All credit for the original thread goes to bellatrix, who has retired from raiding for the moment, and asked for the thread to be taken over. Please post in this thread in the future.
Please don't post in here until you have done the fight on live since things can change since the PTR.
If appropriate please indicate if your tip is for 10 or 25 man raiding - example "Deterrence blocks XYZ" - applies to everyone. "Use XYZ ability to CC adds" - probably applies to a specific raid size strat.
Please indicate if your tip applies to heroic instead of normal - heroic tips will be proceeded by the letter H and typed in blue
- Pets will get the pool buff based on the hunter's position, not the pet
- lightning orbs and nova damage is deterrable - probably better used for lightning storm ticks though
- Lynx Rush lines up with the puddles perfectly. MoC doesn't
- Some people are recommending holding CDs for the first puddle. If you're MM it's probably best to blow CDs while you have careful aim - you won't have it in the pool
- H -you can deterrence before ionization comes out and you will not get the debuff
- Binding Shot will stun the adds
- Distracting shot works on the Frozen Warlords, no DR, which can help tanks reset their mortal strike debuff.
- You can fully reflect Double Swipe damage with deterrence.
- You can deterrence sand storm and dark power.
- You can also master's call the entrapped debuff.
- Binding Shot on the Council of Elders adds - Loa Spirit and Sand adds
- Posthaste does break the sandtrap root on Council
- If it happens to go off, Deterrence will prevent 100% of the breath from Tortos
- Ice trap can slow turtle & bats but you may want to think twice before you use it. If you have a better aoe slow in your raid (like DK's Chilblains), you may not want to use your ice trap because silly program thinks ice trap is a "more powerful" slow and override other 50% duration-based slow effect.
- Glyph of Liberation does heal your shield, although I'm fairly sure Spirit Bond doesn't.
- You can deterrence the rage
- You can deterrence Poison Bombs
- Deterrence prevents the application of Cinders on Meg- I've gotten lucky a handful of times when blocking Poison Bombs that Det has been up as Cinders has been cast on me- debuff never applies, fire zone is never dropped.
- You can deterrence through quills, if you deterrence late the quills already in the air will hit you.
- you can disengage back onto a platform if you get blown off - careful though, unless the ability is about to end you'll likely just get blown back off again!
- You can cast Aspect of the Cheetah to help with Down Draft (probably best to use cheetah glyph with this)
- You can soak green goo with deterrence on final tick and u should not get the debuff
- You can soak overlapping pools and only get one debuff - BUT - you still take double damage
- If downdraft is causing you real problems, try glyph of black ice under the boss!
- Also, with glyphed disengage, a jump disengage lifts you high enough that you can make some good distance back during the draft.
- Deterrence will not 100% deflect the Eye Sore damage in the maze but it will reduce the damage taken (as it does anytime you use it)
- Frost Trap under the spawn locations of the Fogs on Durumu will be triggered even if the add has not yet been revealed and are an easy visual way to mark the location of a Fog for your runners if you see where it spawns.
- Some people are recommending to let the pet tank your add for you. Others are of the opinion that is better to tank the add yourself to have better control over the positioning and HP of the add.
- If you set floor markers for the matter swap target on one side of the room, hunters can guarantee themselves as a target by standing on the opposite side - LET THE DEBUFF RUN OUT and if you deterrence you deflect 100% of the damage - super useful if swap lines up with jolt.
- Distracting shot works on the small anima golems with no DR so you can taunt them if you see one running wild.
- You can deterrence and walk through the spears and the lines on the ground (verified for the fire)
- You can safely disengage over the spears and lines
- You can also disengage to safety on the tornadoes, but you need to be quick and aim carefully
- You can Master's call the "slowing" debuff from Iron Qon
- You can deterrence as the shatter debuff from Dam'Ren runs out and the raid will not take damage from it. Works on normal too.
- Dots stay up on the boss that isn't currently active - so on the pull you can put crows on the 2nd boss before it disappears
- On Twin Consorts, you can Disengage to dodge Lu'lin's Cosmic Barrage to avoid the damage (and without Xuen's slow aspect being active). The timing is tricky, but it's very doable. Lu'lin won't actually shoot out the barrage till about a second after she finishes the cast. Not sure if it does that on normal, but was definitely doing it on heroic and helped a lot to negate that damage. Confirmation on normal would be helpful.
- Deterrence works on pretty much everything - thunderstruck and lightning whip were the 2 I used it most on. You shouldn't deterrence the things you stack for since you're stacking to split the damage
- if you get Static Shock (shared damage debuff) you can Deterrence it and take no damage whatsoever, and nobody needs to stack on you. Can be pretty useful, especially for the transitions
- you can solo soak a static shock, there a counting down debuff and just deterrence when it gets to 2/3
- Binding Shot will stun the ball lightning.
- General Binding Shot: If you place the very edge of the green target circle on the mob you want to stun, it just stuns them instantly without moving - takes practice....