of solo challenges.

The mini lore nerd in me also loved the story of the quests where you learn about how warlocks learned our new spells that we got with the expansion. I just wish there was voice acting.

That said I've never really thought green fire looks all that great and prefer orange

Deleted
    I really liked this encounter and I like soloing stuff as well, the challenge was there but it could've been more difficult. Just learn the mechanics and have enough gear obviously. I'm pretty sure you can do it with 470 ilvl.

The green fire might be annoying in raids during some encounters though, (Horridon 25hc?)

Nosir, I don't like it.
    Juggling chainsaws is not my idea of fun and there are other, better ways to make an encounter challenging without turning it into a micromanagement hell.

This boss has caused me a lot of frustration at first. I just didnt get any progress between the tries. However, after I got some macros it became much easier each time I've done it. In the end I liked it and found finally killing him satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    This boss has caused me a lot of frustration at first. I just didnt get any progress between the tries. However, after I got some macros it became much easier each time I've done it. In the end I liked it and found finally killing him satisfying.
    This is one of my core complaints.
    If an encounter -necessitates- macros, it is poorly designed.

It's such a mechanics fight. I probably shouldn't say this but: took me about 40 tries to kill it my first time. Since then I have had 4 other locks pay me up to 30k gold to log into their toons and do it for them. Max tries after first was 5, and that was on a lock in ilvl 479. Anything above 500 and it was a one shot.

I'm not super elite; it's juz

Deleted
    I pretty much made a Warlock because of this quest and Green Fire. Did Kanrethad as Destro in 480 gear and using a Purification Potion.

Totally loved the fight and hope they make similar things for other classes as well. It was hard but i don't think it's too hard. I'd prefer it if it wasn't so dependent on gear. Someone in 502 LFR should easily destroy this fight considering it's doable in sub 480 gear.

If nothing else, at least it teaches you how to play a lock more than any tutorial ever will!

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    If nothing else, at least it teaches you how to play a lock more than any tutorial ever will!
    That's for damn sure ... locks require a ton of attention and micro-management ... maybe less-so than this fight requires (although I mostly dabble in normal modes, some heroics -- Heroic Madness before full debuff ! lulz -- but even some heroic mode raiders have said this is the most personally-challenging encounter they've ever, erm, encountered) in general, but at lower gear levels it's really an extreme of what it means to play a Warlock.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm about to start trying the fight, anyone have any suggestions for good strats/videos I should watch?