Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    This is how I feel. I don't have any problem with Outland/Northrend, but when you get to the Cataclysm zones and (especially) Pandaria I lose interest. 85-90 is the worst leveling experience I have had in any game ever. Even classic WoW leveling isn't as dull as this is. All of my alts die at 85.
    I think the problem is: too many mobs, even the road isnt secure

15+ Year Old Account
    Outland is where all of my alts end up getting stuck because I lose interest. I have four alts sitting at about level 63 right now, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I think mop levelling is the worst. No flying :/
    But being able to fly while leveling is something that came just before cataclysm.

It's fine, IMO. I mean, I must agree that Hellfire is kind of boring, but the zones are quite diverse overall and the leveling experience through those 10 levels is extremely quick these days, you can reach 68 and move on without even touching half of the zones. I suppose the problem is that it more or less feels out of place being on a different planet and all and it obviously breaks the flow of the whole cata 1-60 experience but I suppose Northrend does the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope but I have that feeling with Northrend. Everytime i hit 68 with an alt i want to cry because i know i have to grind northrend out until 80. It takes way too long imo compared to everywhere else.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    to be honest, I prefer questing in Outland over questing in Northrend (except storm peaks and icecrown)..

so to answer your question: no, I wouldn't want such a button to get me to 70
    Last edited by mmoc6758ac0f09; 2013-03-29 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, every area besides Outlands feels like torture to me.
    So no I don't want a button that makes instant 70.

I actually love outland questing, it's brief and nostalgic, but not enough to make me tired of it. It goes by so fast, You can enter at 58 and be out by 68, and that literally takes a days worth of questing, not even. There's SO many quests there, it really is a breeze. I actually find the outland part of the level grind to be what I look forward to most, besides when I get to hit up grizzly hills. That zone is breathtaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of it is awful, some of it is great. Just like any other content in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    But being able to fly while leveling is something that came just before cataclysm.
    Actually, with the Tome of Flying in 3.2, you could fly at 77 (August 4, 2009). Cata launched Dec. 7, 2010. Prior to patch 3.2, you had to be max level to fly in each expansion. TBC had to be lvl 70 and Wrath (pre 3.2) was lvl 80. So you are correct, most flight was restricted in the area until level cap. And, pre-cata, there was no flight in Azeroth unless you ran out, discovered FPs and used them. No mounting up and flying from SW to Goldshire, or TB to Crossroads. You were on foot or ground mount from Nov 2004 til Dec 2010

Outland is pretty bad, but it's very quick. Northrend is absolutely the worst, most boring scenery, most boring quests, and takes ages, at least it feels like it takes ages.

Outland is the best bit of leveling, in my opinion. I don't mind the 1-70 stretch... but WotLK\Cata just makes me wanna logout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    It's indeed the worst place to level in my opinion. The areas look great but the distance between items and quests etc is much greater than in azeroth (clearly, invention of flying mounts taken into account.)
    Flying mounts weren't taken into account while designing the levelling content of Outland - during TBC, you didn't get any flying until 70 (unless you were a druid, and then you got it at 68).

Directly on topic, I agree, but it's only because of Hellfire. That place drives me nuts, but it's also about all of Outland I ever see (between quests and dungeons, without heirlooms, I can hit 68 with only a couple quests elsewhere; without heirlooms it takes a second zone). Even Blizzard admitted they screwed the pooch on Outland/Hellfire, and not just because it was one starting zone that funnelled all the players into the exact same areas at once.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Outland is awesome (imo). Just because you don't like it for whatever reason doesn't mean it's bad.
    Outland is an abomination. It's ugly, dull and the worst leveling experience in WoW since the old world overhaul.

It's not bad per se, it's just about the oldest content we have now, we've seen it as many times as we've leveled an alt to level cap.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I don't like having to do the same hellfire over and over, but Outland is the fastest leveling portion for me. I do Hellfire, most of Zangar and them some Nagrand and its over. I can't remember the last alt I actually did Netherstorm, Blades Edge or Shadowmoon valley on. Also, the Quests for hellfire and Zangar are burned in my head. I can go right to each spot without even thinking.

For me Wrath is the worst and slowest leveling, everything is spread out and there are a lot more "hubs" with a lot less quests. Cata isn't bad because it goes really quickly as well, can be done by Uldum at the absolute latest and can even skip Deepholm. Problem with Cata is you are basically pushed into doing Hyjal because the underwater place is so fucking slow. I've been playing long enough and am to a point with alts, especially with the anti-alt mentality of MoP, that I wish you could after getting so many 90s get a free one, or a free 85. I dunno, the leveling questing experience in WoW has gotten boring to me anyways. Then again leveling at least one character if not 3 and gear maxing them since Vanilla and BC, I've done every quest grind when it was at its longest multiple times.

Outland was horrible during cata, but around Panda they reduced the XP req so it's not too bad.

Northrend is dreadful though

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate outland with a passion, northrend as well. For the 2-3 times it was fine, after the 20th time, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I think you aren't going to find that many. I for one actually enjoyed leveling in the old world. I had it memorized like the back of my hand and I loved my set of going through The Barrens, Hillsbrad, Arathi, Strangle Thorn, Thousand Needles, Tanaris, Un'Goro, and Plaguelands. I think they did a great job with the new stuff, but nostalgia still makes me miss the old places.

On Outland though, that is my favorite part. I have it down to a science of Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Cenarion quests in Terrokar, and then Nagrand. I absolutely love Outland every time I run an alt through there. I hate Borean Tundra and whatever that other horrid place is to the East. If I could start in Dragonblight I'd love Northrend all the way through also.

Not a fan of Hyjal really, I'm ok with Deepholm and Uldum. In Mists Jade Forest is alright, and I don't really like anywhere after that. I feel mobs have too much health and some classes, especially undergeared alts, are a hassle to run through zones packed with enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

58-68 is my favorite levels in the game(as far as questing goes).