Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jin'rokh H and Ionization doubt

Hi, I do raid in a weekend guild and we will be starting heroic progression this week. My doubt is if Jin'rokh's Ionization can be fully avoid by using Alter time to erase the debuff and also if Ice block works too. I am planning to use AT, IB, AT to avoid it, does someone have tried it?

Happy easter!

Quote Originally Posted by Intervir View Post
    Hi, I do raid in a weekend guild and we will be starting heroic progression this week. My doubt is if Jin'rokh's Ionization can be fully avoid by using Alter time to erase the debuff and also if Ice block works too. I am planning to use AT, IB, AT to avoid it, does someone have tried it?

Happy easter!
    Ice block works, I'm not sure about alter time, I think it will count as the debuff falling off and whoever is around you will take the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    How to handle Ionization (H-Jinrokh):

- Spec Cold Snap
    - Understand that if you are Iceblocked when Ionization goes out, you never get the debuff (same with Cloak, AMS, Divine Shield, and Deterrence) and thus never have to run out of the pool.
    - Ionization happens every 1.5m

1) Five seconds before the 1st Ionization occurs, Ice Block and immediately Cold Snap (you can Cold Snap while you're in the Ice Block and it won't cancel the Ice Block). Sit in this IB for 7ish seconds or till the debuff goes out.
    2) Second Ionization you can wait till 1 second, or wait till you see him cast the spell Ionization.
    3) Five seconds before the 3rd Ionization occurs, your Cold Snap should come off CD. Cold Snap for your IB, and IB with 1 second till, or as you see him cast the spell.

My personal recommendation is to not dispel the 4th Ionization at all, for anyone. Just zerg the boss because you will be hitting enrage very shortly.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Ice block works, I'm not sure about alter time, I think it will count as the debuff falling off and whoever is around you will take the damage.
    Iceblock definitely works but be sure to Iceblock before the debuff goes out or you'll wipe the raid.

Also Ice Barrier and Greater Invis are great for when you can't avoid Ionization and have to be dispelled or let it drop off.

Edit:

I'm also unsure about Alter Time. I never tried to line it up because I was focused on DPS because we were 8 healing...

AT doesnt work, the debuff just wont go away (it doesnt wipe your raid either).

If your raid dps is high enough to kill it before the 4th ionization you can pick cold snap, IB the 1st, cold snap right away, IB the second, and then cold snap will be off cd around the 3rd one (probably after the ionization, but getting out and iceblocking without using a dispel and taking no damage helps too). If not, just go ginv.

I recommend cold snap anyways because after 4th ionization expires, boss is going to hit the enrage timer.
    You get to have more dps time in water by doing that.
    And grabbing glyph of ice block definitely helps.

The way I used cold snap was a little different than how windry laid it out, I would block the first ionization but saved cold snap for the dance to help healers out (that 30% heal is great) then block the second ionization let the third expire and block the fourth

Greater invis works to reduce damage. I think ionization goes out every 90 seconds so it matches the cool down exactly. This lets you save ice block if you mess up on lightning orbs. Iceblock will probably be better dps though since you won't need to run out of the puddles for ionization.

I'm with the greater invis people here. I just wait until our resto shaman says he's ready to dispell. Then I blink out of the pool, invis and call for the dispell. I then use Blazing Speed to run back in again. I then save iceblock for if shit goes down in the stormphase.

And on the note of alter time, if you altertime before you get ionization when alter time expires it counts as a dispell and ionization will explode. I have most certainly not wiped our raid more than twice due to this :s

I realise the Ice Block+Cold Snap tactic will be more superior in terms of DPS gained if done correctly vs the Greater Invis tactic. But I find that I am way more comfortable losing a bit of DPS and instead have my precious Ice Block for those times when I run like a mong to a bad spot during the stormphase.

Greater Invis, is what should be your best option, I was able to get dispelled every time with that to reduce damage, the CD on it was perfect or near perfect.

Just take greater invs, no need to get dispelled just move out of water at 2~ sec left and invs at 1
    gg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniblast View Post
    And on the note of alter time, if you altertime before you get ionization when alter time expires it counts as a dispell and ionization will explode. I have most certainly not wiped our raid more than twice due to this :s
    I also tried this but there was no dispel. The debuff is still there after AT. Even the duration is not set back.

