Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the Minimum setup you need to Raid with all necessary add-ons and 60 FPS (25m

I want to know how much money I would have to spend in order to make a PC so that I can raid 25mans, with all the necessary addons and still get around 60FPS.

Thanks

Deleted
    simple answer: not possible with currently available hardware.

OK what about at least 30 FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Brainni View Post
    This. I wasn't able to get consistent 60 FPS even at 1920x1080 in Cataclysm; the majority of fights will get you 50-60FPS but any time where there was a lot of data(especially tons of incoming damage) like Ultraxion and Deathwing would net 30-40 FPS in combat.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontur View Post
    OK what about at least 30 FPS
    I'd recommend looking at Marest's Sample Builds thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Deleted
    If you will consider running below ultra settings in 25m raids then 60fps is more than achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    I'd recommend looking at Marest's Sample Builds thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds
    Gaming 820 there is good baseline for WoW 25man raids if the budget is ok for you and you are willing to overclock.
    Gaming 720 build if no overclocking. Both can be slimmed down a little, but instead I'd recommend adding an SSD, not dropping anything.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

That is a wild assumption

10+ Year Old Account
    you pretty much cant have 60 fps in a 25 man wow raid. the game is just too old for it to be plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    That is a wild assumption
    the assumption is likely based on the given standard, 1920x1080 resolution, and ALL settings maxed/ultra

under those conditions, no hardware available at the consumer level is capable of delivering 60 FPS during 25m combat, the highest you will see is 55ish, but more often 45-50 (this is why we don't bother giving any credit to taxi ride benchmarks)

as Stravs pointed out though, you can achieve a stable 60 fps if you are willing to play with some settings lowered

Quote Originally Posted by Ontur View Post
    I want to know how much money I would have to spend in order to make a PC so that I can raid 25mans, with all the necessary addons and still get around 60FPS.

Thanks
    Ok, all the other posters in this thread are acting like you said you want to raid 25m on ultra with all necessary addons. I see no mention of Ultra in this post. Nor do I see where it has been edited, at all.

With that said, what kind of settings are you looking at running? Medium-High? High-Ultra? or do you want Ultra?

10+ Year Old Account
    One would assume when a guy asks for 60fps and doesn't give a setting he means max, especially in a computer enthusiast area.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    the game is just too old for it to be plausible.
    MoP came out 5 months ago along with engine tweaks. The game is from last year, don't confuse that with some 3D character models from vanilla days.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    MoP came out 5 months ago along with engine tweaks. The game is from last year, don't confuse that with some 3D character models from vanilla days.
    so when are they gonna come out with the 4k texture pack? updated lighting engine? physX support? real time reactive combat? you can refine the game all you want, but a polished turd is still a turd

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    so when are they gonna come out with the 4k texture pack?
    Probably around the time 4k monitors are mainstream.

updated lighting engine?
    Cata came with new DX11 shaders already. Coincidentially GW2 that shipped last year is still stuck on DX9.

physX support?
    Why physx when there isn't any physics engine in WoW atm. Also which AAA MMORPG has realistic physics modeling today?

real time reactive combat?
    That's a matter of taste, not engine limitation. Realtime combat in every single MMORPG up to date has been unplayable shit so why would I want one in WoW to ruin it?
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably around the time 4k monitors are mainstream.

Cata came with new DX11 shaders already. Coincidentially GW2 that shipped last year is still stuck on DX9.

Why physx when there isn't any physics engine in WoW atm. Also which AAA MMORPG has realistic physics modeling today?

