Poll: Would you like this to happen?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    No Same philosophy for everything; mounts etc.. We need something to drool for and be envious about. It's only healthy. Spoiled brats arent happy kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not use the ilvl scaling of challenge modes and apply it to the quest? A chain of solo scenarios with a scaled ilvl and external quests to soak up time would ensure it would (hopefully) require a large amount of time and skill to complete rather than, as Frmercury stated, having a friend help you out and finishing in an hour i.e. late Wrath. Most importantly, it would maintain its rarity even after this tier, since the scenarios couldn't be out-geared or out-leveled. Personally, that seems more presitgious than the staff currently is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Why not use the ilvl scaling of challenge modes and apply it to the quest?
    They couldn't simply put the quest back in and use the magic of scaling to make it work. The main mechanics in the final event were spam-dispelling diseases and down-ranking heals, so as to not over-spend mana on low-HP friendlies. Neither of which would work even with gear scaling. They'd need to design a new quest-line from scratch (even if the lore was reusable.) Which I'm okay with; Warlocks just got one. I'm just saying, it wouldn't be a simple undertaking for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. I would like to see how it where they would take it. I was fairly impressed with the solo portions of Dragonwrath but would love to see what the dev team could come up with to test our limits as a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they bring back Anathema it would make my day so much. I wish I could have it on my mage as well but I wouldn't want priests to lose their special weapon for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it is like a veteran's badge. Let's keep it that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    If they bring back Anathema it would make my day so much. I wish I could have it on my mage as well
    /Hisszzs!

Deleted
    Yes, yes, yes and YES!
    Its the only staff that I always really really wanted
    Would be so happy if they did this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no (and yes, I do have mine already ). I would definitely support a recolor, or better yet, a new unique weapon design, with an associated quest. What I've seen of the Green Fire questline does persuade me that Blizzard could do a decent job on something like this, if they chose to.

Deleted
    They should add it, yes.

I see no reason not to, there's plenty of people who didn't 'earn' theirs and facerolled it during WoTLK.
    I got mine during MC times, sporting a combination of T1, Devout armor and assorted crap-blues. It was a blast and the quest was epic.
    The value I place on it is the fact that I got it when it was still hard and fun to do it, in the same way that I got Rhok'delar when it was hard and fun to get

I remember having my best friend clearing the bears in winterspring so that i wouldn't get dazed while kiting the demon, or even using scorpid sting and viper sting and wing clip on them, skills now long gone.

What i'm getting at is that I did play during the 'glory days' of classic WoW, And i had the chance to do all these epic questlines at current level. I don't care if others get it with their daily purchase of ghost iron ore now, I had the privilege to use an amazing and versatile weapon during my time in Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, I even got to create it myself! Farming a dark eye in winterspring and assembling the mats for the gate event, that's something no 'free' weapon will ever give to current priests or hunters

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    I would love to have it, but I dont. And thats how it should be. The people who earned it earlier is the only one who should have it.

Same as my oldschool pvp gear. I raged so fucking hard when I read that everyone can get it now, and i still get so insanely mad when I see newschool players running around with the gear I put down so hard work to get, all those hours, days, weeks to farm. And now, they just go to a vendor and buy it. Pisses me off. Thanx to Blizzard for making nothing special anymore.
    Just sayin' if you got above legionnaire / knight captain in classic(which you should if you talk about old school pvp gear) you can transmog a set of high warlord's / grand marshal's replicas. The other players can only equip the armor, but they cannot transmog the look to their current set. For what it's worth, you'll still be unique in level 90 content since the guys without the classic title cannot t-mog it . Shame the priest set is fugly though... I'll stick to my T2 + Benediction look

Deleted
    I would've loved to have done the quests back in classic. I'm a lore fan, so it would have been great to do just for that! I would love to earn it. Getting something easily isn't much fun.

I'd support this, but I doubt I would bother going through a difficult quest line for it unless they updated the model/texture. It's really not on par with current graphics.

People who have it: no

People who don't: yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Hello (...) The same could be said for the Hunter Bow which I cannot remember the name of. (...)
    exept its already in game as reward for lvl 20 or smth quest , blue quality with exact same model, same goes for warlock staff-scythe, so ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    exept its already in game as reward for lvl 20 or smth quest , blue quality with exact same model, same goes for warlock staff-scythe, so ye...
    That's actually sad to hear. :[

The look of the bow was never as iconic though, probably because it was so easy to spot Benediction from miles away, while the same could not be said about Rok'delar. I think it was mostly only hunters who even knew Rok'delar was Rok'delar when they spotted one on another player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    What? Rhok'delar (I've remembered!) is a unique model. You might have mistaken it for the druid staff, which looks similar. As proof, here's a wowhead link to show it doesn't share a model with anything;

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18713#screenshots

Deleted
    Nope

i worked hard as hell getting mine, it sucks to see others using it who just ran in there and soloed it

People that say yes are ruining the game. If it were available nobody would want it.

I don't personally think it should be, nor should Rhok'delar.

I think more things in WoW should have their day, then fade away into the sunset, becoming more rare as those who have them quit or stop displaying them. A new quest equally challenging shouldn't result in another Benediction, but a new item.

One of the things I do miss from EverQuest was the stories of events and things gone by. While they were gone and no longer obtainable, there was always something to come in the future that would be cool for those who only heard stories of items/events from the past from those who were there. It added a bit of history and "legend" to the world.

I'm not a supporter that anyone who's ever played WoW should have access to everything that's ever been in WoW.

I voted no, but if they brought back the quest and made it scale to max level, then sure. As long as it is as hard as it was when I had to do it, I'll be fine with people trying to get their staff... lol
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.