Deleted
    We did Jinrokh HC this week, the others had already tried it one or two raid days, I couldn't at those dates, so I didn't know the fight yet other than from guides/videos, and I messed up a lot, the first problem was finding out how to deal with Ionization best. Next thing after that was dealing with the Lightning Strikes phase. Those two things are related.

At first I soaked Ionization with Ice Barrier and Incanter's Ward, didn't get dispelled, just let the debuff run out. The problem there was that I wouldn't have both shields for the Lightning Strikes phase then so I was left with just avoiding (still can't do it reliably, some tries, no problem, other tries I die) them and Cauterize and Ice Block as a last resort.

I tried saving Greater Invis for the Strikes phase but it would get removed so fast I'd get maybe 4 seconds total of the 90% damage reduction, so not worth it.

In the end I used Greater Invis to soak the Ionization when it ran out and tried to survive the Strikes phase with IW and IB.

edit: just read the "proper Cold Snap usage". Sounds good, but I still prefer Greater Invis. With the Cold Snap+IB thing you lose a few seconds every Ionization casts but can stay longer in the water, but you have no Ice Block for the Strikes phase. If you use Greater Invis you can also soak every Ionization because GI and Ionization are on the same CD, you stay longer in the water but have to get out faster. And you still have Ice Block for the Strike phase as a backup. Also, with the Cold Snap tactic you don't have anything other than your shields for the 4th Ionization, probably the one where there's some chaos etc. You can rely on GI being ready again.

What I didn't get to try out (messed up enough, didn't wanna risk another one) ........ Do you get Ionization, if you have Greater Invis active when it casts it? You can avoid it with Ice Block, but does Invis also work? That'd be another good option then.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-03-30 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    I personally use G Invis and wait until 5 seconds is left of the debuff and blink out of the water, scorch then G invis as it runs off. Works fine

Deleted
    If other classes without an ability to make themselves immune to damage the whole lightening storm phase can learn to survive by moving there is no reason we should not.
    I believe using the IB+coldsnap is far superior as you can do it on the 1st 3 pools and the 4th you don't dispell as boss should die before the debufff wears off. This way maximizes dps.

I'm not convinced using ice block to avoid the ionization is actually worth it for the first Conductive Water. In general most tactics will involve saving all raid and personal cooldowns for this point. From my personal experience when the ionization is cast you will still be setting up a combustion chaining pyroblast with alter time and presence of mind. Thus using the ice block could potentially interrupt this chain and lower the super duper mega ignite you where just building. Looking at 2 of the top 25m logs for this I do not see any use of ice block at all throughout the encounter. Which seem's to indicate I am correct however I did only look at the two of top logs which can be viewed as anecdotal evidence.

I use Greater Invisibility and I highly highly recommend all the mages to use that too because it will be off CD every time you need it for ionization. I save Iceblock for when I am caught out of position in lightning storm phase.

Also, I think Ice barrier works too. Your health will dip pretty low but you will survive the hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
    Just take greater invs, no need to get dispelled just move out of water at 2~ sec left and invs at 1
    gg.
    This. When the debuff runs out you generally have to start moving towards the walls for diffusion dance anyway, so you dont even need to run back in. Just start moving out of the pool few seconds before it runs out, invis, start moving to wall.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaozhi40 View Post
    I recommend cold snap anyways because after 4th ionization expires, boss is going to hit the enrage timer.
    You get to have more dps time in water by doing that.
    And grabbing glyph of ice block definitely helps.
    This.

I've tried both ways and completely avoiding ionization is definitely the way to go. While the last few people are scrambling to get out of the pool and spread I'm in there still pew pewing. Greater invis is good for you but you can still kill someone else if they happen to run near you when you're dropping your debuff. I was able to rank ~190 with terrible rng last night.

The third cold snap/Iceblock will be tight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Grter invis tonight, giving me IB during lightning phases as my oh shit moment. Greater invis is nice, lets the healers pay attention to someone else and I can blink out and position nicely. I'll probably stick with that as it felt better for our group. We're a 10 man.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Greater Invis is really delightful here. You will love it.
    Another question: Why do you all use IB instead of TS? In the 4s, TS "heals" more (4 ticks of the storm) over 6s than the IB would absorb of the lightning storm.
    Last week, the storm ticked for 57k on average which is more over 200k+ heal. IB absorbs round about 100k+

Well, if you eat a lightning, you won't drop that much and maybe die because of the delayed heal of TS, but eating is fail either way