View Poll Results: Would you like this to happen?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

218 49.89%
  • No!

156 35.70%
  • I don't really care...

63 14.42%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Pretty much this, I really don't understand why wanting exclusivity/rare things makes you some retarded special snowflake. It's nice things being rare. Ok it sucks out that you missed on getting it, whoop-de-doo. You don't need the item, you want it, and because you want it to badly you cry and anyone who opposes you is a baddie.
    Just make it available on the BMAH like the Tier 3 gear. I don't think class specific items should be unobtainable. If they are, then make another class specific item quest line. Give others a chance to grind for that epic class piece. Old ones can just be sold on the BMAH. You want it bad enough....you pay out your arse for it.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2014-04-09 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post

You wanna know why you want it, because you can't have it...
    This is the truth, I don't think they should reintroduce Anathema/Benediction. I am all for class specific quest lines with nice awards in the end.

I didn't even play in vanilla, but I don't support this. I know what it would feel like to make your cool rare item you've had for years worthless by dishing them out to everyone.

As a lover of rare items and mounts, I wholeheartedly disagree, saying its unfair you can't get one is childish and entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Painapple View Post
    This is the truth, I don't think they should reintroduce Anathema/Benediction. I am all for class specific quest lines with nice awards in the end.
    The solo parts of the Fangs of the Father questline actually made you feel like a Rogue.

The Fel Fire questline for Warlocks actually made you feel like a Warlock.

If they could pull Eris Havenfire out and actually make Stratholme burning as a solo Scenario or something similar, and have us run it again like we did with the original chain. The skin itself is meaningless without knowing why it's the Priest stick.

But people just wanting it on the BMAH or as a skin at the DMF or wherever you get new skins now? No, go away, shoo. That's not what made this epic.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If they could pull Eris Havenfire out and actually make Stratholme burning as a solo Scenario or something similar, and have us run it again like we did with the original chain. The skin itself is meaningless without knowing why it's the Priest stick.

But people just wanting it on the BMAH or as a skin at the DMF or wherever you get new skins now? No, go away, shoo. That's not what made this epic.
    Agreed. That was one of the most memorable quests I've ever done, and I think every priest should get to experience it. If they could touch it up in a scenario, even better. Considering the *legendary* rogue daggers are still available, I don't see why this one shouldn't be re-introduced.

Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Only those that played back then deserve it. The whole argument that it's not fair to those that didn't play back then is stupid. You chose not to play wow while the ppl that earned the staff did.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Only those that played back then deserve it. The whole argument that it's not fair to those that didn't play back then is stupid. You chose not to play wow while the ppl that earned the staff did.
    Sure, if the cut-off was vanilla or BC. Since it was available through Wrath, I'm not seeing it...

They should make it obtainable through the old quest like it used to be, it's just weird to completly remove ways to obtain an item but still keep the item ingame.

It is indeed one of the iconic things for a Priest, and the quest was pretty cool for its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutraqt View Post
    This thread may be kinda old, but its asking for opinions and I came across it so I will give mine.

Basically, it is not fair to people who did not start playing until after it was taken from the game. Sorry, you might have earned it, but they never got the chance to do the same. At the end of the day, it is not you being special, it is all blizzard making executive decisions to alter the game and not compensating for it. My 15.00 a month for that account, is no less then your 15.00 a month for your account. My money is just as good. I should have the same opportunities. And god please do not reply with the "life is not fair" crap because this is not life, it is a game. It can be altered in any way at any point in time to cater to anything unlike life.
    So in other words, you believe there should be no exclusivity then?

Should players be able to join the game a couple years from now, run MoP challenge modes with new class mechanics, destroy the leaderboards and get the transmog sets?

I'm willing to bet that allot of Priests just soloed it with ease in Wrath. I'm not seeing the argument "it stands for the hard grind and effort". Well, maybe for some, but for others it would of been just as easy if someone was to do it now in MoP.

Just do a recolor or something similar. Class quests would be nice to have with each xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    So in other words, you believe there should be no exclusivity then?

Should players be able to join the game a couple years from now, run MoP challenge modes with new class mechanics, destroy the leaderboards and get the transmog sets?
    Yeah, sure. It's old shit...who cares.

Can't see a reason why not (but they should not have what I have - that's not an argument). Think I got mine with... 80? Definitly not classic, wasn't that hard and if someone wants it for transmog, go ahead.

I think they should work the quest back into the game (complete with "The Cleaner," for people who try to cheat it haven't seen that monster around since the re-work in Cataclysm). However, if they pointedly refuse to work it back into the game... then I think they should change it into a Legendary and create a Feat of Strength to go along with it - or at least the Feat of Strength. ^_^

P.S. I got mine in B.C. and it was very d**k punch-esque, was quite fun.

I deleted mine back in BC along with a bunch of other gear for bank space so I guess it'd be nice to have some way of getting it back, but I'm not torn up about it. I never really liked how top heavy the staff was, it always made me feel like I'd topple over and it was like holding up a giant sign that said "kill me" in BGs.

Mounts need to be removed from the game after the content isn't current anymore. Legendaries as well. This keeps these items special since they remain more rare ("legendary"). Everyone running around with a legendary isn't legendary as you can see with the legendaries in this expansion.

I do not have Anathema/Benediction. I didn't play priest back then.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Black Market AH. I petitioned for my Arcanite RIPPER to be put back into the game so other people could get it. I was VERY HAPPY to see it come back into the game. I'm even a special snowflake.

- But this and other neat things like Corrupted Ashbring (trash bringer), would be mighty sweet to have back in game on the BMAH... because My Arcanite Ripper is STILL super rare. I've yet to see someone else with it, but I KNOW for a fact they are on the BMAH now.

I've already got mine. However I feel it certainly should be obtainable somehow, how exactly matters little. I'm of the opinion that nothing should be removed from the game unless it's removed totally... yes this includes scrapping the item people have already obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoko View Post
    I deleted mine back in BC along with a bunch of other gear for bank space so I guess it'd be nice to have some way of getting it back, but I'm not torn up about it. I never really liked how top heavy the staff was, it always made me feel like I'd topple over and it was like holding up a giant sign that said "kill me" in BGs.
    It's been deleted a long time ago, but I would STILL put in a ticket for it. Stating you've been a loyal subscriber for X amount of time. I finished the quest line, earned the item, but I misplaced it. Can I do ANYTHING PLEASE to get this item back (it's unobtainable now)? - And see what they say if they say no, choose issue not resolved, and if a SENIOR GM won't do it, that's the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Black Market AH. I petitioned for my Arcanite RIPPER to be put back into the game so other people could get it. I was VERY HAPPY to see it come back into the game. I'm even a special snowflake.

- But this and other neat things like Corrupted Ashbring (trash bringer), would be mighty sweet to have back in game on the BMAH... because My Arcanite Ripper is STILL super rare. I've yet to see someone else with it, but I KNOW for a fact they are on the BMAH now.
    My warrior alt has an original one still
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Why do people want this staff so bad, if it would come with no prestige attached? it looks like a gigantic lollipop of fail, mine is in bank collecting dust ince 2005 something. I say Blizz should give up on recolors and do what they're best at, come up with new cool designs.

Everyone who got it, says no.
    Everyone who didn't says yes.

bmah is already an abomination and should be removed.