That's a matter of taste, not engine limitation. Realtime combat in every single MMORPG up to date has been unplayable shit so why would I want one in WoW to ruin it?
    4k textures refers to textures that are 4096x4096 not 4k monitor resolution, but even a 2k semi realistic texture pack would bring wow up to modern standards

think more like a full lighting engine or ENB, not simply shaders, but GW2 does look better than wow

add physX

i suppose, but i don't think it's wrong for people to expect ranged to actually have to aim, or tanks to use a shield for more than a stat enabler, think of how rogues used to play, part of the challenge was staying behind your target, anymore you could almost remove the 3d world entirely and play purely with the UI

4k textures refers to textures that are 4096x4096 not 4k monitor resolution, but even a 2k semi realistic texture pack would bring wow up to modern standards
    think more like a full lighting engine or ENB, not simply shaders, but GW2 does look better than wow
    Problem with WoW's low resolution are the models. Because there are hundreds or thousands of 3D models visible at all times the polygon count must be kept down to usable level. With low poly count there's no need for high res textures either since the items would look bad anyway. Things like BF3 or Crysis3 or even GW2 cheat with lower amount of items which allows higher polycount. The sad fact is that when Blizzard updates vanilla charcater models to MoP level 99% of whines regarding bad graphics will disappear overnight.

Also why bother make higher res textures for people with GTX Titans and other people with 6GB video RAM cards? Again the sheer amount of visible objects pushes the texture RAM usage so damn high it's not practical to improve the quality.

add physX
    For what purpose? What part of fantasy MMORPG needs realistic physics modeling? Fireball trajectories need to include gravity and coriolis effect?
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with WoW's low resolution are the models. Because there are hundreds or thousands of 3D models visible at all times the polygon count must be kept down to usable level. With low poly count there's no need for high res textures either since the items would look bad anyway. Things like BF3 or Crysis3 or even GW2 cheat with lower amount of items which allows higher polycount. The sad fact is that when Blizzard updates vanilla charcater models to MoP level 99% of whines regarding bad graphics will disappear overnight.

Also why bother make higher res textures for people with GTX Titans and other people with 6GB video RAM cards? Again the sheer amount of visible objects pushes the texture RAM usage so damn high it's not practical to improve the quality.

For what purpose? What part of fantasy MMORPG needs realistic physics modeling? Fireball trajectories need to include gravity and coriolis effect?
    i disagree, i've seen several cases where only an updated texture pack and a few tweaks are applied to lower polygon count models and it still looks better, a good example is the Doom remake(they did add 3d models, but you dont have to):

perhaps if blizzard let the community work on it and then sent it in for approval it would actually get done (probably rather quickly too)

as for physX, add it and someone will find a use for it, perhaps for knock-back spells, corpse explosion or what not, but add it and then start looking at what can use it
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-03-29 at 08:55 PM.

i disagree, i've seen several cases where only an updated texture pack and a few tweaks are applied to lower polygon count models and it still looks better, a good example is the Doom remake(they did add 3d models, but you dont have to):
    For me watching that video was really distracting because of the higher res faces on the low res humanoid bodies. Almost like glueing a photograph face into paper doll. Also 99% of the walls were old low res textures, mostly barrels and stuff like that which is easily re-drawable was higher quality.

perhaps for knock-back spells, corpse explosion or what not
    Those are already in the game.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me watching that video was really distracting because of the higher res faces on the low res humanoid bodies. Almost like glueing a photograph face into paper doll. Also 99% of the walls were old low res textures, mostly barrels and stuff like that which is easily re-drawable was higher quality.
    those yes, but if you compare the walls and environments to the original it is night and day difference, the biggest problem blizzard would face is that if they went too realistic on the textures, it will end up feeling too much like skyrim, but iirc there was a guy that was making high res renderings of wow areas, and they looked awesome, currently wow's look is dated, blizz claims this is to preserve artistic style, but if they want to go that route, why not add a cell shading engine, otherwise update the 10 year old textures

Those are already in the game.
    yes, but i can't see your shaman rag doll all over the place when i hit you with an axe

Deleted
    im going for doable with some extreme overclocking. something like a 3970x running 5Ghz + orso combined with a 7970/7990/670/680/690/titan should do the trick.
    better question would be what the OP's budget is in order to achieve this.