Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1 dollar per pack for all regions or just U.S.?

'Cause if i have to pay 1 euro it will be pretty unfair while half the world is paying a lot less. I won't even buy it if that's the case, but i am just saying why.

Deleted
    I assume it'll work like iphone app store, Americans pay a 99c, UK pays £0.79 and rest of EU pays... something?
    Last edited by mmocf45e30c4c7; 2013-03-29 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Grammar an' shit

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    'Cause if i have to pay 1 euro it will be pretty unfair while half the world is paying a lot less. I won't even buy it if that's the case, but i am just saying why.
    Yes the prices may be different but its nothing serious, its only 1 euro and no one is forcing you to buy booster packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Yes the prices may be different but its nothing serious, its only 1 euro and no one is forcing you to buy booster packs.
    I plan on buying more than one, so it's not just 1 euro. If you want to win in the game you are kind of forced to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    yeah easy argument. Nobody is forced to do anything, that doesn't mean doing a 1dollar=1euro conversion (or anything else) is fair, like Steam got away with for a long time.

I don't know what the prices are, but I usually am strongly against supporting any f2p model. F2p is a model I'm strongly against, and it's taking over the gaming world, little by little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I don't know what the prices are, but I usually am strongly against supporting any f2p model. F2p is a model I'm strongly against, and it's taking over the gaming world, little by little.
    Why don't you like F2P? If the game is well designed (and this one is), you don't have to buy anything. Other people buying things allows you to play for free, and the option is always there to dump a few bucks into something you enjoy.

The only time I get annoyed with the F2P model is if progression is far too slow without paying or if large parts of the game are locked behind purchases. Hearthstone does not fit either of those scenarios.

I plan on buying more than one, so it's not just 1 euro. If you want to win in the game you are kind of forced to buy them.
    No, you're not.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they even legally allowed to charge the same for different currencies? Seems like it would break some kind of international laws or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Are they even legally allowed to charge the same for different currencies? Seems like it would break some kind of international laws or something.
    They charge 14.99$ for 1 month wow game time in U.S. for Europe it's 14.99 euro. And, yes Grisset you're.

They charge 14.99$ for 1 month wow game time in U.S. for Europe it's 14.99 euro. And, yes Grisset you're.
    Its actually 12.99€ / month 11.99€ if you buy 3 whole and 10.99€ if you pay for 6 months
    Any way buying anything from blizz store is huuuuge loss. I found SC2 HoS for 32€ on Launchday while on Blizzstore is for 40€

Deleted
    Subscription fees are already slightly different, so expect it to be slightly different. There's no legal requirement for them to charge the same in every country as far as I'm aware; just look at steam, where you can pay almost double on some games if you are paying by Euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You're really not forced to buy anything to win at the game since RNG is the biggest factor overall. Every pack you buy is based on RNG and drawing the card while playing is based on RNG so it's possible you may never see that one super awesome card that will win the game for you. Spending money won't win the game for you. It'll just get you some cards faster than you would by playing for them.
    Exactly. I'd never call Hearthstone a "pay-to-win" game because it isn't. You can throw $1000 at it and still never get that card you wanted. With $1,000 you probably would but it's not for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I equate it to buying booster packs for Magic: The Gathering, then trying to enter a tournament. Unless you bought a thousand booster packs, you're not going to win without buying single cards to build your deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Again, I equate it to buying booster packs for Magic: The Gathering, then trying to enter a tournament. Unless you bought a thousand booster packs, you're not going to win without buying single cards to build your deck.
    I once got 5 Jace's in a booster box :O

But yeah, every card you get you can get for free by playing (and winning) and by paying for them.

No Pay2win at all. Moreso Pay2speeduptheprocess
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    It's the same deal with wow.
    You can pay 8,99£, 12,99€ or 14.99$ per month depending on where you live. Now naturally those values don't have the same value when you convert. I remember "moving" to england to save money as 8,99£ is less than 12,99€.

8,99£ = 10,65€
    8,99£ = 13,66$

look, let's see it like this: I believe 1 month of WoW sub costs 15 dollards, am I correct?

that's about R$30,00 in brazil. but you know how much we brazillians pay for 1 month? R$15,00.

if we extend this to hearthstone, packs will probably cost 1 dollar in the US, 1 euro in europe, 1 real in brazil, and 1 whatever anywhere else
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a shrewd suspicion it's going to be 1 dollar = 1 euro = 0.79 pounds, leaving us eurobros screwed again. It's just easier for them to promote with 1 euro a package, even though it's technically more then the US pays. The current transfer would actually be more like 1 dollar = 0.79 euro = 0.65 pounds, so you can see how fast we'd start paying a LOT more then the US.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    look, let's see it like this: I believe 1 month of WoW sub costs 15 dollards, am I correct?

that's about R$30,00 in brazil. but you know how much we brazillians pay for 1 month? R$15,00.

if we extend this to hearthstone, packs will probably cost 1 dollar in the US, 1 euro in europe, 1 real in brazil, and 1 whatever anywhere else
    I don't know if I will buy cards, but if I do, I would really like to pay only R$ 1, like with the wow subscription, but it would really sucks to have this happens with people who uses euro.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    So Europeans pay 13$ for 10 packs, where the Americans pay 10$ it's not that big of a deal really. And i guess we play on EU servers so we only play against people who pay the same for card packs, so none you play against have a financial advantage?
    Last edited by mmoc90319c550b; 2013-04-06 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    So Europeans pay 13$ for 10 packs, where the Americans pay 10$ it's not that big of a deal really. And i guess we play on EU servers so we only play against people who pay the same for card packs, so none you play against have a financial advantage?
    I don't think Hearthstone will be separated by regions like WoW, if i recall right aren't the new Blizzard games able to play world wide?
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman