Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hate outland with a passion, northrend as well. For the 2-3 times it was fine, after the 20th time, not really.

Haha, I think you aren't going to find that many. I for one actually enjoyed leveling in the old world. I had it memorized like the back of my hand and I loved my set of going through The Barrens, Hillsbrad, Arathi, Strangle Thorn, Thousand Needles, Tanaris, Un'Goro, and Plaguelands. I think they did a great job with the new stuff, but nostalgia still makes me miss the old places.

On Outland though, that is my favorite part. I have it down to a science of Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Cenarion quests in Terrokar, and then Nagrand. I absolutely love Outland every time I run an alt through there. I hate Borean Tundra and whatever that other horrid place is to the East. If I could start in Dragonblight I'd love Northrend all the way through also.

Not a fan of Hyjal really, I'm ok with Deepholm and Uldum. In Mists Jade Forest is alright, and I don't really like anywhere after that. I feel mobs have too much health and some classes, especially undergeared alts, are a hassle to run through zones packed with enemies.

58-68 is my favorite levels in the game(as far as questing goes).

I've always really liked Outland, maybe because I started in TBC, so getting to Outland was the beginning of the end so to speak. I think it gets worse (levelingwise) with each expansion since it's more XP. WotLK is alright, Cata starts to get slow and MoP is really slow. I've gotten two chars to 90 and enjoyed leveling to 90 the first time, but doing the same quests on several chars can get really annoying, especially when it takes ~4 hours (maybe) to get a level by questing loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Outland is awesome (imo). Just because you don't like it for whatever reason doesn't mean it's bad.
    Yeah, in all fairness, I really like some of the Outland zones. Hellfire Peninsula reminds me of better times because although it's now considered outdated on the quest front, the quests there were a step up from the old world ones when I was levelling.

Zangarmarsh was the next step for me and although there was a lot of running, I actually enjoyed questing there. Terokkar was let down by the Bone Wastes being so out of place. I wasn't fond of Nagrand because of the safari and the sheer number of mobs to kill but some of the quests weren't bad.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

I like it, but probably only for nostalgic reasons. Shadowmoon Valley still feels epic to me, and I like questing in Blade's Edge and Netherstorm. It's Northrend I wish I could skip. Man, that feels like a grind.

I do enjoy both the outland and northrend.

Cataclysm zones makes me want to kill myself, MoP zones make me want to hurt myself bad.

Outland was ok when TBC was released. It had slightly better questing but I still didn't much enjoy it. Can't tell you how many toons I've left at 58 just because I don't want to face Hellfire again. That place is just a boring, orange mess.

The main thing I enjoyed about questing in Outland initially was the look and music in some of the zones. I still remember getting into Nagrand for the first time and just being almost blinded by how bright and green it was after being in Hellfire and Terrokar for so long. These days I basically do nothing but dungeons to get past Outland and most of Northrend.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can't tell you how many toons I've left at 58 just because I don't want to face Hellfire again.
    I have a similar problem with northrend.. everytime a toon hits 68 and could start leveling there I can't decide which of the northrend starting zones is less horrible, and that often results in me playing characters way below or way above 68..

Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    I have a similar problem with northrend.. everytime a toon hits 68 and could start leveling there I can't decide which of the northrend starting zones is less horrible, and that often results in me playing characters way below or way above 68..
    Borean Tundra...

/wrists

I hate Outland too, I always skip it

Outland is ok. And well even without heirlooms you only have to go through 3 zones to get to level 68 and off to northrend. So hellfire->zangarmarsh and beutifull nagrand and hello goodbye to outland.
    Only thing that annoys me is the gear itemlevel jump from new classic to outland and then again from outland to northrend. It is honestly just annoying that around 58 and 68 ALL your gear gets instant massively obsolete.
    Just gets annoying when you do some dungeons in the late 50s and you know at 58 i will still get superpowered weapons from doing the first quest in hellfire. So this nice weapon I just found is from that perspective just shite.

Outland is the part of the game I honestly can't wait to get into when I level up a new toon, along with nostalgia it's just the prettiest zone to me. The rest I can't seem to get into as much.
    subscribed
    Kibblet Infectionate Serenades Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Taxiporte Restofarian Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Shoctologist Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I don't know why people hate Outland so much. I think it's far more interesting than every other continent, besides Northrend of course. It's a heck of a lot better than Pandaria at least. Sometimes I think people judge zones by how quickly they're leveling, rather than the quality of the zone itself. It's a shame.

Give me Outland over WotLK any day, my alts die the moment they arrive in Northrend.

out land is so much better than the linear crap we go through now, i don't want to have to do every quest at a hub to be able to move onto the next one.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

I loved outland, but in my case it's just a matter of Done Too Often. But that goes for all leveling zones really.

I always end up stuck in Dragonblight, what a horrible zone.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I always end up stuck in Dragonblight, what a horrible zone.
    I think you mistyped Zul'Drak.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    outland np northrend = /shrug
    Since I dungeon level I find that the 60-70 levels is pretty fast and easy and I like the BC dungeons a lot. Add in that there are a lot of them and they always have quests you dont even have to run them very many times. Wrath on the other hand has less dungeons and the first ones are very short which means you have to run them several times before you level. If I could skip any levels it would be 70-80(or 85-90) since to me they are the most arduous before MoP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 11:53 PM ----------

Waiting until 70 to go to Northrend would at least shorten the time you are there by 2 levels. Just queue for any of the higher level BC dungeons like Shattered Halls, Shadow Labs, Steamvault, Black Morass, Mechanar, Botanic or Arcatraz and you will go from 68-70 before finishing them. Then you go to HF or BT at 70 and can quickly do a few quests and dungeons to 71 and go somewhere else.