proc rate on Breath of Hydra detrimental?

On fights where we time warp at the start, I noticed that Hydra does not proc or takes very, very long. What do you do in this situation because at times it will proc mid Alter Time, essentially wasting it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I could suggest is having a macro that says, "/cancelaura Alter Time" and use that IF you HAVE to cast alter time for some amazingness before your trinket procs and IF it would be a dps increase for you to cancel the alter time and continue on as if you had never cast it.

I rarely do this as one trinket proc doesn't outwiegh the trinket/pot/lust etc. that I will gain a few more seconds of (If you are frost or arcane) or the Spam pyro-blastin I'm planning on.

The PPM trinkets are designed to proc quite quickly at the beginning of the fight. Might want to play with it a little more or delay your AT a few more seconds to fish for that proc first.

Blizzard changed RPPM trinkets to get a better chance to proc on pull and it seems to me that if it's gonna proc on pull, it probably will be in the first 5-7 seconds. Usually I alter time after that. Sometimes it'll proc during alter time and I'll lose it but it's pretty rare. If I pop Alter time really early, it ended up eating the trinket proc pretty often. Usually waiting for the 3 frostbolt casts to put the debuff on and the GCD from mage bomb and frozen orb usually give me enough time to see if a trinket procs or not.

Yeah I've waited up to 10 seconds before with no proc, I guess I just won't get it sometimes. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qyietstorm View Post
    Yeah I've waited up to 10 seconds before with no proc, I guess I just won't get it sometimes. Thanks
    TEN seconds?

You should see my records with set % proccs like LotC or the SPA Friendly trinket.

(Then they ALWAYS procc during the Alter Time after I gave up cuz I was going to lose Hot Streaks because of it >.>)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my Tforged version of this last night... So giddy to make an aura for it and start smashing some monster combusts!