Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue vs Elemental?

Seriously, did Blizzard purposefully design rogues to be able to utterly destroy an elemental shaman just by looking at us? How on earth can I beat a good rogue? I trinket kidney/garrote during SD/blades, only to get blinded later and die from another garrote kidney? Like what? Should I bother trinketing at all? It's so damn frustrating, I dueled my rogue friend about 50 times and only won 2 cuz he used CoS at the wrong time twice in a row, and it was so so close those 2 duels. Am I just bad or is this the worst match up in WoW?

Lol probably the worst match up I would say. Almost any melee, if not all, rape us. Only way to have even the slightest chance of winning is to spec and glyph against melee. I roll with frozen power and healing tide totem, glyph of ghost wolf is a must if you want to have any chance.

Ele shamans have it really bad when it comes to melee

as a rogue, I totally agree. I ele shamans 1v1 against us feels especially easy, like we have 2-3 things to counter every one thing an ele shaman can do :/
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    as a rogue, I totally agree. I ele shamans 1v1 against us feels especially easy, like we have 2-3 things to counter every one thing an ele shaman can do :/
    if its any comfort enh dont have a chance against good rogue to
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-03-29 at 01:26 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    The pvp concept of wow is rogue, paper, scissors. Apart from that ele is weak vs any FoTM melee: previous season warrior, this season DK/rogue. Ferals in general and hunters. Oh and try going 1v1 vs an enhancement ...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Free HK =) See it that way, it's like a pinata.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

I just feel like I can always shadowstep the knockback and have cloak/vanish for everything else, and if I truly f something up prep is baseline now so I can have another go.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if Grounding Totem worked against Shadow Step, imagine the fun to be had!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    release spirit.
    can't, his soul belongs to the Lich King.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    Seriously, did Blizzard purposefully design rogues to be able to utterly destroy an elemental shaman just by looking at us? How on earth can I beat a good rogue? I trinket kidney/garrote during SD/blades, only to get blinded later and die from another garrote kidney? Like what? Should I bother trinketing at all? It's so damn frustrating, I dueled my rogue friend about 50 times and only won 2 cuz he used CoS at the wrong time twice in a row, and it was so so close those 2 duels. Am I just bad or is this the worst match up in WoW?
    Yea dnt feel to bad about it they can counter every CC we have it is indeed frustrating eating a rogues opener with garrote is so painful i hate having to trink there silence only to be re stunned and silenced again. Also if u do manage to survive those CD's and put some distance between the both of u he will just smokebomb and cast shuriken toss and range interrupt U. So no its not just you dnt feel to bad. However at least you killed ur friend twice try dueling and equally skilled feral 50 times bet u lose all 50 times 100% guarnteed lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol probably the worst match up I would say. Almost any melee, if not all, rape us. Only way to have even the slightest chance of winning is to spec and glyph against melee. I roll with frozen power and healing tide totem, glyph of ghost wolf is a must if you want to have any chance.

Ele shamans have it really bad when it comes to melee
    Feral druids are by far our worst match up its not even close lol.

Deleted
    A rogue could probably beat you just by spamming Shuriken Toss, absolutely broken ability.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only times I've beat a rogue in 1v1 is when they stupidly attacked me next to a cliff. Nothing like getting the little <HK> notice after a well-placed thunderstorm. I've also killed a few with well-prepared ambushes, but stalking your prey and striking at a moment of weakness isn't actually 1v1 in my book--at best, it's revenge. Generally, I consider it a win when I can outright escape the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    The only times I've beat a rogue in 1v1 is when they stupidly attacked me next to a cliff. Nothing like getting the little <HK> notice after a well-placed thunderstorm. I've also killed a few with well-prepared ambushes, but stalking your prey and striking at a moment of weakness isn't actually 1v1 in my book--at best, it's revenge. Generally, I consider it a win when I can outright escape the rogue.
    You must have been facing some really terrible rogues. You can't 1v1 a rogue even if you get the drop and they have low hp. A rogue will be silencing you during shadow dance so no shamanistic rage or thunderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    didn't shadowstep? near a cliff? thats pure thunderstorm bait, any good rogue just stands near the cliff, hovering waiting for the thunderstorm shadowstep and kills you.

if they have shadowstep on cooldown and stand near a cliff, they are scrubs and not worth mentioning because technically any class can beat another class if someone is just that clueless about pvp.

Dont play a DPS shaman in PvP, it just NEVER works properly against melee.

You can try PE and use the Earth Elem for it's stun and damage reduction empower.

I had a rogue once decide , to make my life in warsong a misery, killed me over and over again ...i couldn't do anything and he kept sapping me in midfield or when i came from gy.That was whehn i first started seriosly playign my protadin back in wotlk.Anytime i was close to an enemy rogue in BG's , they would automatically become my main target.

A rogue is still one of the last classes for me to experience since i just feel it's such a cheap class.(my opinion, no offense to people with rogues)

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental and enhance will always be subpar. When was the last time anyone was afraid to see an ele/enh shaman on a BG as the same level of fear that is attained when you are sapped and all alone and stun-locked to death. Never, and it has always been like that. From Vanilla-MoP shaman dps classes were never feared. And I highly doubt they will ever be. However dps shamans arent super terrible, just susceptible to alot of things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    Elemental and enhance will always be subpar. When was the last time anyone was afraid to see an ele/enh shaman on a BG as the same level of fear that is attained when you are sapped and all alone and stun-locked to death. Never, and it has always been like that. From Vanilla-MoP shaman dps classes were never feared. And I highly doubt they will ever be. However dps shamans arent super terrible, just susceptible to alot of things
    Enhancement Shamans in TBC and Elemental Shamans in WotLK were terrifying to go up against...especially elemental. Since then though they have sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    To add to what Kejinx stated, Enhancement was most definitely feared back in Vanilla. It is probably the biggest reason why you see 2H Enhancement threads pop up from time to time.

Elemental was a beast in Wrath. Elemental/Destruction + healer was an absolutely great way to blow someone in 1.5 seconds in 3s, and quite honestly Elemental was probably more than capable of doing that on it's own.