Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Volatile is ranked so low becouse haste becomes a problem for elementals so easily with that proc. Atleast with my ilvl 515 Volatiles proc is useless if it procs during BL.

Talking bout CDs with trinket proc ofc.
    Last edited by mmoc6353178475; 2013-03-31 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be so later, but with ilvl 518 at the moment as long as it proc outside of Hero/BL it is great, also since I mostly reforged into Mastery, Haste is still a pretty decent stats for me, however I do know that once I am more into HC Haste will become a problem, so when HC trinkets come obviously Volatile will be the first to go, just for the time being while we trying to get more HC bosses down the Haste is still rather nice at the moment.

So I probably going to try using Volatile and Cha as my trinket for now, once we get more HC down (need to check how far down is Megaera on the HC kill order) then I would try to replace Volatile with Hydra HC, just trying to see of it is actually OK to use for now. Or I might go for Hydra normal if it drops and not many people going for it.
    Last edited by Grym; 2013-04-01 at 01:42 AM.

Grym, I'm sure you're doing the right thing by prioritizing mastery with that trinket more. I believe why they are moving it down the chain a little bit is because when you get procs of 8800 haste, haste devalues a lot in that time. Mastery will no doubt be more effective than haste. I'm not sure how you're calculating it, but if you are multiplying stat weights by your average amount of haste given during a fight by this trinket, you're going to get skewed results because of my previous statement. I'm not exactly sure as to how much it affects the weights, but I know simple reforging 2k haste to mastery will GREATLY change weights. Adding over 4 times that can seriously devalue haste.

Also remember intellect procs do not have that Diminishing Return the haste does. If you add whatever equivalent "weights" of intellect and haste, Intellect will simply keep dealing more damage, and I don't think it's linear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I now only have 6500 or so haste, so when Trinket proc, my LvB is still at 1.05sec cast, meaning not yet hit GCD so I am not wasting any haste yet, if Blast gives me haste at the same time that could be a different story though but still not far from GCD. So my Haste isn't really devaluing much yet. But I do agree as I get more 522 gear I will be replacing that trinket for Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Ele trinkets (normal): Hydra > Vision ~= Cha-ye's > Wushoolays > Volatile > any T14 trinket (heroic and/or upgraded)

Therefore it is better to replace your relic with the vp trinket.
    If you're going to quote a theorycrafter and help someone with gearing choices, please don't selectively quote.

@ Everyone reading this ranking list, this is only a relative ranking of the PROCS from the trinkets that Binkenstein posted over at Totemspot. We had a proc-gain comparison for T14 too, but you have to factor in the static benefits of a trinket too when comparing. DO NOT base your choices on trinkets based solely on this proc comparison.

EDIT: here's the entire blurb from Totemspot, found at the end of the Elemental guide:

"Trinkets
    The following is a ranking of the proc only for normal 522 trinkets, using T15H as a gear base. You will need to factor in the static stat weights for each to get an accurate comparison between trinkets.

Hydra > Vision = Cha-Ye's > Wushoolay's ~= Volatile Talisman > any trinket available prior to 5.2. A more detailed analysis will be added later."
    Last edited by Michelangelo; 2013-04-03 at 12:02 AM.

I've simmed 0/2 Yulon, Volatile, and LFR Wushoo. They're all fairly close but I feel like I'm getting more out of Volatile and LFR Wushoo. I also get varying behaviors from Wushoo. There are times where I have almost no time to get a spell off with 10 stacks and other times where I can get 2 spells off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    If you're going to quote a theorycrafter and help someone with gearing choices, please don't selectively quote.

@ Everyone reading this ranking list, this is only a relative ranking of the PROCS from the trinkets that Binkenstein posted over at Totemspot. We had a proc-gain comparison for T14 too, but you have to factor in the static benefits of a trinket too when comparing. DO NOT base your choices on trinkets based solely on this proc comparison.

EDIT: here's the entire blurb from Totemspot, found at the end of the Elemental guide:

"Trinkets
    The following is a ranking of the proc only for normal 522 trinkets, using T15H as a gear base. You will need to factor in the static stat weights for each to get an accurate comparison between trinkets.

Hydra > Vision = Cha-Ye's > Wushoolay's ~= Volatile Talisman > any trinket available prior to 5.2. A more detailed analysis will be added later."
    I actually quoted it off his twitter, if it had been on totemspot I would of quoted the full thing.

https://twitter.com/Binkenstein/stat...22321418784768

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Ele trinkets (normal): Hydra > Vision ~= Cha-ye's > Wushoolays > Volatile > any T14 trinket (heroic and/or upgraded)

Therefore it is better to replace your relic with the vp trinket.
    Thanks for posting it this way, nice and easy to see.

If I could add a side question, is it worth replacing an upgraded relic with an LFR trinket? My team is having major attendance issues, so our progress is pretty much nothing so far this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    Thanks for posting it this way, nice and easy to see.

If I could add a side question, is it worth replacing an upgraded relic with an LFR trinket? My team is having major attendance issues, so our progress is pretty much nothing so far this tier.
    That ranking is for the procs only, not the entire trinkets. However, it helps a lot when choosing trinkets.

For your question, 502 LFR trinkets will roughly equal 502 and 509 trinkets from T14, so an upgraded Relic should be equally as good (especially being Int/Int so extremely reliable)